Maybe Someday

Jealousy

“So Kelsey and I kind of decided to go down to Florida for vacation this year,” I mention to James as I sketch him. He’s laying down in bed, the sheet hanging low off his hips and his right arm bent behind his head showing off his ‘Neal’ tattoo. After much convincing on my part (and complaining on his) he finally agreed to let me draw him. I was giddy with excitement as I posed him just right.

“Oh yeah? When exactly did you decide this?”

“The other day. I was just joking but she took it seriously. She wants to go in the beginning of December.” I eye him curiously as I explain wondering what his reaction will be. Kels and I hadn’t discussed it much since but it was obvious this was just a girls trip i.e no James Neal allowed. “Her sister, Haley and Haley’s friend Jackie are coming along as well.”

“So what you’re really saying is I’m not invited?” I giggle at the unpleased and pouty look on his face.

“I’m sorry babe, but they’re all single!”

“So what you’re really saying is, is that my girlfriend is going on a single-girls vacation in Florida and I have to sit back here in Pittsburgh while she prances around clubs and beaches half-naked?” My mouth pops open in shock at his response and the irritation in his voice.

“James!” He shakes his head and shoots out of bed before I can protest. He gorgeous naked body stomps angrily into his closet where he comes out moments later with sweats on. I’m so shocked at his outburst I just watch as he walks off into the living room and hear him turn on SportsCenter.

I give him a few minutes to cool off as I stare at my half finished sketch. I hop off the bed and pull a t-shirt out of his closet pulling it over my underwear-clad body. As I walk out into the living room clutching my sketch pad to my chest I nervously glance at James who doesn’t look away from the TV. I sit down giving a fair amount of space in-between us.

“Were you even going to ask me?” He snaps at me tearing his gaze away from the TV to me.

“I have to ask you for permission now?” I bite back with a bit of attitude. When he doesn’t respond I sigh. “James, why are you making this such a big deal? I’m down to Florida with my friends to lounge on the beach-”

“Without me,” he interrupts.

“Yes, why is that a problem?” Again he doesn’t respond and focuses back in on the TV. I sit watching him for a good ten minutes before I crack. “If you’re just going to ignore me can you at least take your shirt off?”

Despite his anger he raises his eyebrow at my outburst. I wave my unfinished drawing in his face. He glares at me but the whips his T-shirt off and tosses it aside.

“Thank you,” I mumble and he grunts in response. I scoot in closer to prefect the detail in his tattoo and the ridges of his impression abs. Suddenly I wish the other girls did have boyfriends so I could drool over James’ body the whole trip. Although it would be kind of annoying watching bikini-clad blondes checking him out as well. All of sudden it hits me and I hit James.

“You’re jealous!” I state loudly while smiling wickedly at him. His eyes narrow at me as he rubs his now red skin.

“I am not jealous,” he states with force.

“Really? Then what other explanation do you have for your little fit?” I tease him while sidling up to his side.

“I’m not having a fit, I’m simply annoyed that my girlfriend doesn’t even ask my opinion of her running off to Florida.”

“I’m not running off to Florida, James. I just need a vacation,” I explain to him softly.

“Why can’t we take that vacation together?”

“We did. Whitby, remember? Plus, I hardly spend anytime with the girls anymore.”

“I just don’t like the fact that they’re all single. And that you’ll be wearing hardly any clothes and I won’t be there to claim you.”

“I can wear a sign if you’d like. Maybe get a tattoo: Property of James Neal,” I joke and a smile crosses his face. “You’re kinda hot when your jealous.”

“Kinda?” I roll my eyes at his still bruised ego and realize I have some work to do.

“So incredibly hot that all I’ve been thinking about since you starting this little tirade is how much I want you to take me, right here, right now.”

“Well why didn’t you say that in the first place?” He asks before slamming his lips onto mine.

..............................................................

I groan, mentally cursing myself for agreeing to join James and his friends tonight. We were at some club that was so packed it had to be a hazard. I’m not a big club type to begin with. I had my fun in college but now it’s just hot, obnoxious, and loud.

