Sequel: Released into the Air
Status: Finished

Submerged in Water

Unreal

Everyone was looking at me. Everyone.

I tried not to think about it as we closed the door to my house for the last time.

The plan was already in motion. Scott would take Aubrey and my parents up the mountain using Lucy. Robyn, Rune, Jonathan and I would try and stop the tsunami. It was a good plan but mostly the plan relied on me not to fail.

I sighed and Jonathan rubbed my shoulders. It seemed to calm me. I took a deep breath and we escaped through the back so nobody knew where we had come from.

I hugged my parents, Aubrey and even Scott before they left. I told them I would see them tonight. I was starting to believe that maybe I wouldn't. This empty feeling came over me as they left. I was nervous and I was starting to think that I couldn't do this.

They took off into the forest on Lucy. I stared at them for about a minute until Robyn finally coughed and I turned around to look at the three of them. We were in the same clearing that I had first seen Rune walking through. It was strange being out here, in this outfit, preparing to save my small town near the ocean. Using the supernatural abilities I had only aquired a month earlier. It seemed unreal and I couldn't believe that only a month earlier this used to be a space I dreaded running across to reach the sanctuary of the river.

"Robyn and I can fly us down there." Rune offered.

Jonathan had his axe with him. Seeing him standing there, axe in hand with the tribal-looking mask on. He looked mysterious and deadly. It was a good combination for him.

Robyn had put on an outfit similar to mine. The only difference is she was wearing a white blouse instead of a bathing suit. The blouse had only one button done up and then she had tied it at the bottom. It showed her stomach but with her bow and quiver slung over her shoulders, she looked like a sluttier, female version of Robin Hood. Her wings came out to the side then, making her seem half-angel, half-elf.

Rune was stunning as always. Shirtless, the wings coming out of the side of him like waves and handsome. His blue-gray eyes were hard but clouded. He was thinking about something but I had no idea what it could be. I clung onto my spear tighter for support.

I got on the back of Robyn's back because Robyn couldn't lift Jonathan off the ground. I watched as Jonathan wrapped his legs around Rune's waist and clung onto his shoulder with one hand. The other hand was reserved for the axe.

With the chaotic mess that was going on with the town, nobody seemed to notice the winged angels carrying the tribal-looking man and the water princess. We flew over them, high above the air. I noticed a five car pile up on a street just outside the beach. It was depressing to look at.

As I had guessed, there were helicopters flying over top. Higher than us. They were hovering over the shore. I noticed commotion going on an highway that was close to the beach. I pointed at it and both Robyn and Rune flew down.

We came out of the sky like lightning. Before we had landed, I had already jumped off her back and was assessing the situation before us. Jonathan jumped off Rune's back and came beside me.

I was running forward, spear in hand.

"Emele!" Jonathan yelled, calling me back.

But I didn't liked what I saw. I didn't like that a man was holding a rifle at a girl with a video camera. Before I engaged, I pulled some water from the ocean that was nearby. I kept it close enough that if he tried to shoot at me that I might've been able to stop it. That is. If I could stop bullets with water.

"Hey!" I shouted at the man.

He turned around, his rifle still in his arms. He looked at me, then dropped his gun. His mouth opened to speak. "What's with the get up?"

I walked confidently over. With my spear in hand, I felt like a princess holding a staff. "I suggest you leave." I told him.

He didn't get the message. He pointed the rifle at me. "She started it." He complained. "All I want to do is die in peace but she's here with the camera in my face."

Jonathan was moving around the man and heading for the girl who seemed surprisingly calm for the situation she seemed to be in. Jonathan grabbed her shoulders and was already walking her away from him slowly.

"You're commiting suicide?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah." His voice was monotone. "What better way than with the tsunami?"

I really didn't have time to be talking someone out of a decision this shocking. Instead, I let the police, who were running over here as I thought, handle it. I ignored him, walking past him and towards the girl.

When I got closer. She seemed to calm down more and even managed to point the camera at me. "What's your name?" She asked me.

"I have no name." I lied.
"Funny." She remarked. "Because I could've sworn it was Emele."

I looked at Jonathan and shot him a fiery look. After all, he had been the one to shout my name to the world in the disguise I was in.

"That's a fake name."

"Uh huh." She didn't seem too convinced. "Who are you?"

I leaned down to check if she was injured. She seemed fine. She looked to be about in her early twenties. She was in a long pencil skirt, a white blouse and high heels. Her hair was blonde and her eyes a pearly gray. "I'm a water princess." I answered simply.

Jonathan snorted but didn't say anything.

I turned around as I heard screaming coming from the man with the gun. The man started firing shots at the policemen trying to contain him but I thought quickly to prevent damage. I chucked my spear straight at the man. My aim sucked, but it didn't matter since I could control the water inside of it.

The spear went through his heart.

The police watched as the men fell to the ground, rifle still in his hand. He fell over, my spear still sticking out of his body. The two policemen were stunned.

"Holy shit." Jonathan breathed.

Still controlling the water inside of the spear. I ripped the spear out and let it fly back over to my hand. I took it back and wiped the blood off of it with the grass that was on the ground. Everyone just stared at me.

"I am going to be rich." The woman whispered.

I turned to look at her. She was so frightened that the camera was shaking uncontrollably. I was suprised she hadn't fainted yet. I know I would have if I was her. She still had the camera trained on me. Recording my every move.

Rune and Robyn ran up to me. "Quick thinking." Rune congratulated me. "Though a bit bloody."

We all looked at the dead body laying on the ground. The policemen seemed to have regained some conscienceness and were coming over towards us now. I didn't have time to deal with them, so I turned back towards the woman for a final goodbye.

"What do you have to say to the world?" The woman asked me. Directly me.

I had nothing to say. I was just happy that the policemen and her were alright. The man wanted to die anyway and he wasn't exactly the happiest person around. I looked into the camera and said, "no comment."

"Let's go." Jonathan called to me.