Status: I've never done anything like this.

Douteux

la gravité sommes-nous

I had been dating Everett for two months when he finally convinced me to be his girlfriend. We were laying down on the grass at the park staring at the moon holding hands.

"You know we've been together for two months right?" he twisted so that he was laying on his side staring at me.

"Has if really been two months?" I was playing dumb I knew very well it had been two months.

"Yeah, and you know what's funny?" He gave me one of his smiles that I loved.

"What's so funny?" I rolled on my side so I could look him in the eyes.

"I don't even know what we are," he said it so simply. I was silent I didn't know what to say. I thought silence was the best answer. "Are you my girlfriend?"

I held my breath I didn't want to say anything. I was dreading this conversation. I wasn't ready to be his girlfriend yet.

"You don't wanna be my girlfriend, do you?" I watched as he sat up and looked at me.

"It's complicated."

"How is it complicated?" he asked.

"I'm a horrible girlfriend."

He bit his lip and I knew he was trying to think what to say to me.

"Please try to be my girlfriend."

"I don't want to hurt you," I whispered sitting up.

"You don't have to hurt me." he grabbed my right hand with both of his hands.

"I know but I will," I said slowly as he stood up and pulling me with him.

"Penelope I really really like you, and I want you to be mine," he had a pleading look in his eyes.

"I like you too Everett but you have understand where I'm coming from." He looked me in the eyes and I could tell home much he wanted me to just say yes. "Okay," was all I said.

He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me holding me tightly.

"You won't regret this."
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this on the way to the dentist.