Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Twenty

Me and Zane decided to go to our own houses, and he'd meet me at my house later. It's later, and I have nothing to wear. Zane also mentioned to me that I needed to wear formal clothes. Great. I'm not comfortable in dresses or skirts anymore. Since I had Ainsley nothing really fits me well. I pull out all of my clothes from my drawer and search for anything at least halfway decent looking. Just then I hear a small knock on my bedroom door. I look back and see my mother with a few dozen pink roses. I hate roses. I stand up straight tucking my hair behind my ears.

"What?" I cross my arms at her.

"We need to talk." My mom comes in and drops the flowers and pulls me into a strong hug.

"I can't, I'm going out." I uncross my arms and get out her weird hug. I dig through more clothes and find a long sleeve black dress with a red and gold belt around it. I unbuckle the belt and the pull the dress over my frizzy hair. I then take the belt and wrap it around my waste for a small touch of color.

"Where?" She asks grabbing my forearm. I snatch my arm away from her and walk to my closet where I see a pair of my favorite red flats. My mother comes over to me and takes my left hand nearly jumping when she sees m ring.

"What is this!?" My mother lets go of me and looks at me very puzzled and somewhat upset.

"I'm engaged, mother." I say sighing forgetting I still haven't told anyone besides Lila who I hadn't even talked it over with yet. I slip on my red flats and look over at my mother who looks as if she's about to cry.

"To Zane?! Listen..I know you don't want to listen to me, especially because of what I didn't tell you about me and your father, but..This is a mistake, Pandora. You're sixteen for one thing, and you have a baby..An infant! Me and your father got married too soon and I think thats why we were having such a rough patch in our marriage. You don't need to get married Pandora! Zane is a year older than you and who knows, after he graduates, he might go to college where ever!" My mom pulls me to sit on the bed and she sits next to me.

"He wouldn't do that.." I say under my breath. He wouldn't! Right? He would never leave me and Ainsley. Or would he? No..Yes. I look down at my fingers and hear the doorbell ring. I look up at my mom and she stands up, brushes her long, gray skirt and leaves my room.

She's right. How can I expect Zane to actually stay with me when he graduates? He's always wanted to go to school to be an architect. And theres no good architect colleges here in the middle of nowhere. Plus, why would he want to be with me when he can chase after his own dreams.

I know what I have to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
A few chapters left. I wanna do a really good ending, but my heart is truly not in this story anymore.