Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Two

"Need Help?" Zane's voice makes me jump.

"No. I haven't had help the last 9 months, why would I need your's now?" I say under my breath picking up Ainsley and putting her on the changing table.

"Panda, you have no idea how much I wanted to stay here and be with you. I wanted to be here and see the birth of the bab-," Zane stops when Ainsley begins to cry "What's wrong with her!?" Zane says rushing over to Ainsley looking worried. I shake my head ignoring his question.

"Don't call me Panda. My name is Pandora." I grunt changing Ainsley's diaper.
"I'm sorry. I'm just so used to calling yo-" I whip my head around quickly looking stunned.
"Calling me? HA! You haven't called me in over 9 months! You haven't checked on me or my baby! You've done NOTHING to help me Zane!"

"Pandora..I'm so sorry. Didn't you get the check my parents sent you?" Zane comes closer to me trying to touch my shoulder. I lean back not allowing him to touch me.

"You did nothing, Zane! I didn't need your parents sympathy money. I wanted support from YOU! Not money! Don't you get it!? Why's it not sinking in your head!?"

I start to tear up. He's not worth my tears and I know this, but I can't help but let my hot tears fall to the top of my lip. Quickly wiping the tears away I finally finish changing Ainsley who looks at me with her massive, beautiful green eyes accompanied by her wet, long eyelashes. I smile down at her picking her up and then walking closer towards Zane.

"She looks like you, you know." I continue to look at Ainsley, who was closing her eyes already. I sigh and look at Zane who is staring at Ainsley in disbelief.

"I..I don't think so." Zane shakes his head not making eye contact with me anymore.
"She does Zane. Her eyes, Zane when you see her eyes..
I smile at him and sniffing as I continue to allow tears to roll down my burning cheeks.

"Do you want to hold her?" I ask Zane who looks surprised that I even asked.
"Yeah."
I gently hand Ainsley into Zane's slightly muscular arms. He naturally cups her tiny body into a safe looking shield and gazes down at her, then looks up at me with a small smirk.

"Do you think You're ready to be a dad?" I hesitate to ask because he literally just got here and I've been so bipolar and no sure if he's in this forever or just for now.

"I'd like to think so. I obviously don't know how to take care of a kid but I guess I'll have to learn." He shrugs smirking up at me.

Looking closely at Zane holding Ainsley brings a smile to my face, but I quickly brush it off when I hear my mothers voice, "Pandora! Zane! come down here!"

Zane and I glance at each other. "Do you want me to take her?" I ask Zane who is already starting to walk out of Ainsley's room. He shakes his head and continues to walk downstairs as I get in front of him to lead us to the living room where I believe my mothers voice came from.

As we enter into the living room, I see my mother and Marisol face to face on the couch and Eli sitting on the opposite side of the room hunching over similar to how Zane used to sit.

"Pandora, why don't you let Eli and Marisol hold A-" My mom stops in the middle of her sentence seeing Zane holding Ainsley. "Oh. How sweet! Do you think she looks like you, Zane?" My mom jumps in her seat happily.

"I dunno..I think she looks more like Pandora than me.." Zane says awkwardly. He slowly makes his way towards his father and levels Ainsley to Eli's eyes. Eli takes Ainsley from Zane and snuggles her as he examines her.

"She looks just like you, Zane!" Eli exclaims rocking Ainsley back and forth.

We all turn our heads when we hear the front door open and heavy footsteps following it.

My dad.

"Hello Eli, Marisol...Zane" He says Zane's name with a disgusting slur.
♠ ♠ ♠
Meep.. How'd it??