A Hidden Secret

Chapter 3

“Miss” Turning from a big bay window, I had founded it when I was wondering around “Yes?” I ask softly, I couldn’t find it in myself to be cruel to the slaves. Hayden was probably cruel enough “We must prepare you for dinner” she says trying to lead me to my room, I let her “What’s your name?” the woman looks over at me sadly “I don’t know, I’m always called you.” Nodding I say “can I call you Sarah?” The woman nods “Call me what you wish.” I stop for a minute “No really, I want you to have your own name. That is something nobody can take away from you” I was holding her hand tightly, I see tears in her eyes but she quickly returns to her normal posture “I always loved the name Lily when I was younger.” Smiling I let go of her hand and enter my room when we reach it “Lily Thank-You” I sat at the edge of my bed “Nothing to thank me for, now we must prepare you.” She says searching through the dresses in my closet “I don’t think that’s necessary.” I was not sitting in that room with that man again. “What do you mean miss?” Crossing my legs on my bed “Can you tell Hayden I will not be joining him, I’m tired and do not wish to be near him.” Crossing my arm just so she knows I won’t move, Lily’s face pales “He will not be pleased, he will surely hurt me for even bringing the message” she whispering “Tell him if he harms you in anyway, I will never speak to him again.” It was a lame threat but, it all I came up with. Lily paled even further “Oh dear.” She leaves the room; as soon as she is gone I lock the door. Five minutes go by when I hear a furious yelling and banging on my door “Get out here!” Hayden was yelling at me through the door “I don’t like you!” I yell back “I don’t care” I hear a loud crashing sound, jumping I look behind me. He broke the door, looking up I see a red faced angry Hayden “You broke the door!” I screeched when he came stomping over to me “Your lucky I don’t break you!” he throws me over his shoulder “There will be no needing to get her ready” he directs toward lily, who face was still white “Put me down!” I scream, wiggling trying to kick him, he only tightens his grip.
When we reach the dining room, he dumps me in my seat “You will stay and eat” he growls before sitting in his seat. My face was red and fury built inside me “Who are you to tell me what to do?!” I was still yelling. Shoving my chair back I stand. “Sit down” Hayden glares at me and I glare back “No” I didn’t know why he made me so furious but, he did. “You come here, give Evania her seat!” he yells at Lily, she rushes over “She has a name!” I scream, he looks surprised for a minute “Well what is it?” stomping my foot “Lily don’t do a thing he says” I tell her, she freezes trying to decide “Her name is Lily! If you weren’t so mean and cruel maybe you’d find a thing or two about them.” My voice had lowered “Give her, her seat” Hayden ignores me; staring at Lily she complies and pushes me in. “Do not raise your voice again” is tone was lethal “Don’t be so mean.” I try and use the same tone; it’s just a tad softer. At that moment we are served, I tell them all “Thank-you” they all nod with a smile on their faces. Hayden is staring at me in bewilderment “What?” I snap he turns to his own plate. I poke at my food again “I thought vampires couldn’t eat real food?” I had just dawned on me “We can and it taste just fine, blood makes us stronger though.” I drop my fork “You kill people?” my voice is a squeak; I had forgotten that is what they do “Well yes. But, I try not to do it a lot” I’m frozen, my heart speeds up. Oh God he saving me and fattening me up, so he can kill me! He must have seen my horrified look “I’m not going to kill you!” he says looking serious “Why didn’t I figure it out sooner, I’m going to die, those poor souls that you stole.” My head was in my hands “I’m not going to kill you” he says more urgently “Well what other reason could you bring me here for?” I don’t bother to look up, he doesn’t reply “That’s what we thought” I pick my fork up and slowly start to eat “I have no intention to kill you” He seems so sincere but, I knew he was lying.
“You’re dismissed” My sorrow vanished completely “You. Do. Not. Tell. Me. What. To. Do.” I say each word slowly, getting up I walk out, heading for her room. Where I was greeted by Lily and Arianna, “Oh! Everybody loves you!” Arianna squeals giving me a hug, I hug her back “What do you mean?” Lily starts to look all bubbly and happy “Oh miss, you’re so kind. We’ve never met someone so kind.” Lily says softly “You the only one to stand up to Master.” Arianna look like she’ll burst “We’re all so amazed he hasn’t killed you.” My face falls “Oh dear, he won’t kill you. There's no need for worries” Lily says reassuring, shooting daggers at Arianna. “Of course he won’t he needs you.” Looking up sharply “Needs me for what?” they look guilty “We shouldn’t even be talking about this, good night misses.” They both hurry down the long hallway, what does he need me for? Deciding to ignore it for now, I walk on my door which was still not fixed. Taking a quick shower and then lay down in my bed. My body was exhausted from having to fight him all day and sleep came swiftly.