Status: Completed

For the Love Of...

Twenty One

"Are you ready?" Lila's voice tickles my ear. I turn back and smile at her and nod confidently. She takes my hand and leads me to a full body mirror. I look at myself in disbelief. I'm beautiful. My hair is short and curled, just touching my bare shoulders. My dress..My white dress is perfect. It's strapless with a sweetheart neckline and beading on the corset top. It also comes out in a ball gown style with more beading down along the bottom. I stare at myself then see Lila behind me when she places the long veil in the middle of my head.

"You look like a princess." Lila smiles in the mirror and hugs me on my side. I turn so that we are face to face. I pull her into a tight hug and look up trying not to let the tears escape my eyes. I let go out Ly and smile at her rolling my eyes when I see her on the verge of tears too.

"Don't make me cry! I don't want my makeup to be ruined on my wedding day!" I tell Lila who wears a long baby pink dress. I smile at her and hug her again quickly. When I hear a knock at the door, my head darts to the door then I see it swing open reveling my parents. I smile at them when I see them hand in hand. My mother waves and shrugs her shoulders and my dad just follows her in. Immediately after I see two small children run and and I laugh.

"Ainsley, don't run!" I say and she looks up at me with her beautiful green eyes that compliment her olive skin and blonde hair. Ainsley's eyes widen and she smiles when she looks at me in my dress.

"Mommy! You look so beautiful! Daddy is gonna be so happy!" She said excitedly jumping up and down. Her small white dress bounces along with her. I laugh and bend down to kiss her head. She kisses me back on my cheek and then runs out of the room grabbing Leo's hand so he follows her.

"The music has started and Zane is waiting. It's now or never." My mom says with her blue dress on. I smile and nod at her. She pulls Lila out of the room with her and says, "The rest of the bridesmaids are lined up, so its time to go!"

They leave me and my father alone in the room. It's silent for a while until my dad grabs my hand and says, "I know we haven't been close these last few years. I know I messed up when you had Ainsley and we haven't talked since you moved to New York much, but I just want to let you know, I love you. You're my baby and I support everything you do. I just want us to be close again. Ainsley's 6 for crying out loud. And it's been 6 years since we've actually..Talked."

I smile at him and kiss his cheek leaving a little bit of lip stick on his cheek, and as I force of habit, I stick my tongue out, lick my thump and wipe away my lip stain. I laugh and hug my dad and he lets go, look down at his watch and looks at me worried.

"It's time." He says picking up my flowers from the couch next to him. I take them and follow my dad out of the room which leads to the beautiful Hawaiian beach. I walk out and see Zane, only Zane. No one else. With an occupancy of 267 people, I only see Zane. He has his hands together, then once he sees me, he shakes a little and begins to crack his knuckles. I hear the music for my introduction begin and I walk with my father down the isle with such grace and ease.

When I finally reach the end of the isle, my father kisses my cheek and I walk up to face Zane. The entire time the officiant talks, I hardly pay attention because I'm too focused on realizing that this is the day I marry the man I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. Eventually the officiant asked us to read our vows to each other.

Zane, will you go first in reading your vows to Pandora?" The officiant says calmly and Zane takes a piece of winkled paper out of his pocket and smiles at me. I giggle as he unfolds the paper and sighs.

"Okay..uh..I've been writing this since the day I proposed to you..Six years ago." Everyone laughs and I look over at Zane's parents who are smiling at me and then at Ainsley sitting in Marisol's lap. I look back at Zane with my smile large and bright. He sighs and chuckles under his breath and then continues talking.

"Pandora. I love you. I love every single part of you. I love your flaws even though you hate them. I love that you're the mother of my child. I couldn't ask for anything better than what I have. Although having Ainsley did shake up our lives, she helped bring us closer and I believe we are truly blessed by her. I don't know where I'd be without you today. I'm so glad to have you in my life and I so happy that we are going to be joined in marriage from today..Until forever." Zane refolds his letter and stuffs it into his pocket. I laugh a little tearing up and letting a joyful tear fall down my face.

"Pandora, you may now read your vows." The officiant says happily with his deep voice.

"I didn't write mine down..Photographic memory I guess." I laugh and then continue on saying, "Zane. You are..absolutely amazing. I'm so honored to have you in my life. I'm so very happy you've waited for me until I was ready to actually do this. I love you for allowing me to follow my dreams. I've followed my dream..And now, you are my new dream. If it weren't for you, I don't think I'd be so strong. You've made me stronger by giving me confidence and..I..Am so glad to have met you for almost 8 years. These past 8 years have been the best I ever could have had. I'm so gifted to have you and Ainsley. You have my heart..Forever." I let another tear roll off of my cheek. Zane uses his thumb to wipe it away.

"Very beautiful vows from both Pandora and Zane. I've never seen two young people so in love. Can we please have the rings?" The officiant asks. Leo comes to me and Zane with two silver rings on top of a small pillow cushion.

"Thank you, Leo." I say bending down to kiss Leo's cheek. I take both rings and give Zane mine and keep his. Leo runs back to Lila who is holding her bouquet of pink tulips. I smile at her and focus my attention back on Zane.

"Zane..Do you take Pandora to be your wife? To cherish for the rest of your life faithfully?" The officiant says.

"I do." Zane says taking my left hand and placing the ring on my finger against my pink diamond.

"Pandora..Do you take Zane to be your husband? To cherish for the rest of your life faithfully?" He repeats.

"I do." I say taking Zane's hand and pushing the ring onto his ring finger.

"Zane and Pandora. I now pronounce you husband and wife. Zane, you may kiss the bride!" The officiant finishes.

Zane tucks my hair behind my ear and whispers, "We're gonna make love tonight..A lot." Zane says quietly. Before I can reply, Zane kisses me with so much passion I almost forget where I am. After a few seconds, I hear clapping a screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a great day of dancing with my family and friends, me and Zane had settled down and he kept his promise. We did in fact make a lot of love.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end! I'm all done. Like I said before I'm not feeling this story thats why I didn't go into detail at the end. Sorry! I might make a sequel, but not anytime soooooon. Maybe I'll make Ainsley and Leo teenagers? I dunno. Ideas ideas ideas! Give em to me!