Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

One

The first day of tour is always the hardest, or so it seems that way, at least for the Roadies. A Roadie has the job of setting up and tearing down all the equipment needed in order for the show to go on. It may seem simple, but if it were your job, you would understand the difficulty. Then again, if you had twenty-one year old Sutton Vega's job, maybe you wouldn't be complaining. Her job? Merch girl. Every teenage fan-girl's dream. They fantasize about it, write about it in their silly little fan-fiction, but Sutton, she lives it. When she first was hired on, she didn't know what to expect. Sure, she had been to dozens of concerts, Warped Tour, you name it, but actually working for a band was something she had always dreamed of. Out of all the Roadies on tour, she felt she had the easiest job, which was probably true. All she was required to do was arrange and sell merchandise to eager fans. On occasion, she was asked to set up for a meet and greet. All in all, it was always simple, but never boring. She couldn't think of a dull moment thus far.

The boys of Pierce The Veil were the sweetest bunch she had ever met. They always looked out for her, making sure she was okay. Maybe that had something to do with the fact that she was the only female on the tour. Yes, Sutton Vega was the only female Roadie. The others were amazed that she was able to keep up and hold her own against all those boys, but she was a strong girl, she could handle anything now. The real test of their absolute respect toward her was when she first signed on to the tour. Typically, all Roadies lived in a separate bus to that of the band, but in this case, the boys wouldn't allow it. With Sutton being the only female and being only twenty-one years old, it was awkward and slightly appalling. Most of the Roadies were older, in their late thirties to late forties, and for her to be trapped in with them just didn't feel right. The boys of Pierce had spent quite some time discussing it amongst one another. It was Mike, their drummer, who came up with the idea. They had extra living space in the new bus they had just purchased. There was room for an extra person and that person was most definitely going to be Sutton. Although they were all boys, they were far closer to her age and she would feel more at ease.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

At the first venue, I was more than excited to start working. Sure, the first day was one of the hardest, but it was also the most exciting. I bounded down the bus stairs and out into the sun. It was a hot day, perfect for an outdoor concert. The merchandise was loaded into one of the many trailers, each marked with a number so they wouldn't be confused in a rush to get moving. The boxes weren't heavy, but there were quite a few, and by the looks of it, no one was coming to help. They all had tasks of their own. With a huff, I picked up a stack of boxes and weaved my way through the mess of people toward the main entrance. Just inside would be where the merchandise would be sold. After the third trip, help finally came, and it came in the form of Jaime Preciado, the band's bass player.

"Do you need some help with that?" Jaime asked from behind me, causing me to turn swiftly on my heel.

I smiled brightly, thankful that someone had finally noticed my struggle, "That would be great. They aren't heavy, but there are a lot."

With that, we were off. Making little contests of who could carry the highest stack without dropping them and who could get to the main entrance the fastest without being knocked over. Having fun was definitely a reassuring thing. The first day on the job is always the most intimidating. Within ten minutes, the job was done and we were both hot and sweaty messes.

"Thank-You so much for the help. It was fun." I stated, smiling up at the bass player.

"Of course! I had a lot of fun, too, but I better get in there. Vic is probably bitching up a storm wondering where I am. He's a diva." We both laughed at that, although in some ways, it was appearing to be true.

With one final smile and a quick wave, Jaime ran off through the rear entrance. I sighed heavily, I was already tired and the day had just begun. I questioned what I had gotten myself in to with this job. Sure, it was the most amazing job I have ever had, but it sure was a lot of work. Pain is money, I suppose, and my bosses sure are some great people. It was just the first day, though, I knew I could make it. I closed the door of the trailer and walked off toward the merchandise tent to finish setting up.

This was my life now. I was a Roadie for Pierce The Veil and it was pretty damn awesome.
♠ ♠ ♠
The point of view switch there was on purpose. That's why the little anchor's ⚓ were there.

I hope you give this story a fighting chance. I have high hopes for it and so many ideas.

Please comment and tell me what you think.