A World Corrupt

Chapter 9

Willow P.O.V
“Your list said to clean my rooms bathroom, has it been touched? No!” It’s late and Lucas has decided to be angry about something, he won’t really touch me and it’s probably because of the tantrum I threw. Sitting on his bed I watch him pace angrily “Oh please, don’t blow a gasket.” I snicker. He stops pacing and slowly turns to face me, my breathing is slow but, I’m growing excited. “You really need to learn your place, human.” His voice is ice cold and I know he growing angrier by the second, I take deep breathes to calm my heart. “I wouldn’t even if I was human, monster” I chuckle lightly; it got a reaction I wanted. His eyes flash and he stalks toward me, sitting in my spot he leans over me. I bend back so were staring in each other’s eyes, he was handsome in human form but, I knew it was only cover up. He was a hideous monster, “I’m getting tired of you back talking” he growls in my face, “I’m getting tired of your face.” I whisper, trying to hold a giggle down. Grabbing my wrist he starts pulling me out into the hallway “What are you doing?!” I screech. He pulls me until we reach the front door. Shoving me onto the long porch that wraps around the whole mansion, I screech as I fall onto the wooden planks “What are you doing?” Lucas stomps out and sits on a bench swing, I hadn’t notice before. “Alright you got me, why are we here?” I was confused and curious. “I like it outside when people get me angry.” He mumbles, staring at the dark sky. “Why am I here?” I say impatiently, “If you don’t ask nice then you’ll never know.” We sit there for a good ten minutes while I debate if it’s good enough to risk being polite “Please, tell me why I’m here” I pause for a minute “Sir” I growl his name. I’m still sitting on the hard wooden planks on the ground “I want you to tell me about yourself?” I know he's asking it as a question “Come sit” he commands while patting the spot beside him.
I do as he says only because the boards hurt, putting as much distance as I can between us I lean back and look at the stars with him. “That day, what vision did you see?” I knew the day he was talking about, sighing I close my eyes and let the memory come back. “I use to be a slave married to my master, I thought I loved him. He would beat me severely and then come back and apologize, says he loves me.” Tears threaten to fall, and I wrap my arms around my knees. “I had a daughter, her name was Sapphire. My master would use her against me and I always complied with what he wanted after that. I lived like that for four years, I can’t remember what but, something set me off.”
I take in a shaky breath; tears were now flowing down freely. “He locked me up but, I escaped and couldn’t find my daughter anywhere. I was possessed and next thing I knew my Master was dead at my feet, and many of his guards. He told me, he had killed my daughter.” A sob rips its way through my body; I feel arms curl around me. Leaning in something snaps in me, “Get off!” I push against Lucas. Darting up, I glare at him “You are the reason she dead! All of you are monsters!” I was ranting; my furry made me blind, I couldn’t see anything but, red. Strong arms grab me from behind and we both sink to the floor “Let go!” I scream, “I did not kill your daughter, you need to let it go.” I start shaking, and I feel a power start to course through me. “Let it go? Let it go! You want me to let my daughter go!” I start trying to wiggle away but, something holding me down.
My eyes fly open and I see Lucas is laying on me and a man not too far off is staring intently at me. “Get off!” I snarl, Lucas holds his head off me and studies me like I’m something unique and he wants to dissect me. “Katrina needs to hurry up." He seems to mumble himself "Stop Struggling! You’re not getting up until you calm down.” Lucas snaps at me, what’s Katrina have to do with all of this? I continue to trying and wiggle away from him.
We lay there until; my body goes limp from exhaustion. Lucas picks me up bridal style “Put me down, I don’t like monsters.” I growl into his chest “I’d like to get to my room today.” He answers, laying me on his bed. I scramble under the covers and cover my head with a pillow. Sleep takes me quickly.
Lucas P.O.V
I wanted to hold her when she started crying but, she snapped and I had to have a guard use a compelling power to hold her down. I felt anger towards the man that made her so angry. She didn’t mind pain because she was beaten all the time. The last guy had made her horrible and now I had to deal with her moods, not to mention she might throw another tantrum. Where is Katrina? I would like information soon. Staring down at my bed, I watch willow chest rise and fall. I liked it when she slept, she didn’t listen to the list and I couldn’t leave for long or she’d get into trouble. Sinking onto my side of the bed, I stare at the ceiling thinking of what I need to do, there was more to her story, but it would wait for another day. Sighing I roll to my side and play with a piece of her hair, she was beautiful and frustrating. If she were my kind she’d fit right in, she was however a weak human, that might be possessed. Closing my eyes with the piece of hair still tucked in my hand, I let my eyes drift into a sleep.

Willow P.O.V
Escape has been on my mind all day, the children notice something off about me and I think Lucas does too. I needed to find a way to escape with the children. “Jacob.” I call once I walk into the children’s room “Yeah?” he says striding up to me, pulling him to the side “Start thinking of an escape route, I’m going to try and get us out of here.” I whisper in his ear, he was the leader of the group, he wanted out of here as much as I did. He gives a slight nod and turns around walking away, I straighten myself and see Lucas watching me. Putting a fake smile on my face I turn around and walk to the kitchen to do dishes.

“Jacque what’s for lunch?” I ask as I shove the kitchen doors open, Jacque won’t talk to me. After I lied he refuses to talk, most everyone doesn’t want to talk to me. Shrugging I start doing the dishes and hum to myself. I needed to know the things he did ahead of time, how would I do that? “Jacque does Lucas have a list of what he does?” I ask. Jacque’s back is turned toward me, I can see him stirring something and ignoring me. “What was I supposed to do? Just let them starve?” I say a bit angrily. Jacque turns to me sharply “No. But you lied” he snaps, wow! I’ve never seen Jacque get do mad. Then again everybody here probably had a temper. “Would you have made them food then? No you wouldn’t.” I snap. I watch him he sighs and runs his hands through his hair. “I know. I just hate being lied to.” I shake my head and mumble “I’m sorry” he ignores it, turning back to whatever he cooking. “Top drawer to the left by the refrigerator. There's a small red book. It’s his planner; I do not want to know what you need it for, so get it and go.” I contain a squeal and open the drawer to find a small red leather book; snatching it up I tuck it away into my shirt and hurry towards the bathroom.