Sequel: Released into the Air
Status: Finished

Submerged in Water

Sorted

When I kissed his lips, my skin came alive. I felt like I was on fire. He dropped his hands and wrapped his arms around my back, pressing my bra-padded breasts against his exposed chest. I moaned into his mouth.

My cheeks felt warm and all thoughts of if I were good enough for him left me. All thoughts of whether he was my soul mate were the farthest thing from my mind. In fact, I wondered if he had given me more hydrangea, from the hunger that now resided deep in my throat and tingling through my insides.

I came up for air and whispered in his ear, "I hope you didn't give me hydrangea."

"What you're feeling is just pure Jonathan-induced sex, baby." He purred back.

His hands traveled down to my behind. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he stumbled foward until my back was pressed up against a tree. He pressed his lips again to mine. His tongue came in and it was the most erotic thing I had ever experienced. I loved the way he tasted it. It was salty and sweet and reminded me of the ocean. He hummed everytime my hands brushed over his nipples and I repeated the motion over and over until it was just a constant hum.

More air. "Oh God." There were really no other words.

His laugh was throaty and wickedly sexy. I felt something poking my stomach and looked down to see the major tent in his boxers. The hormones and instinct in me screamed, telling me to reach down and touch it. My hands were already resting on his stomach, only just a few inches...

But I knew that if I touched it that there would literally be no sense left in me to turn back and the last thing I needed was me getting randomly pregnant on some dirt-shed of an island. My thoughts wandered to what would happen if an Ender and Kamille reproduced and suddenly our steamy kissing session had ended as Jonathan noticed my lack of ambition.

"What is it?" He asked me.

"Oh... nothing." I blushed. "I mean, um... I was just thinking of something."

He frowned down at me and my legs unwrapped from around his waist. "What?"

"You're gon'na think it's stupid..."

He rolled his eyes at me. "I doubt that."

"What happens when... our kind reproduce?" I whispered the last word.

"Oh..." Suddenly it all made sense to him. "Oh thank god."

I laughed. "You sound happy!"

"I thought you were having second thoughts or you decided you didn't want me or something..." He let out a sigh of relief.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened in shock. I couldn't believe it. Did Jonathan Hendrix really just confess to that? He sounded so sure when he was kissing me. He had to know how hot he was and yet, he was insecure enough to think that?

"Don't look at me like that." He started to blush. "Every guy thinks it, they just don't have the balls to admit to it."

"Trust me Jonathan. I want you like I want a million bucks." I nodded my head up and down as I said that.

He moved his hands off my butt and moved them back to my waist. "And to answer your question, the procreating one... it isn't as complicated as you would think."

"So do you still need to go through the same... conceiving process?"

His smile was radiant. "Yeah, you still need to get it on."

"And then...?"

"Well nine month pregnancy, just like normal. If it's between a human and a supernatural then the baby will be supernatural. If it's between two supernaturals of different races, like us, then whoever is the strongest of the two the baby will be that race. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a baby between the two of us would result in a Kamille baby, but... it's hard to know because some of your abilities stem from the souls."

I winced, remembering that they were still inside me. "Uhg, don't remind me."

He laughed. "Sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I totally ruined the mood with my dumb brain." I smacked the side of my head lightly. "Doesn't want to shut up sometimes."

He leaned in close and kissed me on the nose. "You're so cute."

I was winded by his confession. I stared up at him for a second, feeling my cheeks completely redden. I felt like a lovesick teenager for once in my life. It was a strange feeling. I stuck between this emotional gray area where all I wanted to do was either rip his clothes off or run and hide in the water somewhere.

His stomach rumbled and he groaned. "Damn."

I looked behind him and the taro roots were on the ground. He must've dropped them during our heavy make out session. He walked over to pick them up with one hand. I helped by picking up a few of them.

We walked back to the beach where we had landed, hand in hand.

"The Oros are going to freak when we get back." I said when I looked at the water that was unfreezing in the hole I made in the sand.

"Probably." He didn't doubt it. "And not just from our sudden new found affection for each other."

I inwardly groaned this time at the whole situation. "What am I going to do!?" I voiced my thoughts.

"About your new father or your cousin that you used to have romantic feelings for?"

"I thought I had feelings for." I corrected him. "I think I was more attracted to him because I felt calm around him. I felt like I could trust him. I still can. I know that now."

"So that's all sorted out now?"

I nodded quickly. "You helped with that."

"I'm glad I could help." He walked over to where the pile of sticks still stood. "Can I just boil it?" He complained to me, pouting his lips.

I giggled. "Yes, of course."

I set up a little boiling station while he stripped the taro root of its stalks and cleaned off the dirt and some of the skin. When I was finished, he turned to me and said "so how long are we staying here?"

"I was thinking we'd go back around Sunday evening sometime."

"That sounds like a plan." He was totally cool with it.

I smiled sweetly at him. "I kind of want some alone time with you."

His eyes glanced up from his work on the root. "Is that so?" His voice was suggestive, with a hint of a smile.

"Mhmm." I hoped my voice sounded like his when he said the same thing. Everytime he said it, he always sounded sexy. That was kind of what I was going for.

"Be careful there, water princess, your swimming in dangerous territory."

Licking my lips, I said, "I'm a good swimmer."