Status: Updated Daily

Roadie

Seven

Vic-

Panic sets in pretty damn quick when someone passes out right in front of you. Just drops to the ground without a word. All I could think to do was scream. I dropped to my knees and just screamed. Everything around me was just a blur, they didn't matter, no. All that mattered was the girl laid out before me. I picked her up and cradled her, still screaming for someone, anyone, to just fucking help me. I don't know how long it took for an ambulance to arrive, but it felt like hours.

"Sir, were going to have to ask you to let us take her now, okay? Were going to take her to the hospital." The emergency responder said, kneeling down next to us.

I looked up at him, just stared blankly. I couldn't think of anything to say and since I didn't respond, they scooped her out of my arms and placed her on the stretcher. I stood slowly as they wheeled her away. I couldn't even blink, my eyes were dry and aching, begging for me to blink.

"She's going to be okay, son." Another responder spoke, putting his hand on my back,"She is in good hands now, I promise. Sir? Are you okay?"

Everything was spinning around me. All I could think about was her, all I could see was her falling to the ground and becoming motionless. The man next to me was still speaking, but I couldn't hear his words. They sounded rushed and blurred. They didn't make any sense. Before I knew it, they were leading me toward the ambulance as well. I heard something about trauma, them being worried for my health and they wanted to have me seen by a doctor. I didn't care what they did to me, I just wanted Sutton taken care of. I stepped carefully into the ambulance and just sat down. There were already tubes all over her, checking her vitals, running an IV, making sure she was breathing. I grabbed a hold of her hand, bringing it to my lips and kissed it softly.

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

Sutton-

Coughing. Sputtering. Breathing.

My head ached, worse than any hangover I had ever experienced. My eye lids were heavy and that stupid beeping sound was driving me insane. I tried to blink, it took me a few times before I was finally able to open my eyes. Shock set in almost instantly.

Where was I?

I glanced quickly around the room. Jaime was passed out in a recliner next to me, snoring quite loudly, might I add, and the rest of the room resembled a hospital perfectly.

Why am I here?

I tried to think back to the last memory I had before waking up.

I found Vic talking with a few other guys near the alcohol tent. I swiped another bottle, this time of Pinnacle, and sauntered over. Sliding in to the group, right up against Vic, and wrapped my arms lightly around his waist.

Of course! I found Vic after my disagreement with Jaime on our little walk.

One of the boys in the group spoke up, "Damn, girl knows how to party. You've got yourself a good one, Vic."

I scoffed. I didn't belong to anyone, especially not to Vic. He was just my boss. I worked for him, that was it. My head started spinning with everything I could have said to him, making me light headed all of the sudden.


I guess I really did have a lot to drink the night before or tonight. I wasn't even sure what day it was. How long had I been out?

"Sutton? Sutton, are you okay?" Vic asked worriedly. I felt myself fall backward, Vic's face being the last thing I saw

I passed out. I fell. Did I hit my head? Have I been in a coma? So many thoughts had been running through my still aching head. I looked back over at Jaime, who was still snoring contently. Where were the others? Maybe they didn't care about me. Oh God, the others! Had I missed the show? My once in a lifetime shot and it was gone. I looked frantically around the room, hoping to find the date and time somewhere, anywhere, but it was a failed attempt.

"Jaime. Jaime, wake up!" I tried to hit him, but my arms hurt. Most likely due to all the IV's and other needles they had poked me with, "Jaime I swear if you don't get up it will be you in this hospital bed!"

He stirred, yawned, and opened his eyes. A big smile spread across his face when he saw me. Once again I questioned just how long I had been out. He stood and stretched, his shirt riding up in that way that drives me just a little bit crazy.

"Well, glad to see someone finally decided to wake up. How ya feeling?" Jaime asked, coming over to sit on the bed next to me.

"Like shit, what the hell happened to me? I mean, I know I had a lot to drink last night and I passed out, but why?"

He laughed, "It wasn't last night, it was tonight. You haven't been out that long. You just had a little too much, probably would have been fine without coming to this damn place. They just pumped you up with a bunch of medication. Oh, and your probably going to puke a few times." He smiled at that and stuck his tongue out at me, typical Jaime.

I sighed. Where the hell was Vic?

"I bet your wondering where Vic is by now, and maybe the others, too. Vic has also been checked in to the hospital," I turned to look at him with wide eyes," He didn't pass out or anything, just shock from your little spill. He took it pretty hard, Sutton. I don't think I've ever seen him so scared."

Vic was scared? Over something that I, of all people, had done? It's not like I'm anything to him, just a friend and a roadie, that's all. If something would have happened to any of the others, he wouldn't have been so shocked. Why me, why did he care?

⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓ ⚓

The doctors had come in to see me and said that as long as I was feeling alright, I could be discharged from the hospital. They also gave me several prescriptions and instructed me to take it slow for a few days. As soon as I had signed the paperwork, I was out the door, following Jaime to Vic's room. I kept pushing him to go faster, definitely in a rush. Jaime stopped outside of one of the doors and sighed heavily.

"Vic is in there," He turned to me, "Sutton, he's not doing so great. I want you to know that and to be prepared for what your about to see. He's sick, mentally sick. He hasn't stopped asking for you."

My jaw dropped. He hasn't stopped asking for me? I just nodded, not entirely sure if I was ready for this or not. Jaime faked a smile and patted me on the back for reassurance. I peeked in to the room and surely wasn't prepared for what I saw. Vic sat propped up in a hospital bed, an IV in his arm, and he was just staring. He didn't blink, didn't move. He just stared at absolutely nothing. The T.V wasn't even on. I gulped and slowly walked in to the room, hoping not to scare him with my sudden entrance. I sat down on the edge of the bed and took his hand in mine, he still didn't move. Still didn't blink. Just stared.

"Vic, hey, it's me. It's Sutton."I spoke quietly.

Just then, he blinked for the first time since I had seen him. He turned to look at me, scanning my entire figure, making sure it was really me and not just a hoax. When his eyes met mine, I wanted to cry. They weren't his natural, happy eyes. No, they were just dark orbs, emotionless and staring back at me.

"Oh God, Vic. I'm so sorry. I'm okay. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere, I swear, I'm not leaving." I wrapped my arms around his neck, sobbing quietly into his neck.

After a moment, he hugged me back, "I was so scared for you."

I laughed a little, smiling and looking deep into his dark orbs. I brought my hand up to caress his cheek, "I'm scared for you, too." I pressed a soft kiss to his cheek, still caressing his face, "I'm going to take you home now, okay? This is no place for you to feel better, you need us, not them."

I stood to leave, but he grabbed a my hand. I looked back to see him smiling at me. Oh how I missed that smile.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care were we go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've never really written a hospital scene before, that's where there really isn't a whole lot of hospital stuff in it.

So now you know whats going on. Have you guys decided the pairing yet?
It's playing between two people right now and I think I made that pretty obvious.

Leave your thoughts in the comments!