Sequel: Released into the Air
Status: Finished

Submerged in Water

Ocean

Rune was killing me with his worried stare he was giving me, I had to close my eyes to focus on my breathing, which was still rapid but at least at a steady pace now.

"Well it had to be someone who could get into her house." He spoke.

I spoke up, feeling the need to. "The only people who go in my house are my parents, Aubrey and Scott."

"You know, I've never liked that Scott guy." Rune added.

"This isn't the time for your own personal vendetta." Robyn warned.

"Okay well let's try to think about it."

"Who has motive?"

"What would they gain from making Emele horny?"

Robyn shot Rune a heated look, like she couldn't believe he just said that.

"What?" He asked. "You think it was me?"

"Well you two do have sexual tension so thick that I couldn't even cut it with a butcher knife." She assumed. "Maybe you were trying to speed up the process. You did sacrifice yourself pretty quick for the cause."

Rune snorted. "Any male teenager would. Emele is fucking hot."

"So you admit it?"

"No!" Rune sighed and looked down at me paralysed on the sand. "Look, if I wanted to get into Emele's pants so bad, why would I phone you to help me out in the first place? If I wanted to get the job done, I would've done it alone."

Robyn pursed her lips. "I guess that's true."

"Damn right it's true."

Robyn's face was red with hate. "Well I don't know who else could've done it. There really is no reason for this to happen."

"Well it wasn't just an accident."

"Wait." Robyn stopped. "Maybe it had nothing to do with the effects of the herb but instead what it would mean if the effects took place."

"You mean?"

"Yeah. They wanted to test her to make sure she was Kamille."

"Oh that's sick."

Robyn laughed. "It is a sick way to do it, I mean, couldn't they have picked a less risque herb to use? Maybe one that turned you blue or something and not into a ravaging horny beast?"

"I don't know, but who would think that Emele is Kamille? Who knows?"

"Pretty well everyone at the school."

He hissed. "Shit."

I had to laugh. "You guys seem to have a murder mystery on your hands here."

Rune started to rub his thumb along my arms where he was holding me down. I instinctively opened my eyes and met his. They were staring down at me with a concerned expression.

The heat took over. "Kiss me." I begged.

"Robyn." He broke eye contact and looked at Robyn. "This is getting worse."

"I know, I think we should find some place to take her where there isn't any water so she can't cause us any harm."

Robyn was the one to pick me up and fly me to a different location, which I was thankful for. I could handle her heat and sexuality a lot easier then I could handle Rune's. Rune's seemed to be present everywhere I was, where as, the one for Robyn seemed to be in control as long as I didn't look at her. If I looked at her, she became too good to pass up in my eyes.

We landed in the middle of a forest somewhere. We had to have been flying for ten minutes or so, so I figured we were pretty far out and away from any water. I heard a pair of wings land beside us and I figured it was Rune. I remained in my stone position where I let my body fall as it pleased so that I could disconnect myself from sensory movements and motions.

"Maybe you should go and let her parents know that she's in danger or something. At least let Aubrey know so that she can cover for Emele at school." Robyn suggested. "After all, her frenzy seems to trigger around you more."

"No." He refused. "I'm not leaving you alone with her."

"What? Why not?"

He was silent for a moment, as he paced back and forth on the dirt floor. "What if you were the one to drug her, so that you could bring her out to this weird secluded clearing in the middle of no-water-ville and kill her or something? We didn't exactly get off on the right foot."

Robyn was offended. "You think I would drug and kill her?"

"Maybe."

"If I wanted to drug and hurt her. I would've done a better job than this and I wouldn't send you off, I'd probably kill you because you would be a witness."

Rune started with the sarcasm. "Robyn, Miss Perfect, can commit the perfect crime as well. Tell me, how did you sneak in the hydrangea? You seemed to come over to my location pretty quick and you knew what the herb was right away."

"Oh, I am so not dealing with this." She stomped away from me and towards Rune. "I'll go warn her parents and tell Aubrey. You watch her and please... just try to shake off her attempts at seduction.
Remember, they aren't her real emotions. It's the hydrangea."

"You think I'm that horny that I can't keep myself off her?"

"I don't know, I guess we'll see." Wings flapping and she was off.

Rune walked over to me but I didn't dare open my eyes, but I knew where he was. I knew his exact foot placement. I knew that he wore white socks and that he had these long sexy legs that seemed to be the bane of my existence right now.

"I hate you." I told him through clenched teeth. "Robyn should've stayed."

"Oh, so you like her more now?" He sounded pissed.

I didn't bother to answer, mostly because it seemed like he needed a few minutes to cool off after his argument with Robyn. I focused on my breath and not the fact that Rune was only pacing a few feet away from me.

"Robyn was right."

He was calm again. "About what?"

"It's harder with you around, I can block her out easily."

"I'm sorry."

For a second, I wanted to shut up, but I continued because I thought it might be an important thing to say. "She was wrong about one thing though."

He stopped about a foot away from me. I opened my eyes to look at him and was again struck by how beautiful he look. The sun was just above his head, making it seem like he was wearing a golden halo. The wings were to the sides, like two waves spreading out from the ocean.

"What was she wrong about?" He asked, folding his arms up against his chest.

"The hydrangea doesn't fake emotions. It just heightens them." I breathed in deeply, trying to keep myself from going out of control and scrambling towards Rune in a useless attempt to take him right here.

"How do you know?"

"I just know!" A second passed. "Okay?" I took another peak at Rune and I couldn't take it. I said the words that would win him over. "It's the reason why I'm not as attracted to Robyn as I am to you."

He leaned forward so that his head was only half a foot away from my face. It took a god-like amount of will power to keep my body in check. He peered into my eyes and said, "so you really do want me?"

"Yes..." I sighed. "But Robyn was right, not like this."

I felt him move a piece of hair off my face, his fingers traced my cheekbone, every millisecond his touch was left on my skin it seemed to break my resolve until I fell into it. The deeper I fell, I realized i wasn't falling into the frenzy any more but was instead falling into some sort of a pit where I couldn't be touched by this drug or this effect. The ground was wet from the rainfall and when I fell deeper into it, ice radiated from my body, causing the ground to freeze over. It was snowing around us.

I broke my fever.