Status: I'm putting this story on a temporary hiatus

Living’s a Wicked Dream

Hearse Ride

Sami honked the horn of Colleen's jet black hearse. The brunette never enjoyed the fact that her red headed friend owned the vehicle, in fact the thought of it with a coffin in the trunk area alone gave her goose bumps and to make matters worse Colleen had managed to forgot her digital camera inside her house so the redhead had to go back inside to grab it.

"I'm coming, keep your bra on," Colleen teased. The redhead knew Sami hated her means of transportation so Colleen made sure to be quick about getting her digital camera. The blue eyed redhead didn’t blame her friend at all though; sometimes she even got goose bumps driving in the retired hearse alone.

Sami flipped her friend the bird as she hopped into the driver's seat. The blue eyed brunette watched as Colleen turned the key in the ignition and the hearse roared to life. Finally, Sami thought to herself, she was anxious to get to the venue already and they still had to pick up Joanie for the show also. Thankfully Joanie’s apartment wasn’t too far out of the way.

"So are we still picking up Joanie," Sami asked casually as Colleen slipped in a mixed CD into the car's CD player. It was one of the few things the redhead had installed and updated in the older vehicle. The car was her pride and joy after all.

Colleen nodded. "Yep,” she confirmed. “My secret mommy is getting picked up on the way there."

The first song, Trashed and Scattered, on the mix CD began to play as Sami gave Colleen a look of confusion. Sometimes the things that came out of Colleen’s mouth still shocked Sami at times, Colleen’s comments about Joanie moments before being one of those instances.

"Since when did Joanie conceive you?" Sami asked, ready to laugh at whatever crazy statement her friend may have concocted.

“She did it magically,” Colleen replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Sami gave her best friend a look of disbelief before she started to laugh. She knew her friend could be a bit on the odd side and she never got tired of it. In fact it’s one of the things she loved about their friendship. It was never dull or boring, ever.

“Fine, don’t believe Joanie is magical,” Colleen huffed. “She’ll just turn you into a baboon with a pimple butt.”

Sami started laughing hysterically, Colleen soon joining her as the redhead pulled out of her car garage. “Holy shit Sami,” she grinned. “Am I really crazy or am I really crazy?”

“I’d say really crazy,” Sami agreed with a smirk.

“Shut up,” Colleen pouted, whining playfully.

Colleen turned on the volume back up on her audio system; changing the mix CD she had put in earlier to the Hollywood Undead song, Lump Your Head. Sami quirked an eyebrow at her friend watching her as she began to sing and dance along in the driver’s seat as they sat at their first red light. The redhead noticed the questioning stares Sami was giving her, looking back at her friend as they waited for the left hand turn signal to turn green. When Colleen realized why the brunette was looking at her strangely she let out a small laugh.
“What it’s a mix CD and I love this song,” she explained.

“Is there anymore Avenged Sevenfold on this CD,” Sami questioned, checking her hair dark locks in the small compact mirror she had brought.

Colleen nodded. “Yes, every other song is Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Okay then I’ll let it slide this once,” Sami smirked, poking Colleen’s chubby cheek.

Colleen pouted, glaring playfully at her friend. “Hey! I’m driving missy or would you prefer to die and not see the guys?”

Sami feigned a look of sadness and pretended to sniffle, “I’m sorry Colleen.”

Colleen giggled, “It’s okay. Now shush woman my song is almost over.”

The song ended moments later, it was followed by a few moments of silence as the CD transitioned to the next song. The opening guitar riff of Unholy Confessions quickly filling the entire interior of the hearse as Colleen turned the volume up and began tapping her fingers against the steering wheel, attempting to drum along with the Rev.

“I’ll try,” Sami and Colleen sang along in their best attempts at imitating Matt’s screaming vocals.

Sami started head banging and air drumming as Colleen kept singing and attempting to scream the lyrics as they started the short drive to Joanie’s. Thankfully traffic wasn’t too bad since it was after rush hour on a week night so the redhead didn’t get too frustrated with other driver’s like she tended to. Colleen turned into the parking area that lead to Joanie’s apartment building, picking an empty parking spot in front of Joanie’s apartment and text her that they had arrived, deciding to leave the engine one because she doubted Joanie would take forever to get in the car.

The dark skinned woman appeared out of her apartment moments later, dressed very similarly to her two friends, all of them wearing dark wash jeans, worn converse and an Avenged Sevenfold band tee. As Joanie hopped into one of the backseats Colleen had installed to the hearse the raven haired girl grinned at her friends, “Ready to see our men?”

Colleen laughed, “Is that even a real question mommy?”

Joanie looked at Colleen and was unable to stop her eyes from rolling. Sometimes the things that escaped her redhead friend’s lips made her want to face palm because they were so random. “Did you have sugar today,” she asked, accusingly.

“Again,” Colleen scoffed. “Is that even a real question?”

Joanie couldn’t help but laugh in reply. “Good point,” she mumbled. “You always have sugar when Sami and I are around.”

Colleen flipped Joanie the bird, pulling out of the apartment complex parking lot and continuing their short drive to Chain Reaction, the short drive that would change all three of the girl’s lives in the most unexpected way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited May 28, 2014