I’ve been here for about an hour and a half and have already lost all the guys including James. I didn’t mind, in-fact the swarm of girls around him made me glad I was there to witness. I knew dating him came with the fans, but I was definitely not expecting these ‘fans’. It’s almost too much to think about how many girls hit on him daily, especially on the road.

I shake my head not wanting to upset myself and take out my phone that has been buzzing all night.
*10 missed calls from Kelsey*

From: Kelsey

I’m at your place, come home?

Tonight was Kelsey’s big date with some guy she recently and knowing she’s at my place I instantly worry. I walk over to the table where I left James to let him know I’m leaving. He’s surrounded by three girls who are all over him and I instantly groan. I don’t have the energy to deal with this tonight, and frankly I’m sick of dealing with it. I head outside and hail a cab texting James, Kelsey and Beck.

To: James

Hey, I’m heading back to my place. See you tomorrow.

To: Kelsey

On my way!

To: Beck

Hey, lost you back there! I’m heading to my place, Kelsey’s having a bad night.

Stepping into the apartment I see Kelsey upstairs laying in bed.

“Hey,” she says weakly. I walk upstairs and she sits up. “Nice outfit. Told you it’d be a hit.” I smile at her and go to the bathroom to change.

As I plop down onto the bed, “How was your night?”

“Horrible, yours?” She asks.

“Horrible.”

“Wanna watch a movie?” She points to the TV on my dresser and I nod lamely. As I walk downstairs I decide to break my two rules: No food in bed, and no chick flicks after bad nights.

“This is actually really pathetic,” Kelsey states and I giggle and nod. She whips out her phone and snaps a pic of the snacks and the movie screen and seconds later my phone buzzes with her tweet.

@KelseyKuper3: Date night? #werepathetic #junkfood #nicholassparks #bestfriends #badnight @AnnieAldridge

I retweet it and then turn off my phone after no replies from James.

..................................

I’m startled awake by pounding on my front door and I groan.

“Go away!” Kelsey mumbles kicks me gently. “Go get the door!”

“You get it,” I moan tiredly.

“It’s your apartment!”

“You’re closer!”

“By three feet!”

“Oh my god!” I slide out of bed and trudge down the stairs ready to kill the person who still has not stopped knocking. As I fling the door open I’m met with a very frustrated looking James. He’s in the same clothes from last night and looks disheveled, completely sleep deprived.

“What the hell?” He bellows angrily. I step back as he walks through the door still drowsy and completely shocked. “I’ve been calling and texting you all night long, I was worried sick. You just left the club with no warning except some very un-detailed text. I-”

He stops his rant short when Kels walks down the stairs.

“Sorry,” she says while walking to the door, “I’m just going to head out. Text me later.” I nod at her and watch as the door closes quietly before James starts up again.

“I mean seriously Annie, what the hell?” James sighs desperately and I can’t help but step forward and wrap my arms around his waist, burring myself into him. He hesitates clearly thrown off but then wraps his arm tightly around me, dropping a kiss on my head. “You really scared me,” he whispers.

“I’m sorry,” I say back squeezing him tighter. I can’t help the few tears that spring free and when he hears me sniffle he pulls back, wiping them away with his thumbs.

“Talk to me,” he pleads.

“Last night sucked! It was crowded and hot and you left me! And then when I find you again you’re completely surrounded by a bunch of bimbos and I don’t know I just wanted to get out of there.” I cross my arms diverting my gaze from James. When he doesn’t say anything I look up at him only to see him smirking back at me. “What?”

“You were jealous!” He says chuckles like it’s the craziest thing in the world.

“I was not jealous, I just don’t like sharing what’s mine.”

“You can’t share me baby,” he says pulling me close and leaning down inches from my lips. “I’m all yours.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry for taking so long to get this out! I know this is short, and I apologize for that, but I'm on vacation in a National Park and there is hardly any signal. I found a few bars and wrote this out really quick so I could post it. I really appreciate all the feedback I got on the last chapter which is why I was in such a rush to get this out! I wish I could've posted it the next day! Anyway the next update will be (for sure) on Saturday.

I hope you all enjoy this and please keep the great feedback coming! It keeps me writing! Let me know what you'd like to see happen.