Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Four

Vic-

"Guys, I've never been so sure about something before. You've gotta hear me out on this one." My band mates were still skeptical and at this rate, they may never believe me.

Tony shook his head,"I don't know, Vic. How do you think the fans will respond to this?"

"Tony is right, bro. Our fan base is what's most important, you know that. We can't have them shying away over something so small." Mike spoke up, finally looking me in the eye.

At the far end of the group sat Jaime, who still had not voiced his opinion this entire time. He sat silent, head cast down, tapping his foot to an unknown beat. This was frustrating, to say the least and Mike was right, this was so small. If I could just get them to trust me, we could go for it, and if they don't like it we can just quit. Simple as that.

"Just give it a shot, it's not going to be a right now thing. In a few days we can all decide together, okay?" I silently prayed that they would agree this time. They just had to.

"Alright. Just this once though and if it doesn't work out, then it's cut." Tony stated. Mike nodded his head in agreement.

I smiled brighter than I have in days, "Thanks, guys. I've gotta go find Sutton!" And with that, I dashed off out of the bus in search of the blonde haired Roadie.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Sutton-

The summer heat was once again taking it's toll on me. Carrying boxes back and forth was becoming miserable. I swear, each day these boxes get heavier, packed tighter or something along those lines. I had delivered the final box to the merchandise tent when Vic bounded over, cheery eyed and smiling. Something I hadn't seen for awhile now.

"Sutton! I have something to ask you." I hated when conversations started off like this.

"Well, as long as you can ask while I work, go on." I knew I didn't have time to stop and chat, I was already behind schedule as it was.

"So, remember the other night when you were playing for me?' I nodded, "Yeah, well, I was thinking that maybe we could do a sort of duet for Hold On Till May."

I dropped the box I was holding, but quickly scrambled to pick it back up. Had he really just asked that? Vic Fuentes wanted to do a duet with me, Sutton Vega aka Miss Nobody compared to him. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was absolutely no way I could do it. Me, perform on stage? That's crazy.

"Vic, I don't know. I mean, in front of all those people? Who is going to handle merch while I'm gone?" There were so many questions flooding my mind. I still couldn't believe it.

"I'm going to handle all of that. You and I are going to be practicing a hell of a lot and in a few days, were going to do a little show for the rest of the band. They aren't completely sold on the idea yet." He hadn't mentioned that part before. Now not only would I have to perform in front of hundreds of crazed fans, but I would also have to do a private show for the band as well.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, "Okay. I'll do it."

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Had I known agreeing to do this duet with Vic would be this stressful, I probably wouldn't have signed up for it. That night, Vic came to me with a copy of the song's lyrics all laid out for me. My parts highlighted in pink, his in blue. We sat together in the front lounge, going over the lyrics a thousand times.

"See, your part really isn't that big and that's a problem. When you have such a small part, you have to deliver yourself exceptionally. You just gotta come out there and belt it, sing your little heart out like you'll die if you don't." Vic was a pretty good teacher. He was patient with me and pretty understanding of my mistakes.

Surprisingly, it didn't take me too long to master the lyrics. There weren't many, but I was being a perfectionist about this one. I had to get it right.

"And she said," Vic sang

"If you were me, you'd do the same 'cause I can't take it anymore. I'll tear the shades and close the door, because everything's not alright and I would rather..." I belted it out as best I could, showing as much emotion as I could muster.

Vic finished his final part, almost breathless, and looked me deep in the eyes, "That was perfect."

I couldn't believe that he felt that way. I was proud of myself, yet still worried about what was to come. In just a few nights, Vic wanted to have our small performance for the rest of the band. I was on edge, my nerves getting the best of me.

"Thanks for this, Vic. This opportunity comes once in a life time. I'm glad I get to share it with you." I smiled and stood to leave, I was exhausted after the long work day. I was in need of some sleep.

Just as I was closing the door I heard Vic mutter, "So perfect." For the rest of the night, while I laid wide awake in my bed, I questioned what exactly Vic had been talking about.

Was it the song, or was it me?
♠ ♠ ♠
This was supposed to be out yesterday, but a lot of stuff came up, so I didn't get around to it.

I hope you like the little surprise I threw in there.

A duet with Vic and Sutton. Every girl's dream.

What do you think Vic was talking about at the end? Voice your opinion in the comments!