Status: I'm new here so I have no idea if I'll have any readers or not. Mibba told me that this section is my message for my readers. Hm. I just want to let you all know that I am big fan of bacon.

Stuck Between Two Walls

Chapter 5

"Leslie."

I just brushed my teeth and is now on my way to the guestroom when Damian suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Damian." I said, my eyes almost widening at his appearance.

He is wearing a pair of wild Spongebob pyjamas. His hair is messed up and he looked really sleepy. My heart did a somersault at his overloading cuteness.

He's nineteen years old. A college student. And he's wearing pyjamas. Spongebob pyjamas. See why I like this guy?

"Can I talk to you?" he said in a whisper, sounding very ready to sleep.

"Um, sure." I said, nervousness creeping into my voice. What could he possibly want to talk about at this hour?

"It's about girls." He admitted, his cheeks tinted red.

Girls. Why is this demigod needs to talk about girls?

"Um, okay."

"What do they prefer? Flowers or chocolates?" he asked, biting his lip.

God, don't do that. My heart is melting.

What the heck is happening to me? Leslie, snap out of it. You're turning into some kind of weirdo lately.

And what the heck is up with his question? "Um, flowers, I think."

"Really?"

"Well, some girls are very conscious about their figure so I think they prefer flowers. Flowers are sweet." I said in a rush. I have no idea what I'm saying.

His whole face lit up. "Flowers. Thanks, Les."

"Don't mention it." I said in a small voice.

"Well, I gotta go now. I have to be very early tomorrow." He told me as he walked toward me and proceeded to ruffling my hair. And then he tumbled like a drunk person on his way to his room muttering about flowers.

I smiled and blushed and resist the urge to squeal and pretty much shook my head all at the same time. He's really sweet. His sweetness is affecting my feelings

Les.

He just called me that like that's his special name for me. He's so cute and sweet and cute and- Oh, Damian. What the heck do you do to me?

Then one thought decided to ruin the moment.

'That Melissa is one lucky girl.'

Leslie. Just snap out of it.

---

"Hey, Les."

I almost jumped when I heard a voice behind me. And of all voices, it had to be that voice.

He did not just call me that! Les is the name Damian is only allowed to call me. Nobody else! Closing my locker with much more force than usual and facing him, I greeted him with a glare. "What?"

His appearance once again made me imagine which planet he is from. He is wearing black pants and his shirt appeared to be once plain white then some lunatic - ehem, Ethan - decided to splash black paint all over it. Under the collar of that shirt, he's wearing some kind of necktie. His shoes were polished black and his earrings were very visible as the light shine upon it. His lips showed no trace of rings. Hm. Maybe the principal asked him to remove them, who cares?

He shook his head, smiling teasingly at me. "Not very fond of me, huh?"

"Well, I'm not very fond of anyone, really."

He nodded in understanding. "That's why you're always alone, right?"

"Always? You've been here for two days. Just two freaking days. Isn't it a little bit too early to jump into that conclusion?" I asked him, rolling my eyes.

"Well, you don't have any company when you went home yesterday." He told me absentmindedly and his eyes widened when he realized what he just said.

My eyes are a mirror of his. "Did you follow me home yesterday?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said firmly. Alright, too firmly and in a rush. His face became a sudden shade of pink when he did so.

His silly attempt of denying made my jaw dropped. "Why?!"

He sighed. "Okay. That black car was mine. Yipee! Are you happy now?"

"I thought some creepy guy was stalking me and-Wait. You were stalking me?!" I asked him, my chest feels like exploding. What the heck? He just admitted that he followed me home. What? Why won't he leave me alone?

"Well, maybe." He shrugged, beaming.

My frown deepened. "Why are you doing this?"

Now it was his turn to frown. I don't recommend making him frown. His whole appearance is already weird and to add a frown to it, it's just... I just don't recommend it. "Isn't it a little bit obvious right now? I just want you to be my friend. Is that wrong?"

All the anger I'm feeling suddenly vaporized. He's offering what? He just want to be my friend? This dark guy actually wants to be my friend? "What?"

"You heard me. And why do you keep pushing me away, anyway? Is it because of the way I dress? Do I look too weird to be your friend? Am I too intimidating for you?" He asked me, crossing his arms across his chest. He looked very ready to explode and that scared me.

Feeling the blood raising to my cheeks, I managed to reply, "I don't think I'm a good friend. As you can see, I have none so I don't think-"

"Oh, please." He rolled his eyes. "Just be my friend."

"Why me? There are guys like you lying around in the corners of this school!"

The anger seemed to disappear because his face lit up and he chuckled, "You mean the emo or goth kids or whatever else they're called?"

I nodded. They have the same taste when it comes to fashion and maybe he belongs to them. I mean, they looked like they would get along well.

"Heck no. I'm neither any of them. I'm an individual." He said, looking amused.

"Well, you look like them."

"If you put on a pair of glasses and braces and carry an encyclopaedia and someone called you a nerd, would you say that you are?"

"Um, no."

"There you go." He said, smiling.

"I'm late for English. Bye." I said, turning away and running to my first class.