Status: Complete!

Morose.

Wonderful Tonight.

Year 7:

Hogwarts was crumbling to ruins behind her, but Alicis was paying no attention to her home that was now burning to the ground. Tears ran down her face in smudged streams as she watched Draco stagger toward Voldemort, feeling terrified and defeated. She helped this happen. She let the Death Eaters in, she was supposed to kill Dumbledore; Alicis was a Death Eater, and she destroyed all love and any hope of happiness for anyone in the Wizarding World. She did not know how to fix this. She didn't have the strength or the knowledge to stop Voldemort; Harry Potter, her friend from the start, was now dead, laying in the shaking hands of Hagrid- and it was all her fault. Alicis had lost her parents, she had lost friends, she had lost her home; she did not want to lose the one who loved her- the one whom she loved since she was only a small girl in ballet flats. I can't fix the Wizarding World, she thought grudgingly, but I can still save him.

"DRACO!" Alicis shrieked, running forward before Ron or Hermione could hold her back. Draco spun around quickly, horror in his eyes as Alicis swayed to a stop in front of him, arms spread wide in a protective manor. Breathing heavily, Alicis glared into Voldemort's eyes with the most fire she could handle. Voldemort gave a long, screeching laugh, arousing the throaty deride from his loyal followers.

"Miss Legend, it seems I have underestimated your bravery," Voldemort hissed, eyes gleaming with hunger. "Sacrificing yourself for someone you love? How courageous," Alicis felt Draco stiffen behind her as Voldemort rose his wand, pointing it at Alicis' heart. "I believe, by now, you will be regretting this choice. No matter, no matter. I have lost more valuable followers than you," Alicis knew what would come next, for she clutched Draco's hands and closed her eyes, ready to be taken by this monster.

"Avada Ked-"

The student's as well as the Death Eater's gasps filled Alicis' ears, bringing her back to the scene in front of her. Harry Potter rolled from the ground and to his feet, grime unable to cover the anger written on his face. With wide eyes, Alicis was pulled from her spot and was dragged toward Draco's parents, who proceeded to take their hands and push them forward, across the crumbling bridge.

"I can't leave, I need to fight-"

"You need to stay with us," To Alicis' shock, Narcissa's eyes were firm and her words rolled off her tongue with a tone of protection. With a single glance back toward the horrendous scene, Alicis held Draco's hand tightly and allowed him and his parents to lead her away from the chaos.

ϟ ϟ ϟ


"Do you think Voldemort will win?" Alicis whispered to Draco in his room. She knew that if the Dark Lord succeeded, that the Malfoy's, nor her, would have a place in the new world; their death would be a secure fact.

"No," Draco murmured, holding Alicis with a tighter grip as they sat on his bed. Alicis knew he would say this only to give her comfort, though it gave her none at all.

"If he does?" Alicis questioned, quieter yet. She betrayed Voldemort, the Darkest Wizard in the world, the creature who killed for satisfaction; no, Alicis would not live much longer. He would find her, torture her, and leave her to die, pooling in her own filth and blood. Draco suddenly sat up, turning Alicis toward him, cool steel gazing into shimmering emeralds, and he looked weak and tired, but had the gleam of something different in his eyes.

"Then I want you to know that I love you, that I have always loved you, and that I will love you, forever," Draco stated clearly, pronouncing each word as if to make it ring through his wood floors and silk curtains. "and if we die, then we'll die together."

Without warning, Draco slammed his lips against Alicis', hummingbirds, butterflies, brutal construction shattering and leaving behind a heart that could explode at any given moment. Alicis intertwined her fingers through Draco's now untidy hair and kissed him back with all the love and emotions she had felt from the beginning, seeming to allow the memories to guide her lips. This was it, what she had waited for so long. For someone to care for her, to honestly love her. To Alicis, now, nothing mattered. Draco loved her, she loved him, and she would never be unhappy again.