Status: I'm putting this story on a temporary hiatus

Living’s a Wicked Dream

Chain Reaction

When the three friends finally arrived at Chain Reaction, they quickly placed their laminated passes around their necks, allowing them to dangle from the lanyard they were connected to. Colleen literally skipped to the entrance, lopping her arms with her friend’s dragging them both along with her. The redhead was on cloud nine, she was going to see her favorite band with her best friends, plus if she was lucky she’d get to see some co-workers that she actually liked outside of work.

"Slow it down or I'll trip you," Joanie threatened, as she almost lost her footing when Colleen pulled her quickly over an uneven section of sidewalk.

Sami laughed as Colleen’s blue eyes widened and her grip instantly loosened on Joanie before she started singing the opening lyrics from Critical Acclaim, "Shhh, quiet you might piss somebody off."

Joanie and Sami, grinned, joining in as Colleen sang the next verse, "Like me motherfucker you've been at it for too long."

Sami wrapped her arms around two friends in a quick side hug before they moved to get in line. They continued singing random Avenged Sevenfold songs until the small line in front of them disappeared and it was their turn to go inside. The bouncers admitting people inside made sure their passes were legitimate, flashing a special blue tinted light on them before he allowed them inside.

"So what would you do for Klondike bar," Colleen asked, randomly.

Sami looked at her friend, almost in disbelief that she had asked that. "Chipmunk you are crazy," she snickered.

Joanie nodded in agreement, "That's why we love you though crazy lady."

Colleen flipped them both the bird as she walked away heading towards where the stage was being rigged up by the road technicians, a grin appearing on her lips when she spotted the Berry twins helping set up with a few other roadies.

"Mighty Matt," she exclaimed excitedly.

Sami and Joanie looked at their friend with confusion clearly written on their faces as they watched Matt Berry grin and jump off the slightly elevated stage to hug Colleen. Sami walked over to her friend, Joanie following after the brunette, both girls wondering how their friend knew Matt Berry.

"Chipmunk aren't you going to introduce us," Sami questioned. All of them knew who Matt Berry was but knowing of someone is different than being introduced to them. Plus Sami really wanted to know how Colleen met the Berry twin.

Colleen blushed. "Guys,” she smiled. “As you already know this is Matt Berry. Matt these are my best friends, Sami and Joanie."

Joanie reached over first shaking Matt’s extended hand before she reached out and smacked Colleen’s arm. Sami bit back a snicker at the interaction; quickly shaking Matt’s still extended hand and mumbled a quick hello to him. “Colleen Connors,” Joanie spoke. “Why didn’t you tell us you knew a Berry twin? Did you kidnap him on one of your sugar highs?”

Sami looked at the face Colleen made, finding it absolutely hilarious and soon found herself bursting out in fits of laughter. What Joanie had said was probably a realistic assumption as far as their friend was concerned but at the same time, maybe Colleen and Matt had met randomly at a bar. You never know with the random excitement that tended to happen with their group of friends. “She probably did too,” Sami agreed.

Colleen flipped her friends off, earning a laugh from everyone and a big hug from Matt, who had a big grin on his face. Colleen’s friends were almost exactly how she had described them when they had last talked.

“I actually met him at Johnny’s,” Colleen muttered. “He became my brother from another mother that night,” Colleen stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Matt laughed, “Did you guys give her sugar?”

Sami shook her head, trying not to laugh more. Her sides were already tender from laughing so much already. “She tends to be like this when she’s with us,” the brunette answered.

“I see,” Matt grinned. He quickly gave Colleen a quick hug, whispering something softly into her ear before heading back on stage. Sami and Joanie watched, both wanting to know ever juicy detail of what was going on between their friend and the Berry twin, well except maybe if they had sex. That would be too much information for their taste at that point.

Colleen watched Matt walk away, her face tinged red across her pale complexion as she mumbled she was getting soda for everyone. The redhead quickly shuffled her feet towards the small concessions stand across the room and pulled out a few small bills to pay for the five sodas she planned on buying; one each for her friends, her and the Berry twins. Sami and Joanie looked at their friend following after her, wondering what Matt Berry had whispered in her ear and why it had made her blush.

“So did you do the dirty or was he just making you blush for fun,” Joanie teased after she took a drink from the Mountain Dew Colleen had just gotten her.

Sami giggled, taking a big gulp from the Mountain Dew designated for her consumption. “So did that night at Johnny’s end happily,” Sami joked.

Colleen bit her lip feeling herself blush more as she grabbed the two Dr. Pepper’s for the twins and her Pepsi, quietly walking back to the stage and handing Matt the Dr. Pepper’s and laughed at his brother, Jason’s reaction. Sami and Joanie watched their friend with quirked eyebrows shocked when Matt Berry peck their friend’s cheek.

Sami practically ran over to Colleen dragging her away by her arm. “Wha’ was tha’,” she questioned, her Scottish accent peeking through.

“Nothing,” Colleen answered a little too quickly.

“Looks like a whole lot of something to me,” Joanie snickered.

“Don’t start or I’ll tell Matt to call it off,” Colleen muttered as she tried to hide the blush that had crept up on her face.

Sami looked over at Matt Berry, realizing he was waving them over to the side of the stage that lead to the back stage. The brunette nudged Joanie and Colleen, gesturing to Matt as the twin called out Colleen’s name. The redhead grabbed friend’s hands leading them over to Matt. She pecked his cheek and smiled, “You know you don’t have to do this Matt.”

Matt looked at Colleen and smiled back at her. “I’m doing it because I want to. Now c’mon they’ll be done getting ready by now.”

Sami and Joanie had confusion written all over their faces as Colleen practically dragged them backstage as they followed behind Matt.

“Colleen what did you do,” Sami questioned when they halted in front of a door. Matt knocked on the door, the paper on the door coming into view with the bolded letters reading Avenged Sevenfold.

“You’ll see,” Colleen replied simply, a huge grin on her face as Matt opened the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edited May 28, 2014