Just the Way You Are

Prologue

“Nicolette!” the sharp voice interrupted the moment, breaking their reverie. Pulling away slowly from him, she stepped out of his arms and turned to the voice belonging to her brother.

“It’s not what you think,” she explained lamely, walking to him quickly, trying to block his path.

“Why him?” Pain, anger flared behind his eyes and Nicolette broke, unable to deal with the feelings she felt for him and the hurt in her brother's eyes.

“I love him,” she gasped between sobs. His eyes grew wide and he stepped around his sister to the other man.

“Son of a bitch! Son of a bitch!” he yelled. “That’s my sister you piece of shit! My sister!”

He held up his hands in surrender. “I know. But I love her too.” He stood, his hands falling to his side, prepared to take a punch from her enraged brother, willing to take the punch and not fight back. As her brother reared back to punch him, he spoke again. “I want to marry your sister.”

He froze. Nicolette froze. “You what?” he asked darkly. He looked over her brother, to Nicolette and smiled shyly.

“I want to marry her. I want her in my life, forever. But I can’t have her unless you say its okay.”

“Motherfucking Flyer!” he swore. He turned to face his sister. She smiled serenely at the other man in the room, wiping her tears away with the back of her hands. “Fuck!” he swore again before stalking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is gonna be a short story, only a 2 or 3 chapters but I hope you enjoy. Comments never required but always appreciated.