Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Twelve

Sutton-

To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

I was furious and alone, no one there to take the heat of the anger. I had no idea where I was or where I was going. I knew we were somewhere in California, on the outskirts of San Diego in a little town. There wasn't much going on here. It was small, with the typical stores, a police station, and a fire house. Jaime had called my phone at least a dozen times, but I rejected every call. I wasn't in the mood to talk to them. Sure, I had blown Vic's statement out of proportion, but I was angry. You have to expect me to have some tension built up after everything that happened these past few days.

I reached a park in the center of town and decided to take a break. I had walked at least two miles to reach this place and my feet were starting to get tired. There was a large fountain in the middle of the square with a statue squirting water from within. I sat down on the ledge, my bag at my feet, and gazed into the crystal clear water.

What was I doing with my life?

Is this really what I want for myself?

To live alongside four unruly boys in a cramped tour bus, waking up in a different city almost everyday, playing shows and selling merch every night?

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Jaime-

Vic had pulled a lot of stunts throughout our career thus far, lots of diva fits, a few fist fights, but never something like this. He had sunken to the lowest of the low. I mean, yes, Vic did have a slight point in stating that Sutton was a Roadie, but throughout this tour she has become a part of us. She is much more than just a Roadie. She performs on stage, she's a friend, the sweetest girl I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Telling her she didn't belong was like telling her she was unwanted, useless, not needed. Even I would have been upset over it, but Sutton took it harder than I had expected. I figured she had something else on her mind, that something was up and his statement just set her off. Anything was possible and I wanted to get to the bottom of this, but no matter how many times I called, she wouldn't answer.

"Sutton, please. I'm begging you to answer me. I'm worried. Are you okay? Call me back, please."

I tried over and over again. At least a dozen calls were made with no answer, no reply. She was a strong girl, I knew she could handle herself out there, but knowing her she was off a good mile or two by now. I could have searched for her, but with every possible direction, how would I know which way to go? Just then, Tony came outside and sat on the stoop next to me. He looked stressed, much like myself.

"Have you gotten a hold of her yet?" he asked.

I shook my head in disbelief, "No. I've called a dozen times with no response. I'm kinda worried, man."

"She's a big girl, Jaime. It's not like we have to send out an Amber Alert for her. Keep calling, texting, whatever you can do. I'll round up Mike and we'll go off looking for her, okay?"

I was glad he was willing to help out. Tony was a good guy. Very sweet, very respectful. Almost always worried about the well being of others, give or take a few people. As he went off in search of Mike, I tried calling Sutton's phone again.

No answer, just as I expected.

Moments later, after leaving yet another pleading voice mail, I received a text message that gave me my first bit of hope.

"I'm okay."

And that's all she wrote.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken so long.

Maybe another update later on!