Sequel: Released into the Air
Status: Finished

Submerged in Water

Dilute

As the water still surrounded us, a wicked grin came on his face.

"How strong are you?" He asked.

"I don't know... I've never really..." I breathed, feeling something push against the barrier of the water shield that was surrounding us. "Are you doing that?"

He nodded quickly and I felt the force push stronger against my shield, breaking holes into it which caused a gust of air to break into the shield and whip me in the face. I took a look at his grin and realized he was simply being playful, so I pushed back.

"Do you want to fight?" I asked.

"No... not really, I just want to see how you compare to me."

"I'm not very strong..."

"No, you're very strong. I'm not trying my hardest, but it doesn't look like it's taking much effort for you to hold up against me and I'm from a rich bloodline." He explained. "Just who are you Emele?"
I giggled. "You tell me. You're the one that has all the answers."

"May I try something?" He asked. "Then, I promise, I'll tell you what I know so far."

I nodded. "Okay, what is it?"

"Hold it out in front of you."

The wind stopped around us and I could control the water better. I held out the water in front of me in a large sphere.

"Make it flatter." He called out, now that he was walking away from me.

I hadn't ever tried to shape it before, but he seemed to be okay with what I did because he was walking to the opposite side of the water shield held up in front of me. "Try and hold up against my attacks, I'm going to start easy, when you think it's getting too strong and you can't hold up any more, let me know, okay?" He shouted.

"Okay." I yelled back from the other side of the water block in front of me.

In a way, I was scared but another part of me, the part that was taking over right now, was absolutely thrilled. When he started the assault on the shield, I held up against it with ease.

I pulled as much water as I could from the river and reinforced my shield even further by attaching it to the ground and to my arms and legs for stability. When the force got even harder, I felt not only my shield get pushed back, but myself as well.

The force wasn't constant any more but was instead coming in short bursts. It felt like a wooden ram was knocking at my wall and that it would break at any moment. A second before I was about to yell out to stop, I didn't feel the thrust again.

I split the water in half and to the side, to get a look at him.

He was aiming an arrow at me.

I screamed but he brought his bow down. "Sorry." He shouted. "I wanted to see if the arrow would chip at it but your defence was pretty solid for someone with no training."

"Thanks." I smiled. "I was about to call uncle any second, it was tough."

I wasn't the one out of breath though, he put his bow back over his shoulder and tried to steady his breathing. I walked over to him to inspect him. "Are you okay?" I asked, worried.

He was looking at the ground, but when he heard me, he looked up at me and laughed. "Okay? That was awesome!" He smiled genuinely at me. "I finally have someone on par with me. My uncle is better than me, but we're more... offensive creatures. Our best defence is our offence."

"Are we... am I... a defensive creature, then? Us... Kamille's?" The word sounded weird coming out of my mouth

He nodded. "Water is strong and you didn't even freeze it." He shook his head, like he couldn't believe it. "You're going to be one mean water princess when you can control it better."

"Wait... freeze it?"

His eyes met mine. "You don't know?"

"Know what?"

"That you can freeze the water?"

I shook my head.

"Wow, you really are a noob."

I smacked him on the arm. "Hey. It's not like I have a water people handbook or brochure here. Everything I know, I've learned well... actually within the last week."

"Within the last week!?"

"Yeah, I never started... you know... controlling water until about a week ago, I think I could always do it, but I was just kind of stuffing it down because I thought it would be confusing to deal with."

"Holy crap."

"Yeah." I agreed. "Now, you promised you would tell me..."

He chuckled. "Yeah, yeah..." He went to sit down on the same large rock that I had laid my white dress on.

I came and sat down beside him. "So does the cold effect you?"

"A little, but not that much. You?"

"It doesn't at all."

"You're made to live at the bottom of the ocean, it gets cold down there."

I thought about it. "Where are you supposed to live?"

He laughed. "Well..." He rolled his eyes. "I guess I forgot to tell you what I am."

"Yeah, you left that tiny detail out." Sarcasm was apparent in my voice.

"I am an Oro."

"An Oro?"

"It means Wind God in my language."

"Wow, Wind God."

"That isn't even the best part." He stood up and began taking off his jacket, along with his shirt until he was bare chested. His bow and quiver dropped to the rocks beside us. "You've never seen an Oro ever in your life before I can assume?"

I shook my head, more interested then ever. "What's with the strip tease?" I asked jokingly.

He chuckled. "Because... we're supposed to live in the air."

Just as he said the last word, white feathered wings exploded from his back that spanned at least a truck's length on each side, maybe larger. I gasped at the sheer beauty.

"Where the hell do you hide those things!?" I told myself to breathe.

He chuckled. "They kind of come from my back, we can keep them invisible, to put it simply anyway."

"Holy... shit." I giggled as a thought cross my mind. "Can I touch them?"

"You can touch anywhere you want." He told me, his voice lower than usual.

I could spot innuendo a mile away. "I might have to take you up on that."

I stood up from the rock and touched his feathered wing both on each side. I wondered if his bones were hollow and light like... like a bird.

"Are you supposed to be half-bird?"

He nodded. "Yes and Kamille are half-fish."

"Ah, that's explains a whole lot." I agreed. "So what do birds eat?"

"Nuts, seeds, grains and insects."

"Ew, insects?"

"Yup, worms and stuff. I love night crawlers, they go great with mustard."

"Wow, now I know how my sister feels when I tell her seaweed is my favourite food."

He laughed. "Seaweed?"

"Yeah, strange isn't it?"

He shook his head. "Nah, not at all. You're surprisingly normal."

I was eye to eye with him now and staring deep into his gray-blue eyes. With the sun illuminating his hair and the wings, in all their glory, on either side of him, he reminded me of an angel. The wind picked up and ruffled his hair. I felt pale in comparison at that moment. I was in some cheap one-piece suit bathing suit, still damp from the river and I just admitted that seaweed was my favourite food. I wasn't anything. He was a Wind God. A God.

"What does Kamille mean? In your language."

He winced. "You had to ruin the moment, didn't you?"

"Sorry."

"It means..." He bit his lip. "Don't get angry, okay? I don't write the language."

I sighed, annoyed. "Rune, just tell me what it means."

"It means Water Demon."
♠ ♠ ♠
There you guys go :) 2 in one day. I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think or if you like it or not!

Aren't Emele and Rune so damn cute!?