Status: Updating when I get new ideas.

Babies.

We'll Go Out Tonight

“’Cause every girl’s crazy ‘bout a sharp dressed baby” I sang to Duke in a silly voice as I snapped the buttons on his onesy. “Oh, you look so cute, baby!” I smiled as I held him on his feet. His onesy was a dark purple color that said Mommy’s Little Baby in blue writing across the chest. Pete was nice enough to let us borrow one of Bronx’s onesies. “Hey, Wynter” I looked up from Duke to see Pete standing in the doorway with Bronx on his hip.

“Hey” I picked up Duke and stood in front of Pete. “Breakfast is ready” I nodded. “Thank you” I said with a smile. Luckily, today was my day off and I wasn’t ready to go back to the house. The police said that my house was safe and the robbers had been caught.

I was just scared that more robbers would come back and try to hurt me and Duke. Plus, I was worried about where we were going to go. I didn’t want to stay another night at Pete’s because I was worried he’d think I was using him or I wanted something more from him. Honestly, I just wanted his friendship. Pete turned around and left the room with Duke and I slowly following him.

We headed down the stairs and into the kitchen. Pete had set up one highchair for Bronx and an extra one for Duke. “You’re so awesome” I told Pete as I sat Duke in one of the highchairs. He smiled at me as he did the same with Bronx. On the table, there were pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, orange and apple juice.

“Did you make all of this?” he nodded as we was cutting up a pancake. “You must’ve gotten up really early to do all of this” he shrugged. As I recall, when I woke up this morning, Pete wasn’t in bed with me. “Why’d you do all of this?” “I know how uncomfortable you are so I wanted to do everything I can to make you as comfortable as possible” I smiled. Pete really was a sweetheart.

“Thank you. You really didn’t have to do all of this” Duke’s coo suddenly made me look at him. He looked extremely jealous that Bronx was eating a golden fluffy pancake. “Sorry baby” I reached for a pancake and started to cut it up for him. By the time breakfast was over, Duke had two pancakes, eggs, a sausage, and apple juice. “He sure is an eater” I giggled.

“Tell me about it” Duke still sat in the highchair while Bronx was playing on the floor. Pete and I still sat at the table eating. “So where are you going tonight?” I shrugged, playing with my eggs. “I don’t know. I don’t want to go home. I’m just worried about Duke’s safety” he gave me a sympathetic look. “I’m sorry. Just stay here” he reached across the table and placed his hand on top of mine.

“That’s really nice of you” I smiled gratefully at him. “But I can’t. I feel like I’m intruding.” “What? No. You’re my friend. I care about your and Duke’s safety. Please stay” his eyes were begging me. “I...” I looked over at Duke. He was looking down at the floor at Bronx. He was screaming to be put down with him.

“Okay” I sighed, blowing my bangs out of my face. His smile was huge. “Thank you, Pete. I really do appreciate it” I reached over and set Duke on the floor with Bronx. “I know. And if you want, you can still sleep in my bed” I started to blush. “A-alright” we both smiled at each other.

“Do you wanna go get some of your guys stuff today?” “Yes. That’d be great” I smiled my thanks at him. “Okay. We’ll go after breakfast” I nodded and put another piece of bacon in my mouth. Soon after, we were done eating and I was helping Pete clean up the kitchen. We finished loading the dishwasher and grabbed our babies. Pete put Bronx in his car seat in his car and I did the same with Duke only in my car.

“Alright. So I’ll follow you to your house and help you with your stuff” I nodded before getting into my car. I backed out and Pete followed me. The whole way there, Pete was teasing me by trying to race me or trying to pass me. He drove a small sports car, so every time he’d try to pass me, I’d move over a little bit and there was no way his tiny car could get by my Fj Cruiser. “Pete’s funny, baby” I said to Duke as I looked at him in the rearview mirror.

He giggled his response. I laughed too and put my eyes back on the road. We arrived at my house shortly after. We both parked on the street, Pete behind me, and got our babies and walked into the house. I slowly opened the door, afraid to see what the inside looked like.

The window was still broken and the TV was gone. The living room was trashed but that was it. They didn’t steal anything else. Pete and I set Bronx and Duke on the floor in Duke’s room so they could play while we packed up Duke’s stuff. I had tons of bags that would hold both of our stuff.

“So you guys are staying with us tonight” I nodded my head as I folded a pair of Duke’s shorts. “What about after that? I mean, you can stay with me as long as you want. But are you ever gonna come back here?” “Probably not” I pushed my bangs back off of my forehead. “I’ll probably put it up for sale. There’s no way I could ever feel safe back here. Let alone feel safe about Duke being here” he looked up at me from the floor with a toy in his mouth. I smiled down at my sweet baby. “What about your family? Do they live around here?” I shook my head no.

“I’m originally from Charleston, West Virginia. My parents are still there and my sister lives in New York” he nodded as he put a shirt in the bag. “So what made you move out here?” I blew some air out of my cheeks. “I moved out here after college to be with my then boyfriend. His idea, not mine” I looked up at him. “I stupidly followed him because I thought I was in love. I didn’t know he was a jackass” I looked down at Duke again. “He looks just like him. I just hope he doesn’t turn out like him.” “Did he hurt you?” I nodded as tears filled my eyes.

