A Hidden Secret

Chapter 2

“Evania wake up” I hear a woman’s sweet voice; first I think it might be my mother “Five more minutes” I burrow myself deep beneath my blanket. I hear a sigh and then, the covers are ripped off, exposing me to the cold morning air “What the-” my eyes scan the room. Now I remember what happen, I was kidnapped. “Who are you?” I ask, the chain rattling slightly when I move my foot, “My name is Arianna, Master wanted me to get you for breakfast” she starts to unlock my chain “Who Master?” morning was the time I wasn’t at my brightest “Master Hayden” my mind turn’s “Oh” now I remember he was the guy that kidnapped me. The chain was off, instead of darting, I followed Arianna into the bathroom. It was a big bathroom, Walk in shower, Hugh bath tub, and big counter and Hugh mirror. My dream bathroom! I don’t let the excitement of how a bathroom looks, show. “Put this on” Arianna hand me a Dark green dress, “Don’t you have jeans and a T-shirt?” I ask. I really hated dresses and skirts. “No” she shuts the door, leaving me alone.

I take a shower and then get dressed, going out to the room I see Arianna still waiting for me. Without a word she leads me down multiple hallways, until we come to a Hugh dining room. It had a giant chandelier looming over a glass table, which I have only ever seen in the movies. “Good Morning Evania” How does he know my name “How-” I start to ask “I have friends, that pulled your file for me” I made a mental note, kick whoever his friends were butts. We both take a seat him at the end and I beside him “Why am I here?” I ask my question again “I told you.” He was really stubborn on this topic for some reason “Are you a vampire?” I surprised myself, I already knew the answer. “Yes” I really hated how he didn’t put any detail into any of his answers “How old are you?” I just watched twilight two weeks ago, I was curious “Four thousand give or take a century” Holy crap! “Are there a lot of vampires?” he shakes his head “Only a dozen or so” Well that’s good at least now I know half the country isn’t overrun by vampires. “Why am I here?” he seemed to answer all my other questions so I wanted to see if I could sneak this one in “Already told you” I sigh in frustration.
We were served I didn’t know what it’s called, but it looked disgusting “Don’t you have cereal or something, I don’t know. Normal” I say poking the green blob with my fork. It was green and had something drizzled over it and leaves on the plate “What you don’t like it?” he asks “Uh- No” how could I, it looked like vomit on a plate “That dish in a restaurant cost a hundred dollars “Must be why it looks so- Disgusting” I’m not joking every time I see food that’s really expensive it looks gross. “We don’t have cereal” looking up towards him, I saw a slight smile on his perfectly pink lips and amusement in his eyes “Oatmeal, eggs, bacon, toast? Anything normal” chuckling he tells the waitress, technically I think it’s a slave “Fix the young lady some eggs and toast” the slave nods and rushes through a pair of doors. I’ll assume it’s the kitchen “Do you have slaves?” I blurt the question out, when we're alone “I don’t use the term slaves more like, maids” rolling my eyes “They call you Master, some look scared to death and others seem to hate you” his eyes go cold and I knew I said the wrong thing. I just didn’t see how my comment could make him mad.
I sat there silent while he continued to eat his food, when I was served I ate slowly. It was really good but, reality was beginning to hit. I was with a vampire, I was kidnapped, and I didn’t know how to get home. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t cry, the tears I wished for were stuck or something. “When am I going home?” I whisper still deep in thought “Never” my fears had come true, looking up I ask softly “Why not?” I was 20 I couldn’t live forever here; I was in college and what about my family and friends? My thoughts race “Because” is all I get as a reply, shoving myself back I stand and start to walk away “Where are you going?” I hear Haydens demanding voice. My tears didn’t come but, inside I was a wreck “To my room” the words were bitter. I had just accepted the fact I would never be leaving and that it was MY room. He didn’t stop me, nobody did. Lying in my bed I stare at the ceiling, like a movie in my head I watched my memories with my family.