Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Twelve

I continue cradling Ainsley as she becomes very still and completely asleep. I stand up and bring Ainsley over to the changing table. I first lay her down knowing she's already peed herself. I pull off her small pink pants and un-botton her onesie. I then pull off the blue tabs of her diaper. I then throw the diaper into the trash next to the changing table and grab a new diaper and wipes from the cabinet beneath the changing table. I pull up Ainsley's small legs and wipe her from front to back. I throw the wipe away and slide the fresh diaper under Ainsley and attach the tabs to the front out her extremely small body. I then button her onesie again and gently slide her pants onto her.

After re-dessing Ainsley, I pick her up and cradle her in my arms. I then walk over to her crib and set her down inside carefully, on top of her pink blanket. I swiftly swaddle Ainsley to insure she doesn't move around. I then bend down and kiss her on the forehead, then leave her room.

I get into my own room and collapse onto my bed. I snuggle onto one of my pillows and close my eyes. Just as I'm about to fall into a deep sleep, the vibration of my phone startles me. I instantly open my eyes and look at my phone. It's a text from him. From Zane. It read "Pandora. I'm so sorry. Call me." I unlock my phone and realize I had 41 missed calls and 90 text messages. All my notifications were from Zane. I scroll through my texts and see that most of them say that Zane is so sorry and he needs to talk to me.

"Ugh!" I groan. I then dial Zane's number. I cross my legs on my bed and sit up as straight as possible. I hear a ring two times, followed by a shuffling noise.

"Pandora?! Panda! Please listen! I am so, so sorry. I hate myself for what I did. But..That baby is NOT mine! I swear! She was hoeing around at the time anyway. I know it doesn't make up for what I did, but you have to believe me." Zane says in a rush.

"Zane...I think you need to get your life together. You cannot do this to your daughter. She can't be around that, and I'm not going to let her. You need to figure out what you want and let me know. But until then, you can't come see Ainsley." I say with tears forming in my eyes. I sniff a little and allow the tears to trickle down my face.

"Pandora. Don't cry. I know what I did was terrible and unforgivable, but its not right of you to tell me that I can't see Ainsley. She's my kid too." Zane says with anger in his voice.

"Bye Zane." I say choking up. I hang up and throw my phone across the room.

"FUCK!" I yell and lay back down on my pillow. I rub the tears off my face violently. I hear hard foot steps coming up the stairs. My mother enters my room and immediately she hugs me tightly. She gets on my bed and lays me down on her chest.

"It's fine. You're fine. Mommy's here..Mommy's here." My mom says to me as she rocks me back and forth. My eyes become heavy suddenly. I realized how tired I was. I closed my eyes and I felt like I'd fallen asleep instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh goodness. So..I'm on the fence about the ending. I'm getting close. I have a really good ending but..I don't know. UGH! What are your predictions for the end? By the way, HAPPY SUMMER! I'll update soon.