Status: Slow-ish process, because of school, but I'll be sure to do my best!

Acheron

Chapter Three

Jason was kind of- nice, I guess. Really nice when he wasn't yelling at me. He even let me ruin his nice, blue shirt without complaint. It was something my boyfriend would've done. If he were- well, you all know, so what point would I have in reliving it?

Ash had come back after about two hours, or so, but I was done crying, so I was kind of happy he was back. Especially since I didn't want to be left alone with a boy for very long at all. Not after Jasper.

But I was tired. I mean, I only woke up at three, and the world came tumbling down on top of me. Bang-up day so far! Ugh! Crying is so exhausting. But whatever. I know Ash can read minds, so I have to be careful what I think around him.

Right now, we were all crowded around a small fire, which I made, in a small fit of anger. I really needed to get that under control. And no excuses, either. It didn't matter whether my family was dead or alive, I still need to fix it. And I know how, too.

"So how old are you, Ash? You look twenty-five, or so, but you can't be that young, can you? I mean, if my mom were alive, she'd be at least forty, or somewhere around there. And you said you were friends with her, so you're probably around the same age, right?" When all else fails, change the subject.

"I'm a lot older than I look. Trust me on that one." But he didn't reveal any more than that.

"Okay, then. If you say so." I yawned, and moved to a corner in the cave, where I curled into a tiny ball to make sure I could ignore everyone.

In seconds I was out.

When I awoke, I was no longer in the cave. However, I was with Jason, (and sans Ash. Hmmm.) who was laying down beside me. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes and shook Jason to consciousness. His blue eyes fluttering open, he muttered "Where are we?"

I couldn't help it; I laughed. Honestly, it wasn't all that funny, but I was tired and probably a little bit out of it. Which isn't too much of a shock. "That's a really good question- that's also a question that I don't know how to answer. Sorry!" I laughed. "Let's go find out, yes?"

Jason stood up and offered me his hand. Which I ignored, as I got to my feet on my own. What can I say? I'm pretty stubborn. "Yeah," He said, distracted. "Um, how exactly did we get here again?"

"Another excellent question. Which is another thing I can't answer. Sor-"

"Hey, do you hear that?" Jase interrupted.

"Well, I did hear myself speaking until you interrupted me." I informed him a little savagely.

He shook his head, still super disconcerted. "No - oh, and sorry- but do you hear that in the near-ish distance?"

"What? What do you hear?" I asked, suddenly aware that this may be important.

Jason shook his head again, "I don't know about hear so much as feel. There's water, running water, that way," Jason said, pointing. My sense of direction has never been great, but it was even worse now. We were surrounded by lush forestry, kind of like you would see in the rainforest. Honestly, I couldn't see anything not green in a three-foot radius- other than Jason, who stood out quite well next to all the greenery. "Come on," he said, walking away without my answer.

I followed him through the forest a little ways until I heard it too: the distinctive gurgling of a near by river. I broke into a run, followed closely by Jase, and the foliage soon gave way to a clearing disrupted by a beautiful babbling Brooke. At the side of it, I stopped, breathing difficultly (I was way out of shape) and chest heaving. "Are you okay?" Jase whispered, his breath stirring my hair.

I nodded. "Yeah. I'm just out of shape, and you run fast. Where are we?"

"That really is the question, isn't it, my beautiful Kyria Lalonde." Said a masculine voice behind me.

I whirled around to see who it was and the sight truly terrified me, making me shake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, this time, I mean it! No update until I get exactly one comment! (And I left it at a cliff-hanger, too! Mwahahaha!) Pretty please???