“It started a few months before I got pregnant. It stopped while I was pregnant. Then it started again when Duke was about three months old. I took Duke and left while he was at work. He lives in Hollywood. I drove all the way out here. Didn’t stop till I saw a for sale sign on this house” I closed the bag once it was full and set it off to the side. “I’m sorry” I shook my head. “It’s okay. The important thing is, I’m safe, Duke’s safe and I got him out of there before he could hurt Duke.” “I’m sorry for the way I acted” I smiled. “Pete, it’s really okay.” “No, it’s not” he sighed as he went back in Duke’s closet and pulled out some more clothes. He looked up from the piles of clothes and then looked back at me.

“I have an idea” I smiled. “Do tell.” “Let’s go out to dinner tonight” I bit my lip. “I don’t really like taking Duke out to restaurants. He makes a mess and can’t sit still.” “No. I mean just you and I” I was shocked. “I…I don’t have anyone to watch Duke” he smiled. “I do” I already knew who he meant. “No” I shook my head.

He gave me a pleading look. “Come on” I once again shook my head. “I don’t trust new people with Duke. What makes you think I’d trust three complete strangers who don’t have babies with my baby?” he laughed. “I know. I thought the same thing. But these are my friends. They’ve watched Bronx countless times. They’re trustworthy. I promise they’ll take good care of him” he gave me an angelic smile. I was still uneasy about it.

“If it’ll make you feel better, you can meet them” I playfully glared at him. He just smiled. “Whatever. Have them come over. They can help pack, too” I winked while he laughed. He excused himself to the living room to call the three other members of the band. I continued to pack up Duke’s thing and when I was done, I brought Bronx and Duke with me into my room with some toys.

Pete came in and asked me for my address. I rattled it off to him and he repeated it into the phone then hung up. “They’re on their way with lunch” I nodded as I started to pull the clothes out of my closet. Pete did the same with the clothes in my dresser. It was quiet for a few minutes except for the sounds coming from our babies.

“Well, well, well” I heard Pete say. I looked up from my folding to see him holding up one of my thongs. “Pete!” I said loudly. “Give me that!” I reached for him but he pulled away.

“I don’t think so. This is pretty damn sexy. Who do you wear this for?” he smirked, raising his eyebrows. “Pete Wentz, that is none of your business!” he laughed. “Do you have any others like this?” I blushed, remembering the many pairs that I have. “Seriously, Pete” I reached for him again but he back up once more. “So when can I see you in this?” he joked but it still made my face heat up.

“Pete!” I stepped forward, knocking him down onto the bed. He flopped down on his back, while I climbed on top of him. “Give it!” “No!” he held it out of my reach. “You’re really starting to piss me off, Wentz” the sound of our babies laughing could be heard from the end of the bed. “You have to give me something to get it back” I rolled my eyes.

“What could you possibly want from me?” “I know what I’d want from her” a voice said from behind us. We both stopped what we were doing and looked at the door in my room. There stood the three other members of Fall Out Boy. “Hey, guys” Pete sat up, holding me to his chest, while he smiled. “Hey” they all smirked.

“Who’s this?” Joe asked. “I’m Wynter” I stood up and offered him my hand to shake. “Joe. Nice to meet you” I nodded. “You too” Andy and Patrick introduced themselves to me too and we shook hands also. Pete then stood up and threw his arm around my shoulder.

“Pete, what’s that?” Andy asked, pointing to my undergarments in his other hand. He laughed. “Nothing” he opened the drawer in the dresser and put it back where he found it. He smiled at me while I glared at him. “Awww! Pete got some ass!” I rolled my eyes while Pete laughed.

Duke then crawled over to me and put his hands on my legs. “Hi, sweetheart” I bent down and picked him up. “What a cute baby!” Joe gushed. “Thanks” I giggled. Duke shyly smiled at all three of the older men.

“Bronx!” Patrick called, causing the baby to also crawl over to us. Patrick picked up the slightly older baby and held him in his arms. “Where’s the food?” Pete asked. “Out on the table” we all exited my room and made our way to the kitchen. The boys sat on the couch while I got plates, napkins, and drinks.

I handed out the plates and everyone dug in. It amazed me how much these boys could really eat. I fed Duke before I started to eat myself. I shook my head as I noticed all of the pizza sauce on Duke’s outfit. I picked him up from where he was sitting and took him to his room so I could change him.

As I was changing his diaper, Pete and Bronx came in. “Do you need some extra clothes?” I asked, not looking away from Duke. “Yeah. Bronx kinda made a mess” I laughed. “So did Duke. I think I have a onesy that’s seven months in a box in my room” I told him as I put Duke in a white onesy that had monkeys on it and a pair of blue shorts. “There’s my handsome baby” I smiled at him as I sat him up.

He smiled back at me then took off so he could play with his toys. I sat and watch him when Pete came back in with some clothes. “Here” I handed him a diaper and wipes. “Thanks” I nodded as he laid Bronx down on the blanket and took off his pants. He quickly changed his diaper and put him in the large onesy.

We let Bronx and Duke play on the floor with each other for a little bit longer before we picked both of them up and took them back in the living room. “So I don’t mean to be rude” Joe said as we walked back in. “But what the hell happened to your living room?” I laughed. “Someone broke in last night” shock was written on all of their faces. “Ah shit. I’m sorry” I laughed again.

“It’s okay.” “Wow. I feel like an ass” we all laughed. “So what do you think?” Pete asked looking at me. “About what?” I turned to look at him. “Going out tonight.” “I don’t know.” “Please” I looked at Duke and saw him playing with Bronx and the other boys. “Fine. We’ll go out tonight” he cheered while Bronx and Duke made noises of excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know how I feel about this chapter. Anyways, the next one will be the date. I'm trying to take it slow before they actually get together. Thank you for reading! :)