Certifiable

Escape from Yesterday

It's so loud
Inside my head
With words that I
Should've said
- Words by Skylar Grey


“You’ve been a very bad girl, Corinne.” A maniacal voice taunted me. Disoriented, I lifted my head and stared at the dark figure through squinted eyes. Its head was all that was visible as it stared at me from a trap door high off the ground. The dilapidated wooden stairs that led up to it, had been smashed one by one. Light shone brightly behind the figure and casted just enough glow to make it barely visible, its features too dark to be seen.

I looked down at myself. I was dressed in a raggedy, tattered gray night gown. Unidentifiable spots and stains covered every inch of it. Instantly, I became aware of the cold concrete ground I was sitting on. Only a little of the area around me was discernible. The rest was consumed by impenetrable darkness.

“You thought you could just leave, and hide from us? Try to get rid of us? Well here we are and we aren’t going anywhere. Everyone will find out. You can’t hide us for much longer.” The voice boomed. “We want you back. Come back to us!” The dark figure reached out to pull me in, to pull me down.

“No!” I yelled weakly, frantically swatting. “Go away. Please just leave me alone and let me go.” I desperately pleaded. My body thrashed back and forth in attempt to keep it away.
“Never! You belong here.” Was all it said and with that the figure disappeared. The light from the doorway hit me with full force, and created an elongated square of visibility around me on the ground.

Suddenly, something broke the boundary of light and dark. A translucent shadow hand reached out to grab me. I retreated away from it stricken with horror. As I made it to the other side of the square of light, another hand reached out and grabbed my arm. I struggled against its grip but another hand quickly grabbed my other arm. More and more hands emerged out of the vast obscurity and pinned me to the hard ground. My mouth flew open in surprise and overwhelming panic. A deafening scream rattled out of me. The dark figure appeared again, but this time it stood over me.

“You can’t escape us no matter how hard you try. WE ARE YOU.” It laughed evilly. With swift movement, the dark figure unmasked itself. A gaunt, decayed version of my face stared back at me with a nefarious grin.

“No!” I let out another ear splitting screech.

The figure turned to a dense black vapor right in front of me, swirling like a cloud of eminent doom. It forced itself into my airways and caused me to choke. Before I could fully breathe again, the floor began to disappear from beneath me. The hands tightened their grip and slowly dragged me farther and farther down. I struggled against them, and tried to break their hold on me. However, I was not strong enough and they dragged me into the dark abyss.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i have totally reconstructed this whole story!! I think it is going to be a lot more interesting now!! I hope you like it because there are a lot of twist and turns, Especially with the main Character. Please Subscribe, Recommend and Comment to tell me how you feel about it! I would love the feed back because this is the first story I've ever written. ENJOY :)