Status: I'm putting this story on a temporary hiatus

Living’s a Wicked Dream

Hangover

“Truth or dare,” a male’s voice rang in Colleen’s head as she stirred out of her sleep.

The redhead sat up, groaning as she felt the uncommon yet not unfamiliar dull throbbing of a hangover. She climbed out of her bed, stumbling slightly as she tried to make her feet cooperate with the rest of her body, rubbing her hands over her face as she did and beyond grateful she didn’t work today otherwise she’d be useless and utterly miserable. Colleen glanced around her bedroom, trying to see if anything was broken or out of place, utterly shocked and confused when she spotted Zacky and Johnny spooning on the king sized bed right beside where she had just being lying. She quickly and quietly grabbed her cell phone, snapping a photo before she walked into her living room to see if the other guys were still around as well.

Matt and Brian were asleep, their sock covered feet touching the sides of each other’s faces as they lay on her couch. Colleen snapped another photo with her camera phone before she walked into her kitchen, a laugh escaping her lips when she saw Arin asleep on her kitchen floor hugging a box of Lucky Charms. The redhead snapped her last and final photo with her camera before she turned on her coffee pot and grabbed everything else she and the guys may need if they had hangovers too.

The pale redhead kept herself busy, quietly cleaning up the aftermath of the night before, working around everyone’s sleeping bodies as she did and managed to make some breakfast before she heard the first groans from one of the guys waking up, which she assumed meant someone else had a hangover too. Soon the groans grew louder and were followed by the shuffling of footsteps into the kitchen. Colleen didn’t bother to look up, simply handed whoever it was, the bottle of Aleve and a cup of coffee.

“Creamer and sugar are on the counter,” she grumbled.

She looked up to see it was Zacky who was awake, quietly downing the two Aleve with his black coffee. The redhead went back to flipping the bacon she was cooking, placing the finished crispy pieces on a paper towel covered baking tray before she began making more.

“Do you remember any of what happened last night,” Zacky asked.

Zacky had been plastered but being in his early thirties and having a history of partying he somehow managed to remember more and more from his adventures while he drank. The green eyed guitarist was curious to know if the redhead remembered though. The game of truth or dare that Arin suggested had started out innocently enough but had quickly escalated to more brash and crazy dares the longer they drank. Hell, they had even talked Matt into running around Colleen’s neighborhood naked singing Aqua’s song Barbie Girl.

Colleen shook her head. “The last thing I remember is Arin suggesting truth or dare,” she admitted.

Zacky frowned. He should have known she wouldn’t remember. She had even told them last night she wasn’t much of a drinker.

“Do you remember any of last night,” Colleen asked.

Zacky nodded, a smirk forming on his lips as he did. Most of the night was simply dares that involved some sort of nudity or in Colleen’s case, most of her dares involved her impersonating the guys in her underwear; which was something that made all the guy’s laugh and gave Zacky an opportunity to let his eyes wander her body without feeling like a complete and utter pervert.

“You do a really good impersonation of me and Johnny,” Zacky chuckled.

Colleen’s face flushed bright red from embarrassment. Had she really done her impersonations of the guy’s right to their faces? How was she not dead or kicked out of her house and tied to something naked?

“You seriously thought they were funny,” she asked timidly.

Zacky nodded. “You nailed some of my mannerisms down pretty well.”

The redhead smiled, deciding to just be glad she wasn’t dealing with an angry guitarist but a pleasant one especially after the train wreck she probably acted last night. Whiskey was definitely something that the redhead would have to make a note of not drinking in front of people ever again. Colleen opened her mouth to speak, quickly closing it again when Arin began to stir on the floor, groaning about needing coffee. She held her hand out, helping the young drummer up and to his feet before handing him a mug of coffee, pointing him silently in the direction of the creamer and sugar just as Matt and Brian walked into the kitchen.

The same situation of coffee and Aleve continued until everyone was awake and now huddled at her large wood dinner table eating the greasy and artery clogging breakfast Colleen had prepared to help with their hangovers. Johnny seemed to scarf down the most food getting seconds and then thirds before Matt complained about saving some for the rest of them, which resulted in the mohawked bassist to pout with his head rested on the cool wooden surface. Colleen giggled as she watched, glad that everyone seemed to be feeling better including her. Her plans for the day definitely hadn’t included a hangover. Not that anybody who drinks wants to wake up with a massive hangover anyways.

“No offense but don’t you people have women that will wonder where you are,” Colleen questioned when she realized it was already three in the afternoon.

Matt’s eyes widened, cursing under his breath as he grabbed his phone, calling someone as he mumbled a quick goodbye as he left. The rest of the guys did the same except for Zacky who stayed in his seat, gnawing on his piece of toast like it was the most delicious thing he’d ever tasted. The redhead chewed on her lip, wanting to ask Zacky why he wasn’t rushing out of her house like the other guys but decided against it. She simply grabbed up all the dirty plates that had been left on the table and took them into the kitchen where she began washing them, humming A Little Piece of Heaven as she did.