Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Sixteen

We finally made it to the doctors office after what seemed like a long ride. Zane held my hand the entire ride but never let his eyes be torn from the road.

Once Zane found a parking space, he quickly hopped out and unbuckled the carseat from the back seat and walked towards the front door to the doctors. I jumped out the car and jogged to meet up with Zane and Ainsley. Zane held the door open for me and I escaped inside and went to the woman who sat at the front desk.

"Hi. I'm signing in Ainsley Parker. She has an appointment with Doctor Nelson." I say touching the cold front desk. The woman looks over at her computer and types for a few seconds. She then looks over at Zane and gasps slightly. She looks him up and down, then looks back at me.

"Uh, yes. Someone will be right with you, you can go take a seat over there." The woman points towards the small waiting area labeled "Well Children". I smile at the lady and motion Zane to follow me. We walk into the waiting area where there are 3 small children playing with blocks and trains. I sit in a random seat a few seats down from a tired and messy looking mother. Zane sits on my right and puts Ainsley's carseat on the ground. I look at her and realize I still haven't feed her.

"Can you give me Ainsley?" I ask Zane who sighs and then smiles at me. He reaches down for her and picks her up making her wiggle around (as usual) and cry loudly. My eyes widen and I take Ainsley from Zane's grip. I quickly grab the blanket that was laying under her and place it on top of me. I then lift my shirt and bra and allow Ainsley to latch on. Zane looks away from me and I laugh a little.

"You act like you've never seen me in all my glory before." I say a little louder than I meant to. He shakes his head and still keeps his head in the opposite direction of me even though I'm hiding Ainsley and my..Business. I look over at the small children who are still playing quite noisily. I smile at their mother and she sits up straight.

"How old are they?" I ask the woman with dark brown hair and freckles around her cheeks. She's actually really beautiful. Her hair is pulled in a high messy bun and she has on a gray sweatsuit.

"They're all 2. They're triplets." She says plainly seeming annoyed that I was even talking to her. I nod and smile at her, then look away.

"I love your ring. Is that an engagement ring?" She asks examining my face. I smirk and nod looking over to Zane who is looking down at my left hand. She looks down at her 2 boys and 1 girl and smiles at them.

"Ainsley." A voice sings from the door closest to Zane. I stand up and nod to the lady and she returns the nod. I pick up Ainsley and detach her from my breast, then pull down my shirt and bra. I walk towards the woman dressed in a scrub with pink and brown bears as a pattern. She smiles at me and looks at Zane making her smile larger.

We walk to the back of the doctors office unit we get to a yellow and blue room painted with monkeys and trees all over it. The woman goes into the room and motions me and Zane in. I sit in a wooden brown chair and Zane stands next to me.

"I just need to check her weight and length." The nurse reaches for Ainsley, but Zane takes her from me and goes over to the small, white, cold looking scale. Zane takes the nurses directions, but I don't really pay attention to them because I start to look at my ring again. Its absolutely beautiful. I cannot believe Zane bought this for me. It must have been extremely expensive..Unless. Do his parents know about this? Were they the ones who bought the ring for me. Yikes. The nurse leaves the room and closes the door behind herself.

"Do your parents know about he ring? And the proposal?" I look at Zane who is cupping Ainsley in his arms. He shakes his head and smiles down at me twitching his left eyebrow. I stand up and get close to his face almost automatically. I look at Ainsley and take her out of his hands and put her in her carseat which is on the floor. Zane looks at me confused until I kiss him. He pulls me in as close as he can and slides his hands down my back to my waist. Zane brings his hands back up to my face and holds my cheeks which become hot.

We then hear a soft knock on the door making us jump away from each other. The door opens with an awful squeak making me cringe. I see a heart shaped face peek in then open the door completely with a huge smile. Doctor Nelson comes in and closes the door, then smiles at Zane.

"How are ya?" She nods to Zane and looks down at her notepad. She taps her black pin against her burgundy lips and smiles happily.

"Looks like she's growing right on schedule and she's a healthy baby! Although, I think you need to brush up on your burping skills." She points her pin at Ainsley. She had threw up all over her shirt. Ugh. I bend down to her and use a tissue that was stuffed in my pocket to clean her up as much as possible. I pick her up and the doctor takes her from me and lays her on the examination bed. Dr.Nelson unravels her pink stethoscope from her neck. She puts the end on Ainsley's chest a then on her side. She nods rhythmically and the giggles. The doctor then picks up Ainsley and puts her back into my arms.

"She's perfect." Dr.Nelson says writing something on her notepad then signing her name. She rips the page from the notepad and hands it to me.

"Are you Ainsley's father? She looks exactly like you." Dr. Nelson says heading towards the door. Zane smiles and nods happily at Dr.Nelson. She smiles widely and exits the room. I sigh happy to hear Ainsley's is healthy.

Zane kisses my cheek and carries Ainsley's carseat out of the room.

Done with the doctors appointment, WOO HOO. Now, I've got to go back home and face my parents (the liar and the cheater) and Zane's grandparents. Greaaat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boringgggggg chapter, yes I know. It'll get better. Promise<3