Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Fifteen

The center diamond sparkled in the sunlight as the surrounding diamonds glittered as well. Oh. My. God. This is crazy. How long has Zane been holding on to that ring?! It must be an engagement ring otherwise it would't have been my dream ring. Zane knew that I'd always wanted a pink diamond ring. Holy shit.

"Pandora, I..I was gonna wait to give you this to you on our graduation day, but..I think this is a perfect time. Pandora Parker, will you marry me?" Zane says, his cheeks are pink and he has a very serious face while he looks into my eyes. I blink a few times and then smile at him. This is crazy. I'm being purposed to in the back of Zane's car.

"Yeah. That's be cool." I finally say looking at Zane's lips which separate and form a smile. I look up at him and he takes the ring out of the box in which I'm holding. He takes the box from me, throws it next to him and grabs my left hand. He then slips the new beautiful ring on my crusty feeling finger. He leans into me and kisses me with such passion I feel like I'm somewhere else again.

1) I cannot believe Zane just purposed to me.

2) I can't believe I said yes.

3) How long has he had this ring?!

"Well I think we should probably go." Zane smiles at me and kisses me again. He escapes from the back seat and opens the front door and looks up at the rearview mirror and smiles at me. He starts the car and begins to drive off. I look over at Ainsley who is looking at me with her gorgeous eyes. I smile at her and stroke her cheek. I become emotional, then feel a warm tear falling off of my face. This is what I've always wanted. A perfect family with Zane.

I look at the time on my phone which reads 9:21. I jump a little remembering Ainsley's doctors appointment. "Zane, Ainsley's appointment is in an hour." I say calmly. Zane hits the steering while gently and raises his eyebrows. He drives off of an exit and slows at a yellow light.

"Well, we're almost there. We'll make it back in time." He looks back at me when the light is red. This is only the second time I've ever met Zane's grandparents and quite frankly, I'm a little nervous. Zane always told me how conservative they were and how they never liked Zane's girlfriends. The first time I'd ever met them was awkward and it went completely wrong. I had joined his family for dinner at a really nice restaurant. When I met his Grandmother, I went in for a hug and she pushed me back and told me that the way I greeted her was no way for a lady to first introduce herself. And when I let my hand out to shake Zane's Grandfather's hand, he gave me a dirty look and turned away from me. Then, when I ordered my food, his Grandmother interrupted me and told me I looked fat so she ordered me an extremely small salad.

Zane pulls into a long driveway with a dark green house at the end of it. I'm surprised at the size. It's huge. I would think that cranky people like Vincent and Mallory would have a drab, old, shaggy brown house. Zane drives all the way to the end and stops right in front of the house. He unbuckles his seatbelt and opens the door closest to Ainsley. He takes her out of the carseat and looks at me puzzled.

"Are you coming in?" Zane asks bringing Ainsley to his chest. I shrug my shoulders and open my door. Zane goes to the door and knocks twice. I follow behind him closely, nervous about what his grandparents, Ainsley's great-grandparents, will think of me this time. The door opens and Mallory peeks her head out. She smiles when she sees Zane. She opens the screen door and lets him in. She continues holding the door until she sees me. She quickly lets go of the door making me jump back. Bitch. I knew coming here was a bad idea. If she's gonna treat me like that, she's not going to see Ainsley. I open the door and follow Mallory with heavy feet.

"Listen, Mallory! You cannot treat me like I'm trash! I let it go before, but now that MY child is involved, its going to stop or this will be the first and last time you'll see Ainsley. Stop. Just stop!" I stomp my foot angrily and like a child. She moves her head to the side and points a finger at me.

Before Mallory can say anything, Zane looks at her with hateful eyes. She looks at me upset then looks at Ainsley. She holds her hands out and smiles at Zane. Zane puts Ainsley in Mallory's hands. She goes into what looks like the living room. Zane walks over to me and pulls me into his arms. I miss his hugs. He looks down at me and kisses my forehead, then my cheek, then to my lips, and down to my neck. I let out a small moan making Zane stop what he's doing.

"Mm?" Zane looks at me and laughs. He lets me go completely and grabs my hand leading me into the room where Mallory is. She's sitting on the lavender couch with Ainsley over her shoulder. Zane goes over to his grandmother and kisses her cheek.

"Grandma. We've really got to go. Ainsley has to go to the doctor." Zane says letting go of my hand.

"Well alright. But wait! Why don't you come back for dinner tonight?! Come back so you can have dinner with me and Grandpa huh? And bring Ainsley so he can meet her. You can bring her, if you want." Zane's grandmother looks at me with such a disgusting face. Why does she hate me so much?!

Zane takes Ainsley from Mallory's arms and she begins to cry. Oh gosh. She hasn't eaten in a while. Zane whispers something in his grandmothers ear and comes towards me. We leave Mallory's house allowing me to feel free and happy again. I look at my ring and smile. I almost forgot about Zane's proposal he'd just surprised me with.

Zane starts driving again after he buckles in Ainsley. I look at the time again and it reads 10:00. I can't believe we've been at Zane's grandparents house for so long. I guess time flies when you're having fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
WHAT?! Surprised?! Any ideas for upcoming chapters? Huh?? Don't be afraid to ask!