Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Fifteen

"You're about to learn how to party Fuentes Style!" Mike yelled handing me a red cup, the liquid inside sloshing around.

This morning, I woke up hung over, and here I was drinking yet again. Will I ever learn?

Surprisingly, things weren't as awkward as I had thought they were going to be. I woke up next to Vic, my head on his chest, my arm over his middle, and everything was alright. His eyes met mine and I felt peace. I knew right then that this was what I wanted, I wanted to wake up next to this man for the rest of my life. Sure, that sounds crazy. I haven't known him all that long, but love is love, and it comes when you least expect it.

"You're so beautiful."

I had tried to convince myself that he didn't mean it. That he was just drunk and rambling like usual. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't tell myself otherwise. He meant it and it made my heart soar. Just then, a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind, startling me.

"Are you ready to meet my family?" Vic asked, his breath tickling my neck

I giggled and turned to face him, "Yes, I'm ready."

He smiled and took my hand, leading me out onto the back patio where several people were already standing. They all greeted and hugged Vic, telling him it was great to see him and that he looked good, alongside a few Spanish words and phrases I couldn't understand.

"And who is this lovely lady?" One of the men asked, taking my hand and kissing it softly.

"Uncle, this is Sutton, my girlfriend."

My heart skipped a beat and then fluttered. Had he honestly just said that. I looked to him and he looked back, questioning whether I would accept that title. He hadn't asked, but there was no need for asking.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you," I responded with a smile.

After I greeted everyone on the patio, Vic lead me away from the crowd and into the garden. It was beautiful. The archway was covered in vine and all the flowers were bold and bright. It was obvious that Vivian spent a lot of her time tending to it.

"So, I guess were official?" Vic asked with a shy smile

"I guess we are," I bit my lip and stepped closer to him, our faces just inches apart, "That was quite the stunt you pulled there. How did you know I would agree?"

His thumbed caressed my cheek, 'I just knew." And with that he kissed me.

It was the perfect kind of kiss. Sweet, yet passionate. Not rushed. The butterflies in my stomach soared, my heart beat rose, and I couldn't help but to smile. This, what he had become, was perfect. Although it felt soon, maybe rushed, I knew in my heart that this was real. That we were meant to be something and I prayed that we would last.

"Come on, it's time to get you drunk," Vic stated, pulling me under the archway and towards the large crowd that had formed.

To say Vic had a big family would be an understatement. There were a lot of people here and apparently this wasn't all of them. I poured a few shots and downed them quickly, trying to give myself a quick buzz. I hadn't intended on getting sloppy drunk, but at this rate, that was imminent. Jaime, Mike, and Tony were off sitting on the patio chatting with a few other men I didn't know and Vic was.. well, I really didn't know. He had ventured off in search of someone and wasn't back yet.

"Hi there, boys, "I said plopping myself down next to Tony.

"Hello, I don't think we've met,"One of the men said, "I'm Carlo, Mikey's cousin."

I smiled and shook his hand,"I'm Sutton, Vic's girlfriend."

Suddenly all eyes were on me and Jaime choked on his drink.

"You're what?" Jaime asked after he had composed himself.

I looked at them all in confusion, "I said I'm Vic's girlfriend."

Jaime shook his head, excused himself, and walked off. I wanted to cry just from the look on his face, it was heartbreaking. Mike and Tony shrugged it off, obviously not concerned. I stood, apologized, and ran off after him.

Great. I knew something bad was going to happen today. Something always goes wrong.