Status: I'm putting this story on a temporary hiatus

Living’s a Wicked Dream

Laughter

Zacky and Colleen could hear Joanie and Matt all the way down the hall shit talking each other, hoping to distract the other, long enough to win. It was definitely amusing to hear and when they walked back into the room, seeing how determined they both looked made Colleen burst out laughing. She had never seen Joanie look so focused on Call of Duty before, then again she never played anyone but Colleen and she sucked.

Matt finally slipped up, distracted by the sudden laughter and Joanie took the opportunity to kill Matt's man.

"What now Bodzilla," Joanie smirked. "I just beat yo ass Joanie style."

Everyone in the room including Matt started laughing.

Colleen walked over to Joanie and sat on her lap, taking the controller from her. "Someone teach me not to suck donkey dick at this game," she exclaimed.

Joanie and Sami snickered a bit at Colleen's comment because with games that involved stealth like Call of Duty; Colleen would die within the first minute of playing. She flipped her friends the bird, ready to ask Matt to teach her when the Berry's and Dan came in telling them to start getting ready.

Matt turned put his X-Box on sleep mode and started doing his vocal warm ups. Brian started doing them with him even though he really didn't have to. Zacky and Johnny just sat on one of the couches in the backstage area and continued talking to the girl's.

Sami seemed to get along amazingly with Johnny from what Colleen noticed and Joanie seemed to already be best buds with Zacky. She smiled at both her friends before she got up, claiming she was going to grab a beer.

Colleen really just wanted to let her friends enjoy themselves. She felt like a third wheel so buying a drink seemed to be the perfect excuse. She walked out of the backstage area and bought one of the cheap two dollar beers they had. Colleen chugged it all and sat down, playing with her zippo lighter as she started zoning out.

Matt Berry sat down next to Colleen and nudged her shoulder, causing her to snap out of her stupor. "Why aren't you having fun with your friends?"

Colleen shrugged. "It smelled too much like manly body odor in there." That wasn't a complete lie because the place did smell from other bands that had played there in the past. Matt B rolled his eyes at Colleen and tugged on her arm.

"Come help me set stuff up then."

Colleen looked at Matt B and couldn't help but agree. He knew how to make her social which even Sami and Joanie were still working on mastering that ability. Matt B told Colleen what to do and she helped do sound check and all the stuff Matt and his brother,Jason, usually did.

She was definitely having fun, laughing and flirting a lot with Matt B. It was definitely the most fun she'd had, minus the time she usually spent with Joanie and Sami.

The Berry's and the rest of the road crew definitely enjoyed Colleen's sense of humor and her helpfulness. They managed to get everything set up and ready a few minutes faster than usual which they considered a very good thing. It meant less time rushing to get last minute things done and more time making sure everything was completely ready.

Colleen was relaxing with the road crew and technicians, laughing even more as they told her stories from the road. They had some pretty insane and hilarious stories. Colleen couldn't believe the insanity that happened behind the scenes, like Matt doing a back flip over the drum kit once when he was rushing to finish getting it set up.

Sami and Joanie could hear Colleen's laughter from where they were sitting with Johnny and Zacky. The two girls looked at each other and smirked. Colleen sounded like she was having a genuinely good time and that was long overdue. Their friend had been going through one of her mini-depression spells as Colleen called them. Colleen's work load was getting hectic and all of them hanging out was long overdue.

"She laughs loud," Johnny chuckled.

Sami nodded.

"I could probably hear tha' laugh of hers miles away from 'ere."

“I like her laugh,” Zacky spoke up.

Sami and Joanie smirked at each other. Did Zacky have a crush on their friend? If he did they were sure things were going to get interesting fast.