Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Nineteen

After about an hour of waiting nervously, the doctor came out and looked around until her eyes focused on me. She walks over to me and I quickly stand up and meet her halfway. My eyes blink impatiently and the doctor smiles at me a little.

"It's a boy." The doctor says touching my shoulder. My eyes widen with delight. The doctor motions me to follow her. I look back at Zane and grin so big my mouth starts to hurt. I catch up with the doctor and she leads me to a room near the baby nursery. I look inside wondering if Ly's baby is in there. The doctor taps on a door a few feet in front of me. She opens the door and allows me to go in first. I quickly go in and see Lila beaming in happiness. Her face is back to its normal pigment although she does look like she's in pain.

"Ly.." I say taking her hand and kissing her cheek.

"The doctor says the baby has a really high chance of surviving. He weighs 3 pounds 7 ounces which is pretty good for a premature baby." She says happily letting a tear fall down her face. I wipe her tear away with my thumb.

"So..What's his name?!" I ask excitedly.

"Leo. Leo Panda Barns." She says flinching when she moves a little because of her surgery.

"Oh, my.." I know she named the baby after me. Well his middle name at least.

"Well. I don't think Pandora is a suitable name for a boy." She says laughing a little.

I smile at Lila waiting for a tear to come out but it seems as though all mine have dried out from being so emotional since I had Ainsley.

"Lila..I don't know what to say.." I bend down and wrap my arms around her shoulders the best I can even though she's laying down in pain.

"Ah, dont say anything! You've been my best friend since pre-k. I've always wanted to name my kids after you!" She says trying to get comfortable.

"Aw, Ly. By the way, where is Leo?" I ask squinting my eyes.

"Oh, he's the NICU since he's a premie."

I nod and say, "Oh fuck! I have to go to Zane's grandparents house tonight. I can just skip out and stay with you. They hate me anyway. I don't want you to be alone."

"No..Go. I'll so tired. Nothing exciting is happening soon. They said I probably cant see the baby until later tonight. I'm not gonna breast feed so..Yeah." Lila says calmly and tiredly.

"I'll try to come early in the morning. I'll see you later, Ly." I bend down again and hug Lila. I get up and turn around and walk towards the door remembering a small fact I'd forgotten to tell Lila.

"I'm engaged." I say smiling back at Lila who jumps a little. I lift my left hand and point at the ring with my right index finger and before she can say anything, I walk out of her room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short one. I've only got a dew more chapters to write so this story is going to be done by mid to late August. I've decided that if I'm going to a sequel it won't happen for a while. I'm ready to focus on something more in depth rather than about teenage parenting. Just kinda tired of the same thing. I want to have some pizzaz in my writing and I don't think this is the BEST story I could've written. Anyways, does anyone want me to read a particular story of theirs? Comment please. Oh! By the way, feel free to leave some comments and tell me what you'd like me to write a story about. It would help me LOADS!