Status: in progress

23 Dates With The Star Athlete

Day Two

Lindsey stands talking to her friends about her date with Anthony. She was pretty sad that Cameron hadn’t picked her up that morning. It was now lunch and she hadn’t seen him all day. She spotted Coach Dominguez and ran over to him.

“Have you seen Cameron?” She asked the large black man that loved to give her a hard time.

Dominguez rolls his eyes and points behind her. Lindsey turns to see Cameron walking toward her with a smile on his face.

“Hey, sorry about last night.” He apologizes as he wraps his arms around my waist for a hug.

“It’s not a big deal.” She tells him.

“Well I want to make it up to you. You get to choose our next date. Just tell me when, where and what and I’m there.” He tells her with a grin on his face.

“Perfect.” Lindsey giggles.

“I love it when you giggle.” Cameron says placing a little kiss on her nose. This makes her giggle again.

Lindsey sees her friends in the distance pointing to their wrists to tell her it was time for class.
“I gotta go to class.” She says pointing to her friends. Once Cameron turns they straighten up and act cool.

“Alright, I’ll find you after school.” He tells her. She nods and reaches up to hug him. He holds her tight for a second before kissing her cheek. They go into their separate buildings.

Lindsey sat in Mr. Bishop’s class watching the clock. She only had one more class left that day and then she was free for the weekend; which means more time with Cameron she had hoped.

“Get out of my class! And have a good weekend.” Mr. Bishop shouts to class. Everyone scurries to get out. Lindsey stands with Jennie, Pa and Keyhanna as they wait for their classes.

“Hey.” Lindsey jumps as she feels someone touch her.

“Oh hey!” She says realizing it was Cameron.

“I wanted to ask you to go to my baseball tournament tomorrow.” He asks.

“Of course I’ll go.” She smiles at him. He leans down and kisses her cheek.

“Good, I need my good luck charm there.” He whispers in her ear before walking away.

Lindsey looks at her friends and her mouth drops.

“I’m his good luck charm!” She squeals and does a little happy dance.

Lindsey sits through her dreaded math class; thinking of Cameron the whole time. This was the longest class ever it seemed like. Lindsey looked up at the clock and saw there was ten minutes left.

End of school

Lindsey spots Ashleigh in the crowd of students outside. She sees her and they begin to walk toward each other.

“Hey, are we still going cosmic bowling tonight?” Ashleigh asks.

“Yeah for sure, do you care if Cameron comes?” Lindsey asks.

“I don’t mind but I bet Dan will.” Lindsey rolls her eyes at Ashleigh’s comment.

“Hey.” Lindsey feels an arm around her shoulder, she turns to see Cameron.

“Hey, do you wanna go cosmic bowling tonight?” She asks him giving him a sweet smile.

“Uhm…” Cameron hesitates.

“Come on! You said you would make up for last night.” She reminded him.

“Alright, but I am really bad at it.” He tells her.

“That okay, you can’t be good at everything.” She giggles and nudges him a little bit.

“Very true.” He laughs.

“Well how about I meet you two there tonight.” Ashleigh tells us. She gives me a look and walks away.

“She’s not gonna show up…” Lindsey tells Cameron. They both shake their heads and walk toward his car.

Cosmic Bowling

Lindsey and Cameron entered into the bowling ally. Ashleigh had called Lindsey a little bit ago saying she couldn’t come. She was making it very clear that she wanted Cameron and Lindsey to be alone.

“This is pretty cool.” Cameron said looking around at all the flashing lights and black lights. Lindsey just smiles at him; finding it hard to breathe because Cameron had yet to let go of her hand since they had gotten out of the car. She still couldn’t believe she got to hang out with Cameron so often.
Lindsey had to catch her breathe once she noticed Dan wave her over to the counter.

“Sup kid.” Dan said. She hated when Dan called her that, especially in front of Cameron. Dan notices Lindsey holding Cameron’s had. “Hey I’m Dan.” Cameron lets go of Lindsey’s hand to shake Dan’s. Lindsey rolled her eyes. This isn’t going to be good.

Dan hovered over the two while they get ready to bowl.

“Can you turn our lane on?” Cameron asks Dan so he will leave them alone.

“Oh yeah, sure.” He says and walks away.

Cameron scoots closer to Lindsey and grins. “Can I kiss you?” He asks.

“What?” Lindsey asked; still shocked at the thought of kissing Cameron.

“I want to kiss you.” He licks his lips and leans down to kiss Lindsey. She is wrapped in Cameron’s arms when he whispers. “I’ve wanted to do that ever since we got here.” Lindsey giggles at him.

“I love it when you do that.” He tells her and gently kisses her lips. Lindsey giggles again; this time on purpose. He catches on and leans in for a kiss but Dan comes over.

“Okay, it’s ready.” He tells them. Lindsey gives him a fake smile as they rise up to start bowling.

Lindsey goes first; knocking down all the pins. She turns to Cameron and smiles in satisfaction.

“Great, I’m gonna get beat by a girl.” He laughs. He throws the ball and it knocks down four pins.

“That’s not too bad for a beginner.” Lindsey reassures him while giggling at the same time. Cameron shakes his head at her and throws his second ball; knocking the remaining pins down.

“Wooo!” Lindsey jumps and laughs as she gives Cameron a high five.

An hour later…

“Well since you won all three games I think I deserve a kiss to heal the embarrassment.” Cameron tells Lindsey as they put their shoes on the counter. She stands on her tippy toes and pecks his soft lips.

“Want anything?” Dan asks breaking up their love fest.

“You know what I want.” Lindsey smiles.

“What about you?” He asks Cameron.

“No thanks.” He declines as he reaches into his pocket for some cash.

“No need for that. It’s on this house for Lindsey.” Dan tells him.

“For Lindsey.” Cameron says smiling at her.

“For me.” She goes along with them.

End of the night…

“I’m sorry about Dan.” Lindsey apologizes to Cameron as they walk to his car.

“It’s okay, I get protective guys, I have a little sister.” He explains.

They get into his car when Illmaculate comes through the speakers.

“I love this song!” Lindsey exclaims as she starts to sing along.

“No way?!”

“Yes!” She says, Cameron turns up the volume.

“What else do you like?”

“Chicken, Italian, Mountain dew, Cheese cake.”

“I mean…” he stops. “Never mind. One day I will take you out to get all of those. Actually…” He looks around. “I can get you…” He turns a corner. “Some of that right now.” Lindsey sees a the store across the street.

“No don’t.” She laughs.

“I want to.” Cameron pulls into the parking lot. “You stay here.” He tell hers and takes off his seat belt and hops out.

Cameron gets back holding a bottle of mountain dew and a small bag. He places the bag in between them and hands her the drink.

“Thanks.” She says with a smile.

“Anything to please you.” Lindsey smiles ‘oh I can think of another way but that involves you being naked’ she thinks to herself.

They arrive at Lindsey’s house; on the doorstep again. Cameron hands her the plastic bag.
“Awe thanks! A plastic bag, it’s what I’ve always wanted.” She giggles.

“Open it.” He urges. She opens it to see chicken strips and a piece of cheese cake.

“Awe! Thanks Cameron.” She tells him. They smile at each other. He leans down and kisses her cheek.

He sees the disappointment in her eyes when he pulls away.

“Can’t kiss the girl in front of her parents…” Cameron says pointing to the window where her mom stood staring. Lindsey groans. “I’ll kiss you tomorrow at my game.” He assures her. With that they part and Lindsey goes inside.