Just the Way You Are

THREE

On Wednesday, Alyssa and Nicki filed into the Wells Fargo Center, blending in with the sea of Flyers fans. Nicki had borrowed a Talbot jersey from Zoe for Alyssa and Wayne had given her one of his to wear. They met Zoe at the seats, along with Danny's wife Gwen and Lindsey.

"You must be Nicki! I'm Gwen. You're even prettier than Wayne said," Gwen gushed as the two women sat down. Nicki blushed and Gwen reached over to squeeze her hand. "I hope we get to see more of you. You live in Pittsburgh?"

Nicki nodded. "I moved back a couple months ago. I had been living in Edmonton," she answered.
"Well it's not too far and the drive isn't terrible," Gwen replied.

"No, it's not too bad."

Gwen smiled. "Hi, I'm Gwen," she said to Alyssa. "Sorry; I'm just so excited!"

Alyssa laughed. "I'm Alyssa and I'm excited too. I haven't seen Nic smile this much in forever."
"Lyssa!" Nicolette said, slapping at her friends arm. Alyssa giggled.

"It's true though. You like him. And it's super adorable! You're even wearing a Flyers jersey. I never thought I'd see you in a Flyers jersey. I really want to take a picture and text it to your brother." Nicki shot her a sharp look.

"Let me guess," Lindsey said. "Your brother is a Penguins fan."

"Something like that," Nicki said. "More so, I'm a Penguins fan. I really want to cheer for the Bruins tonight truth be told."

"I'd cheer for Seguin," Zoe said. "He's a hot little baby hockey player. The things I could teach him..."

"Zoe!" Lindsey exclaimed with a shake of her head. Zoe shrugged her shoulders and gave her a 'who me' look. "I'm Lindsey by the way. Its nice to meet you Alyssa."

"Nice to meet you too. You're Claude's wife?" Lindsey nodded.

"Hunkiest captain in the league," she replied with a smile.

"Um, hello! But have you seen the ass on Toews? That's the hunkiest captain in the league," Zoe argued.

"You're both wrong; it's obviously Joe Thornton. That beard earns him all the bonus points," Alyssa said, joining the debate.

"Lecavlier," Gwen swooned. "Hands down winner." They turned to Nicolette.

"Gabe," she answered. "You can't go wrong with a swede." All five giggled as they began to debate the merits of each captain as warmups started.

"They seem to be getting along," Max said, coming to a stop alongside Danny.

"Like there was ever any doubt," Danny replied. He waved to the women and they waved back. Wayne skated up to them and glanced up at them nervously. Nicki smiled at him and he felt his body relax as he smiled back at her. She turned her attention back to others and laughed at something Lindsey said.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Wayne asked.

"With that group, who knows," Max chuckled as he skated off.

At the end of the game, the five women made their way to the family lounge. Gwen and Lindsey broke off to chat with some of the other wives, leaving Nicki and Alyssa with Zoe. Max came in and scooped Zoe into his arms.

"What no good were you ladies up to during warmups?" He asked.

"None of your business," Zoe teased him.

"I can't believe you're wearing that," Max said to Nicki. "I never thought I'd see the day."

"And you won't breathe a word of it to anyone," she warned him. "I mean it Max."

"Oh, I'm telling Flower. Pose cute with Zoe so I can send him a picture."

"No!" She shrieked. She blushed when some of the others glanced at her.

"Behave yourself," Zoe told him."Don't tease her."

"She has to tell him eventually. How long do you think she can keep him in the dark?"

"As long as I want," Nicolette answered confidently. "You and Zoe are here, Lyssa and Paulina are here; I can visit whenever I want and he'll never think twice about it."

Wayne and Scott entered the room and Wayne made a beeline straight for Nicki. "Hey," he said with a smile. He hugged her close. "Hi Alyssa."

"Hey Wayne. Great game."

"Thanks." He looked down at Nicki tucked into his side. "A bunch of the guys are headed to the bar but I thought maybe we could go grab a late bite, just the two of us?"

"I'd like that," Nicki answered softly.

"Good," Wayne answered. "Zoe, can Alyssa go with you and Max?"

"Of course," Zoe answered with a knowing smile.

"Call me tomorrow," Alyssa said to Nicki with a wink. Alyssa and Zoe giggled.

"Shut up both of you," Nicki said.

"Lets get out of here," Wayne said to her. She nodded and Wayne guided her out of the room. He said casual good nights to several of his teammates as he passed.

"You look really handsome in your suit," Nicki said as they pulled out of the players parking lot.

"You look pretty damn good in my jersey," Wayne replied.

"It's really weird wearing it but I sort of love it all the same," Nicki admitted.

"I told you that you were falling in love with me. Loving my team is just the first step to my domination."

"If you say so Simmonds."

"I know so."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and filler, I know.....skipping ahead several months in the next update. :)