Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Six

Heart beating out of my chest, shallow breathes, hands shaking.

"Vic, I can't do this." I turned away from him, pushing my hair from my face and pacing back and forth. Vic grabbed a hold of my shoulders, abruptly stopping me.

"Sutton, yes you can. We've been practicing for days now, we've perfected it. Your voice, it's amazing. You know every lyric. You can do this," He sighed, looking deep in to my eyes,"I believe in you."

I just nodded, still not completely sure of myself, and followed him in to the dressing room. The other three boys sat sprawled out around the room. All three heads turned when we entered, acknowledging our presence. I took a deep breath, steadying myself.

"Were ready." Vic said, turning and leading me back out the door. The others followed in tow, joining us out on stage. The amphitheater was huge. Tomorrow was one of the biggest shows on the tour and it was completely sold out. Tomorrow, of all nights, I would be out here once again singing in front of a sold out crowd.

"Are you sure your okay?" Vic asked, startling me from my thoughts.

The others had gone down in to the audience and were patiently waiting. Soon several other roadies had joined them and before I knew it, the place was flooding with crew members. I had no idea this was going to happen. I thought it was just going to be the band watching.

"I'm fine," Another deep breath, "I promise." And with that I walked off stage to wait for my cue.

Vic propped up a stool for himself and situated the microphone stand, tuned a few loose strings on his guitar, and then introduced the song. This was it. No turning back now. I listened contently to his voice. Getting lost in the sound, focusing on what was to come. I fiddled with the microphone in my hands. Hoping it was serve as another distraction.

"If I were you, I'd put that away. See, you're just wasted, " My cue was seconds away, "Thinking about the past again. Darling you'll be okay." I made my way slowly on to the stage, cautious of every step I took, "And she said."

"If you were me, you'd do the same. 'Cause I can't take anymore. I'll draw the shades and close the door. I'm not alright and I would rather" I belted the lyrics with every fiber in my body, threw my entire heart in to it, every emotion flooding in to my words.

Vic and I finished off the song together. Harmonizing perfectly together, our voices intertwining with such ease. When the melody faded out, Vic stood and took my hand, bowing dramatically. I waved and blew a kiss directly at the boys before walking off stage, still hand in hand with Vic. Once backstage, I squealed,throwing my arms around Vic's neck. He picked me up and spun me around.

"You did perfect, Sutton. They have to be sold on that one." He placed his guitar on one of the stands and put our microphones with the others.

We made our way back to the stage to hear the boys' verdict. They were whispering to one another, discussing what they had just seen. I should have been nervous, but the adrenaline was still coursing through my veins.

Tony was the first to speak, "Okay, so we liked the performance." My eyes lit up, "And we have decided that the fans are going to like it, too."

I had never felt so excited in my entire life. I squealed again, quickly making it to my feet and running off the stage, down the steps, and pouncing on Tony. He caught me, his hands resting firming on my bum.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I yelled, squeezing him tightly.

"Sutton, your going to strangle me." Tony choked out.

I must have turned a hundred shades of red. I slipped from his grasp and moved to hug Jaime and Mike, thanking them several times as well. This was the opportunity of a life time and they had just given it to me. Vic joined us and threw an arm over my shoulders.

"Honestly guys, this is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Thank you so much." They all smiled in return, "You know what this calls for, right?"

I looked to Vic, who shook his head. Jaime shrugged his shoulders, turning to Tony for help. A wicked grin spread across his lips, he turned to Mike, who had the exact same expression on his face.

"Party!" They both screamed, throwing their hands up in the air.

I laughed, smiling and turning to the others, "Well, you heard them!" And I ran off toward the back exit, the others following in tow. Jaime swooped in and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I couldn't stop laughing. I had never been so happy.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Mike had made a few calls and arranged for a hell of a lot of alcohol to be brought in. A few of the tents were set up in the parking lot to house the alcohol and someone had brought down their DJ equipment. Mike had probably arranged for that, too. Tonight was definitely not a Mike's Hard kind of night, no, tonight I planned on getting shit faced in celebration.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you drinking?" Jaime asked, coming over to me.

"Absolut," I laughed, "What are you drinking tonight?"

He rolled his eyes, "Whiskey. Would you expect any different?"

He took my hand and led me away from the crowd. I wasn't sure where we were going, nor did I care. I was far too gone to comprehend things anyway. I took another swig from the bottle and had to blink a few times to regain proper sight.

"Where are we going?" I giggled, "Are you going to kiss me, Jaime?"

He stopped to look at me and rolled his eyes, "No, Sutton, I'm not going to kiss you."

"Well why not? Am I not pretty enough for you?" I pouted, crossing my arms.

He laughed a little, separating my arms and moved in closer. He brushed the hair from my face and tilted my head up so I was looking at him. I batted my eye lashes a few times, a pout still playing on my lips.

"You are beyond pretty. Try beautiful, gorgeous, stunning," He leaned in and pressed a kiss to my forehead, "But I am not going to kiss you because your drunk and I don't want you to do anything your going to regret."

If my brain wasn't so fuzzy, I probably would have thanked him for that, but it was fuzzy and I still didn't understand. I took it as a defeat and smiled weakly, taking another long swig of my drink.

"It's empty." I muttered before walking off.

I found Vic talking with a few other guys near the alcohol tent. I swiped another bottle, this time of Pinnacle, and sauntered over. Sliding in to the group, right up against Vic, and wrapped my arms lightly around his waist. He jumped a little, turning to look down at me.

"Sutton, hi." The others in the group laughed, "Guys, this is Sutton. The girl of the night."

He was right. After all, it was my celebration party.

"I've been looking for you all night," I slurred, running a hand down his side.

"How much have you had to drink?" He questioned. I showed him my bottle of Pinnacle, which I had been casually sipping, "Is that all?"

I giggled and stepped away, "No, of course not. I had a bottle of Absolut, too. All to myself."

One of the boys in the group spoke up, "Damn, girl knows how to party. You've got yourself a good one, Vic."

I scoffed. I didn't belong to anyone, especially not to Vic. He was just my boss. I worked for him, that was it. My head started spinning with everything I could have said to him, making me light headed all of the sudden.

"Sutton? Sutton, are you okay?" Vic asked worriedly.

I felt myself fall backward, Vic's face being the last thing I saw before everything went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I hope you guys like this!

Happy Easter, by the way! If your into Austlan (Austin Carlile & Alan Ashby), please check out an Easter stand alone I did for that pairing. It's called "Happy Easter, Austin". I think you'll really like it!