Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Fourteen

"Nice car." I say as I walk to the car following Zane. He looks back at me confused. He opens the back door and puts Ainsley in the car backwards. He loops the seat belt through the bottom of the car seat. He then insures Ainsley is completely stable, and goes to the other side of the car. I get in his Mercedes ML350 and smell the freshness of new car smell. He got a new car?!

"Where's the doctors?" Zane says looking at me with the same expression I see on Ainsley's face all the time. He then puts the key in the ignition and looks back at me.

"Uh..Her appointment isn't until later. I just needed to leave my house. Sorry." I say looking down at my fingers which are unpolished and not pretty at all.

"Ha. It's fine. You don't have to say sorry. I should be the one begging for your forgiveness." He says plainly and puts the car in gear. He then looks back and slowly moves out of the driveway. I smile remembering the day before I found out I was pregnant. Zane had called me and told me that he was gonna bring me to the beach which we always went to because it was so close to us but since I moved theres nothing here at all. Everything I knew that was there, everyone I knew, is in my past. Which is why I was so confused to see Lila. I would never think that she would be in such a rural area.

Zane begins to drive down the street and stops at a red light. He looks over at me and asks, "Are you okay?" I examine his tired looking face and nod my head once. He looks back at the light and reacts quickly to the green light. He then makes a right turn and gets onto the highway.

"Where are we going?" I ask Zane who smiles a little at me.

"My grandparents want to meet Ainsley." He says accelerating the car making me tighten my seat belt. I forgot how fast he drives. He puts his right hand on my left and quickly takes it away. I look down at my feet which definitely need a pedicure and sigh.

"Do you think..You could give me another chance? I know I betray your trust, and I know I hurt you. You've got to believe me though, thats not my baby and-"

"I want to move on from the past rather than relive it. Let's not talk about it, ok?" I interrupt Zane. He nods and raises one eyebrow and concentrates on the road.

"What if it were your baby?" I say under my breath but I realize its audible when Zane slows down the car. My eyes widen and Zane looks at me with such a hurt expression. I've never seen him like this. He touches the radio button and I'm annoyed by whats playing.

Every time Zane gets over emotional or mad or really anything that hurts him in any way, he ALWAYS listens to screamo. He turns it up making my head suddenly hurt and then I hear Ainsley start to cry. I quickly turn down the volume and unbuckle my seatbelt. I turn around and look at Ainsley who is turning red.

"Seriously, Zane?! Great choice of music!" I yell at him and crawl to the back seat. Zane then puts on his right hand signal and pulls over to the side of the highway. He stops the car and gets out pulling out something from his pocket. He then comes to the back and opens the door. He gets in and examines my face closely. He then moves into my face slowly and rests his lips on mine. I then hear complete silence. No crying baby, no fast moving cars, nothing. It was like the entire world had stopped when our lips touched. He continues kissing me and cradles the back of my head.

Our lips finally disconnect making me blush and without me realizing it, I was crying. I giggled a little and sniff. Zane looks at me intensely and kisses me again quickly and less passionately. He then says, "Does that prove to you that I swear that's not my child? Or do I have to continue to kiss you until in sinks in your incredibly beautiful head?" I shake my head quickly, totally flustered about what just happened. He smiles and raises a small box up to me and hands it to me.

I gently take the box out of his hand and open it. Inside is a beautiful pink diamond ring. Oh shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAAAT?! Ahaha! It's getting close to the end. I have some ideas for either a sequel to this or just starting a TOTALLY different story. Opinions pleaseeee?