Status: Slow-ish process, because of school, but I'll be sure to do my best!

Acheron

Prolouge

The rain's soft fingers pitter-pattered against my window, disturbing my light slumber. I stirred, barely awake untill the thunder- so close it shook the house- brought me to full consciousness. Blinking, I stumbled out of bed and looked out my large window, hoping to see the lightning that was sure to come. I'd always been fond of lightning, the way it lit up the dark grey, angry clouds if only for a moment.

The lightning did not dissapoint. Its bright rod struck the earth with vengance, leaving an audiable crackle of electricity in the onimous air. Delighted, I sat on my soft, pacifying blue window seat and stared out the window, tempted to open it and let the rain wash in and kiss my cheeks, carress my body. As I watched, lightning displayed its beautiful abstract art, as nature so often does, lighting up the yard to show a man. The brief second I saw him was enough to terrify me- and that's saying something. I do not scare easily.

He had dripping honey-dew hair that curled down to his broad, leather-clad shoulders. The man was tall; over six feet- at least. His black shirt accented his pale gold skin, and loose dark jeans scruffed down to his hy-tops. And lastly, a long, thin scar marred his grey right eye. Then the lightning cracked against the forbodding sky and the strange man was gone.

"Keep calm, Kyria, there was just a creepy man in your front yard watching you. That's no cause for panic." I paused in my pacing. "Who am I kidding?" I scoffed, running out of my room. "Akari! Kari!" I yelled until I made it to my sister's room. I flung the door open, but faltered once I entered. Something wasn't right, something was off. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. But then I realized- it was too quiet. It was never quite quiet in Akari's room, but now, there wasn't even the soft sound of her breath blowing in and out.

"A-Akarina?" I said, hesitant as I approached her bedside, already knowing what I would find, but refusing to believe it without sight as proof. It wasn't true unless I saw it. "Akarina?" I repeated before reluctantly dragging back the bedsheet to reveal a vermillion stain flowering onto my sisters nightgown like a bib.

I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. All I could do was stand there with my mouth gaping in an O of terror. Kari was dead. Then the world started to swirl together bofore it turned black entirely. Vaugly I remember a man leaning over me, concern shining in his hazy grey eyes. "Kyria! Ria, are you okay? Ree, wake up!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, sorry for the short length! And any typos! Please comment!