Amongst You

Chapter 2

My eye’s flutter open to a white tree roof, *This is strange* my mind races, I’m so confused and don’t understand anything he had said earlier “Demetry she awake” the other boy who is a werewolf yells, sitting up, I see petals have begun to die and drift of my dress “Do you have any flowers?” I ask, the boy just looks at me weirdly, then noticing my dress “Carly the girls dress is shrinking can you get her something” a mumbled voice says something but, my sensitive ears can’t hear what it was. I carefully stand, stumbling a little bit I gain my balance and take baby steps careful not to fall over “What are you doing” looking up from my feet, Demetry stand in the hole of the tree “I’m trying to walk” my eyes focused on my feet again “How old are you?” he ask “I don’t know what you mean” I say, everything he said seemed to confuse me. “How long were you alive” I look up “Today I was created” I say like he should know that, he rolls his eyes “yeah created- So you want me to believe you’re a baby” my eyebrows furrow in confusion once again. “A baby? No I’m a human” he sees my confusion and starts to realize, I am what I say I am.
“Okay so you’re a girl created by the- creator” he pauses, it sound ridiculous “You have the body of a woman but a mind of a baby” he finishes nothing seemed to make sense “Okay” he says, running his fingers through his dark hair “Here you are” the female named Carly says coming into the room, she hands me a red dress. “I figured you’d want a dress” she says giving my dress a weird look and then turning and leaving. “I’ll give you a minute” Demetry turns and leaves, sealing the hole in the room. Slipping out of my flowers, I put on the red dress. It was flowy and short.
Slowly I walk to were the hole was closed and grasp a knob like thing, pulling it does not open. I mess around with the knob until; I turn it “Oh” I say as it pops open. Slowly I peer out the door, seeing Demetry leaning on the wall of the tree “You have a nice tree” I say, walking out into his view. “What?” he asked “This, your tree” I gesture with my hand “It’s a house” shaking my head I answer “Oh-“slowly I add “What’s a house?” shaking his head back and forth “This is a house, it’s where people live” not exactly sure what he means I answer “Okay” we reach a room with as he explained a sofa, TV, and a werewolf and vampire.
Sitting down on a small sofa in front of them, they all stare at me “So your human?” the vampire Carly ask “Mhmm” I nod, the werewolf Aro adds “and you don’t know anything?” shrugging I answer “I know what is needed to be known” they all nod with questioning faces. “What is this?” my toes on the ground feel something that is soft and tickles my feet, I giggle. “Its carpet” Demetry answers, while I’m absorbed in the carpet, the three discuss about me.
“What are we going to do about her?” Carly ask from within the kitchen “I don’t know” Demetry sighs “Well we could turn her into authorities” Aro says “That will not happen” Demetry says his voice had an edge to it, he liked her she was different. “Don’t go getting lovey for the human” Aro says noting his voice “I’m not, there’s only one human and the authorities will see her as a threat.”
Looking up from my sofa they all come back into the room “Okay here the deal, you’re going to learn all we can teach you in three weeks. Then you’re going to leave.” Aro is the only to speak “Leave” I know what that word means and my heart drops. If everything was confusing now, what would not here be like “I can’t leave” I squeak. They don’t answer instead Carly gets paper and pencils. The two boys disappear.