Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

One

"Stay still baby. Mommy has to dress you." I patiently say to my 5 day old baby, Ainsley, who keeps wiggling around and fussing as I try to dress her. After being in labor for 13 hours and taking care of her, I've had minimum sleep. My parents insist on helping take care of her, but I know that it's not their job nor responsibility. Ainsley's father, Zane, moved out of state when he told his parents of my pregnancy. When I hit my 6 month mark, Zane's incredibly rich parents sent me a check in the mail for $12,000 to help me out financially. This might sound crazy, but when I got the check, I ripped it up. Money was the least of my worries because my parents promised to help me out in any and every way possible. Today, Zane and his family are coming to visit Ainsley and patch up our families' broken relationship. This to me is complete bullshit. My mom agreed to letting them come because she was the one who called Zane's mother, Marisol, and told her that I delivered Ainsley.

"Ainsley..Please. Stay still." I whisper as I pull her shirt over her head of thick brown hair.

Finally getting her fully dressed, I pick her up slowly, cradling her in my arms and smiling down at her as she looks up at me innocently. I'm torn from staring at Ainsley when the sound of the doorbell startles me. Its them. I put Ainsley in her crib realizing she's falling asleep. I then hear someone open the door.

"Hi Marisol! How are you?" My mom's voice carries through the house. I walk out of Ainsley's room and hang over the banister to see who else accompanies Marisol.

"Oh! Eli, its so nice to see you!" My mom hugs Zane's father. Next, I see him stroll in. He looks around my fourier with his hands tucked in his pockets. "Zane! You're just growing up so fast!" My mother brings him into an awkward hug which he doesn't seem very interested in. She releases him and he continues to allow his roam around the room. "Tori, you're house is absolutely beautiful! I never imagined you and your family to move away from your hometown" Marisol says smiling.

"Well, when we found out about Pandora's pregnancy, me and Levi decided to make a change." My mom says quickly shrugging her shoulders. I can tell shes offended. Marisol changes the subject, "Speaking of, where is Pandora? And the baby?" My eyes widen. I slowly step back into Ainsley's room.

"Pandora! Come down here!" My mom yells to me. I take a deep breath, look at Ainsley who seems to be in a deep, relaxing sleep. Slowly I walk out of the room, and towards the stairs. "Come here, Honey." My mom motions for me. I make it down the stairs and smile at Marisol and Eli. "Hey, how are you guys?" I ask crossing my arms "We're great." Eli answers for his family.

"Lets go in the living room huh? Ainsley must be asleep. I think we should let Pandora and Zane talk." My mom says leading Eli and Marisol into the living room. I stand looking at the ground awkwardly. We stand in silence until I hear soft crying from upstairs. I quickly run to Ainsley's room to see whats wrong. A hear a voice behind me, "Need help?" He says.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?