Sequel: Released into the Air
Status: Finished

Submerged in Water

Hydrangea

I broke away from Rune and stumbled towards the river where I threw up all that was in my stomach, which was pretty much just acid and water at this point in the morning. I fell into the river, the water drenching the top of my one-piece. I tried to raise myself up but I was scared that if I did, I would just run back into Rune's arms again.

"Emele!" Rune yelled, running over to me and checking me out.

"I'm in heat." I told him.

"What?"

"It's mating season for me or something."

He laughed, shaking his head. "Kamille don't have mating seasons."

"Then why am I so fucking horny!?" I screamed, thrashing out against his attempts to touch me which honestly only made the problem a lot worse.

"I don't know!" He told me. "Just calm down, take deep breaths."

I tried too, but my mind was racing and hazy. My vision was still blurry from whatever was happening. It seemed the only thing my mind wanted to focus on was Rune and it was pissing me off.

"I think you need to go." I told him, taking pretty much all my strength to say. I really wanted to say 'I hope you have a condom' but that might've been a bit too forward.

He let his hold of me go and took a few steps back. My vision went fuzzy and I took his advice to breathe. When I opened my eyes again, I saw him there but he was too far away that I couldn't really make him out. He sounded like he was talking to someone, but I don't know who.

He stayed there, for I don't know how long, while I fought the horny demon inside me. Once, I called out "Rune!" And he rushed over. I couldn't help it. "I want to know..."

"Yeah?"

"Boxers or briefs?"

His mouth opened and he just gave me this expression of complete and utter disbelief. He laid me back down on the sand and took a few steps away from me, like he couldn't believe that I just asked that.

I couldn't believe I said that either.

Time passed and I heard someone with wings land beside me. Robyn came over to check on me. She looked absolutely beautiful with her spread wings and her golden hair. She had this knack for wearing things that made it look like she had just stepped out of an anime. With her thigh high black tights and her short ruffled green skirt, she looked absolutely delicious.

I pulled myself up off the sand as she tried to examine me but but I wasn't having any of it. I grabbed her face with both of my hands and started kissing her.

"Mmm!" She mumbled against my mouth, like she was protesting.

She grabbed my hands and pushed me away quickly. "Hold her down!" She shouted at Rune.

Rune came up from behind me and pressed my hands into the sand. I wanted so badly to fight against it, but I knew it was for the best to keep still and wait it out. If I just retreated back into my mind. The non-frenzy part of me. I could do this. I could make it through.

"It's hydrangea."

"What the hell is that?" Rune asked.

"It isn't normal hydrangea, to begin with. It's a special herb, usually found in asia and in Japan." She took out a book she had brought with her in her backpack and opened it. "It's a special form that's used for fish."

"What?"

"It makes fish mate out of season. In other words, it controls their mating habits and sends them into a horny frenzy."

"Well that explains it."

She snorted. "Doesn't explain the playing for the other team kiss I just got."

Rune laughed.

It was silent for a few seconds and I heard a page flip as she gathered the necessary information. "It will go away usually in a few hours or after she's mated."

"A few hours? That's not bad." Rune seemed happy about this.

"Yeah well, it gets worse. It says here that the frenzy gets progressively worse the longer the recipient is under the effects of it."

"So you're saying she's going to go full fledge horndog on us?"

"Yeah. And from my calculations." I heard a cell phone flip open. "She's only just passed the first hour."

"Oh god. What do you think will happen when she... really wants it?"

"I don't know." She whispered, seeming to contemplate this. "This isn't good, Rune. She could force herself on us. She's stronger than us. I have a feeling that as the frenzy gets worse, she could do anything to get what she wants."

"Well, why don't I just sleep with her?" Rune offered.

I heard a smack.

"Ow!"

"Way to take one for the team, Rune." She spat. "I don't think she wants that."

"Wait wait." Rune began. "You're telling me to not sacrifice myself for the greater good just so we can protect what the non-frenzy Emele truly desires?"

"Well, you make it sound stupid when you say it like that." Robyn argued. "It isn't just that. She truly cares for you and I don't think she wants her first time to be with you during some narcotic-induced frenzy."

"How do you know it'll be her first time?" He asked.

"Just a hunch." An evil voice appeared. "I can check if you want?"

"No thank you!"

"What I want to know is how she got a hold of hydrangea and why she used it."

"Well obviously she didn't use it, Robyn." Rune was back to being the man again. "Someone must've drugged her."

"Hmmm, the herb does look similar to seaweed when wet, she could've mistaken it."

"Well that explains it. What does it say in there about when symptoms start to appear and such?"

She went back to flipping through her book, after a minute she said, "it says in here that symptoms usually appear twelve hours after the initial poisoning, give or take a few hours depending on how much she consumed."

"What was she doing thirteen hours ago?"

"I don't know, probably eating dinner. It was what? Around 6pm at that time?"

"That must be it." Rune agreed. "But who would drug her?"

"That's what I'd love to know."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go guys! Sorry I didn't post yesterday! It's been a big and busy past couple of days for me. I'm sick right now and everything takes a bit more effort then normal for me to do. Just bare with me :)