Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Eleven

Vic-

I had barely slept all night. My thought process was jumbled with questions and accusations. I couldn't come to terms with why someone had said those things, who had come up with them, and most of all, how did I feel about it? In this industry, things travel fast. Once the paparazzi hears this, they will be all over us, searching for a story. Even though at this point, there really isn't a story at all.

It was well into the morning when I finally decided I had enough. I had to talk to Sutton about this properly. That was the right thing to do, or so I thought. What I saw once I opened the door shocked me to the point I had to do a double take. There in Sutton's bed she lay, wrapped up in Jaime's arms fast asleep. She looked content, happy even with her face nuzzled into his neck. Maybe coming in here was wrong. Maybe, just maybe, it would be best to avoid her at all costs for awhile until these accusations wore off.

Maybe.

Today was supposed to be the perfect day. I would wake up well rested and talk to Sutton about everything that had happened, she would assure me that everything was okay. Then we would drive happily into my home town of San Diego, spend the afternoon with my family, and finally play an amazing show. Everything was supposed to be perfect, but perfect days no longer exist. The day was already ruined, what more could go wrong? At that very moment, the bus lurched toward and came to a halt on the side of the interstate.

Of fucking course.

Today could only get worse from here.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Sutton-

Warmth engulfed me as I came to, slowly waking from my dreamless sleep. I ran my hand down what I expected to be my duvet, but strangely felt more human. My eyes shot open and the memory flooded back.

I had fallen asleep in Jaime's arms.

I smiled to myself and had to bite my lip in order to keep from giggling. He was adorable when he slept. His mouth was slightly agape, showing his top row of teeth and his breaths came out in short puffs. I scooted up a little and pressed a light kiss to his cheek, which caused him to stir. He blinked a few times before looking down at me, a smile playing on his pink lips.

“Good morning, sleepy head.” I joked ruffling his hair

He laughed, “Good morning to you, too. Did you sleep well?”

I nodded and pushed the blankets off of us, causing Jaime to whine in protest. It was obvious that he wasn't ready to get up, but that didn't matter because I was.

“Come on, it's time to get up. Were probably close to the venue by now.” I stopped for a second, “Wait, why aren't we moving?”

He looked to me in confusion before jumping up and bounding down the hall. I followed quickly behind, curious to see what was going on. Vic was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a cup of coffee like he always did, but the others were no where in sight.

“Why are we stopped?” I asked, “Where are the others?”

Vic rolled his eyes and pointed towards the door before walking off toward the bunks. I wasn't quite sure why he was being so distant with me, it was very unlike him, but after last nights events, maybe this was to be expected. Jaime and I exchanged questioning glances before making our way out of the bus and into the grass. We were parked on the side of a busy interstate, the hood was up and the driver had his head down in the mess of machines. Tony and Mike stood close by, looking inside, but not offering any advice. My guess was that they didn't know a thing about cars, let alone a tour bus.

“So what's the verdict?” I asked

Tony turned to us, “Well, we broke down.”

I scoffed and held my hands up in defense. I got that part, I wanted to know the status of the bus and when we would be getting back on the road. Maybe even an idea on where we were.

“Obviously, asshole. How long till were back on the road?” Jaime spoke up, walking over to have a look at the damage.

Tony just shrugged and muttered something about it being 'too damn hot' before walking up the steps and disappearing.

“You'd think someone would have stopped to help. Even some freakin' fan girls would be nice right now. I could handle lookin' at some ass right now.” Mike said, “I don't think were getting back on the road any time soon and there isn't anyone around here I know who could give us a lift. Stranger danger.”

I laughed. You'd think that growing up with my dad I would have learned a thing or two about cars. Well, that's where your wrong. My dad was never much of a car guy and he still isn't. I guess when you have money you don't have to worry about that sort of thing, you just pay someone to do it and that's the end of it. I'm used to things just coming to me. Call me what you will, it's just natural to me. Mike gave up soon after and made his way back to the bus.

“Listen, I don't think this thing is moving for awhile. She needs some work. I'm gonna get ya'll set up with a motel and then get her to the shop.” The driver said as he closed the hood.

He was covered in grease and sweat, which was rather disgusting, might I add. I sighed in annoyance and stormed onto the bus. Jaime followed close behind.

“Why does this have to happen to us? A motel? That's appalling. Do you know how dirty those things are? You're fucking Pierce The Veil for crying out loud! Can't you get some decent services?” I huffed and plopped down on the couch.

“We don't play the fame card often, Sutton. Were not some stuck up assholes, you ought to know that. It'll be fine, I'm sure.” Tony said, grabbing a beer from the fridge. It was obvious that even he didn't believe his own words.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

We were all standing outside of the motel in a straight, horizontal line, luggage in hand. Complete silence, just staring. This place was ridiculous and disgusting.

“Should have played the fame card, yeah?” I asked and walked over to the door, put the key in the lock and popped the door open.

Inside there were two beds, which weren't very big, and a small TV set. I automatically started checking the beds for bugs and whatever else could be lurking beneath the covers. To the naked eye, they didn't seem too bad, but I'm sure if someone took a black light to it, you'd see far more. The others joined me moments later and locked the door behind them, 'just incase a killer comes... or a rapist', Mike added.

“Well, there are two beds and since I'm a girl, I get one. Have fun fighting over the other one!” I stated and situated myself on top of the covers.

“Wait, who made those rules? You're just a roadie, you shouldn't fucking be in here in the first place.” Vic snapped.

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe what he had just said. Well, if that's the way he wanted things, I guess I would just have to obey. I stood and grabbed my bag, took one last look at them and walked out. Ignoring the pleading voice of Jaime for me to stop and come back.

No.

It was obvious that I wasn't welcome there anymore.

So be it.

Jaime's protests turned into him screaming at Vic, calling him every name in the book in the process. I wasn't really sure where I was going, but I was going, and that was final.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that this took so long to get out.

But! I saw Pierce The Veil on the Spring Fever Tour on 4/20 and it was absolutely amazing! Greatest concert of my life!