Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Five

"Good morning!" I sing songed, closing the bunk door behind me and slipping swiftly in to the kitchen.

"Mornin'" Jaime mumbled as he brewed a pot of coffee and poured two cups, one for him and the other for Vic, who still wasn't out of bed yet.

Tony and Mike were propped up on the couches playing FIFA on the Play Station. Shouting obscene things to one another and to the game as well. I laughed and rolled my eyes. Boys will be boys.

"Where is Vic? We have to practice." I asked, looking around to everyone, hoping for an answer.

"In bed!" Mike yelled, slamming his thumbs down on the control keys.

I mumbled a quick 'thanks', knowing he wasn't paying attention anymore. I made my way back through to the bunks once again, shutting the door quietly behind me, hoping not to disturb Vic if he were still sleeping. I tip toed across the floor and stepped up on to Tony's bunk for support. The black curtain was open, revealing a sleeping Vic with messy hair, his mouth slightly agape and light snores fell from his mouth. To be honest, he looked rather cute, but that wasn't the point of me being here. I giggled and poked his arm, hoping to stir him. He didn't budge, not even a flinch.

"Vic." I poked him again, "Vic. Vic. Vic! Wake up!"

He moaned, "Yeah, keep saying my name." He laughed and pushed his hair from his face, yawning and stretching.

I slapped his arm playfully and shoved him a little.

"Why are you waking me up in the first place?" He asked, rolling over on to his back, covering his eyes with his arms. He groaned again.

"We have to practice." I giggled, grabbing his arm and pulling on him, "Come on, Vic. Practice makes perfect!"

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

"Hi daddy," I sighed," How are you?"

It had only been a little over a week since I had spoke with my dad, but it felt like a life time. He and I had always been close. Growing up, it was mostly just the two of us. I don't have much family around any more.

"Oh everything is fine around here, angel. No need to worry about your old man. How are things with you? How is tour going?" He asked

Typical Dad, worrying more about me than he worries about himself. Even if something were wrong, he wouldn't tell me. He'd make sure not to ruin my good time.

"Tour is amazing. It's the greatest decision I have ever made. I love being on the road and seeing all these cities. The boys are so nice, Daddy. They're taking good care of me."

He laughed, "They better be. My little girl is in their hands."

"They are," I laughed, "Mike and Tony get drunk and play video games a lot. They pretty much keep to their own vices. Jaime has become one of my best friends, he's very protective and tells the best jokes. As for Vic, well, I think he and I are starting to have a connection. Like, on an emotional level. I think he understands."

Our conversation didn't last too long after that. We discussed the basics. How we were, what we have been doing. Life on the road and life back home. I have to admit, talking with him surely did make me miss home. Call me what you will, I was home sick and missing my dad as well, but that was to be expected. I haven't been this far from home without him before. I remembered the conversation I had with Vic on the street with no name. It all made sense now, why he was feeling the way he did. Being away from home is scary. Sure, you have people surrounding you that love you and care for you, but they aren't your family. This isn't your home. It was a lot to take in.

I could handle it. I knew I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so just a filler chapter because I'm sick and I didn't feel up to writing anything today but I knew I had to.

I hope you don't hate me for this, but the friendships are starting to grow and you learned a little about Sutton's life back home.

The conversation on the street with no name plays a big role in this story, remember that.