Prisioner

Breaking out

This world I live in there is no kindness. Only the monsters that live in it. We can all watch the humans but they can't watch us. We can't touch or help them out. We are all stuck in this mirror world and for those who fall in love with the real world will only end up with heartbreak.

All the monsters say not to fall in love with the humans but some of us can't help it. We wish to be like them and eventually fall in love with them. I know falling in love was a big mistake but like I said I couldn't help it. I loved this human.

<&&>

I had that same dream again. A girl with glowing red eyes and dark black hair calling out. I couldn't hear her though. I would always try reaching out for her but she seemed to slip away like mist and I would jolt awake.

I was in love with the girl in my dreams. The dream of here never seemed fake. It always seemed like if I really tried I could reach her, but its already been 5 years since I first had the dream and I still couldn't reach her.

I sighed rubbing my eyes. I had slept the whole day. The sun was setting and it was about time I get to work. I through the covers off and shivered. It was always so cold when I got up after a dream, but tonight it didn't feel right. It felt like something was wrong.

I shook off the feeling and went to get ready for work.

I still had that weird feeling. I couldn't concentrate on working. The club was to loud and to crowded. Even now behind in the alley it was still to loud.

Something in the shadows moved making me freeze. I watched as a single pair of red glowing eyes looked at me. My heart stuttered in my chest.

"Is that you?" I asked stepping forward. In a instant I saw it. It wasn't the girl from my dreams. It had large sharp teeth and a long muzzle like a wolf. Drool dripped from its yellow fangs as it reached out to grab me. Its long furry hands reached for me and I tried to get away. I was to slow. Its hands grabbed onto my arms pinning them to my side.

"Silly human. To come near anything that looks like a monster." It growled. It opened its mouth and I closed my eyes waiting for it to bite.

"No!" There was a sound of shattering glass and I heard something land on the ground.

"How did you break out? You shouldn't be able to do that." I heard the thing growl.

"Don't you dare touch him." There girls voice had a growl in it.

"Or what?" The thing holding laughed.

"I'll kill you." The girl said. I wanted to open my eyes and look at her, but I was scared of what the wolf thing was going to do.

"Right." The thing said. There was a deep snarl and I was thrown to the ground. I heard a loud ripping sound then everything was quiet. A few seconds later I felt something next to me.

"Please tell me your ok." It was the girls voice. I opened my eyes and saw red eyes. Long black hair fell around us. She looked over my face and smiled. She reminded me of a puppy wagging its tail.

"I'm ok." I finally said. Her smile got even brighter.

"Good I was so scared when I saw that wolf going after you." She said crouching down next to me. She looked even more like a dog.

"Wolf?" I asked sitting up.

"Yes the werewolf."

"There is such thing as werewolf."

"I am here and you have only seen me in your dreams. If that isn't weird then a werewolf shouldn't be weird at all." She said tilting her head to the side. I groaned and placed my hand over my eyes.

"Your hurt." She said grabbing my hand away from my face. Her skin was soft and warm. She held my hand in both of hers and looked at the scrap across the top of my hand. SHe bent forward and licked it. I gasped and pulled away.

"What's wrong?" She asked. There was a hurt look in her red eyes.

"You just liked my hand." I said.

"That is how you heal isn't it?" She asked.

"No." I said. She tilted her head down and if she where a dog her ears would be low on her head.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." She whispered. I sighed and reached out to let my hand rest on the top of her head.

"Its fine." She perked up and smiled. I think I wasn't going to go back to work.

"Come on." I said standing up. I held my hand up out to her and she took it. I noticed her nails where long and almost looked like claws. I felt myself warm up. The girl from my dreams was real.

"Where are we going?" She asked as I pulled her down the alley.

"To my house." She didn't say any thing and followed. Out in the light of the streets I finally got to get a good look at her. She had one small sharp tooth poking at her bottom lip and her skin was a pail white. She didn't have much on when it came to clothes. Just a shirt that stopped a few inches under her breast and shorts that hung low on her hips. She was also bear foot, but the look seemed to fit her. Her red eyes looked around at everything.

"Its so different." SHe said looking around.

"From what?"

"From the mirror world. Its different but the same." She smiled at me. Her eyes softened when she saw my house.

"I have been here many time but you could never see or hear me and I could never reach you." She whispered as I walked up to the door.

"I tried reaching for you." I said opening the door.

"I know." She smiled at me and I lead her inside. She took a deep breath and sighed. SHe closed her eyes and when she opened them she looked tired.

"Come on I'll let you rest on my bed while I shower." I said. She gave me a tired smile and followed me up the stairs. When we got to my room I walked over to the bed and she sat down.

"You can rest I will take a shower." She frowned and let go of my hand. Both of her hands went to the bed spread and she gently touched the cover like it would break under her touch. I smiled and went over to the bathroom.

<&&>

I couldn't believe I was really here. After trying so long trying to get here I finally made it. I smiled and fell back on the bed. It was warm here unlike the mirror world. Everything smelt alive. I wanted to take everything in but from crossing over to this world left me tired and weak. I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of running water.