Amongst You

Chapter 3

Two week later, of constantly learning numbers, letters, and them forcing me to watch awful TV shows. “No” I say, as Aro tries to pry my hands from my eyes “Stop being so stubborn” Closing my eyes tight, I try to drown out as the animal squeals form terror, under the wolf’s claws and teeth. I let out a whimper as the elk lets out one more strangled cry before; the wolves killed the magnificence beast. Aro had gone silent not touching me “I don’t know why you can’t just watch” he says tired most likely. “It’s wrong, I-I don’t like it” my voice is soft and low.
“What happen?” demetry and Carly barge in “She didn’t like the survival or wild life show” he muttered, still on the couch beside me. Demetry stared at how close he was before he answered “She doesn’t have to watch them” grabbing my hand, he helps me up. “Okay so when she’s walking down the street of a bunch of vampires that never smelled human blood and they come at her like wolves, she won’t know anything” Aro says irritated at demetry “Well all those show her is how to die!” demetry had raised his voice. He seemed to do that “Do not get irritated with me, I’m trying to help” Demetry straitens “I think your done trying to help, don’t do it again” His voice is like cream and hepatizing, Aro looked dazed and was in the middle of a nod. Stopping his faces returns to normal with the angriest face I’ve ever seen. “You went into my head” he shouted “You know the rules!” My body trembled, form the violence I could feel radiating off their body. Carly stepped in at that moment “Demetry, Aro!” she pushed the back, and she was strong. They both stumbled back “Demetry you know the rules!” she growls “Aro no more shows.”
The tension, squeezed at my throat. Running I fled to outside, the cold air calmed my nerve –Creator- my mind cried out, I haven’t heard him since I arrived. Emptiness is what I heard; he had gone and abandons me. Sinking to the soft grass, my tears fall hard soaking my dress.
Strong arms wrap around me, I know it was demetry “No one will hurt you” he whispers in my ear. Shivering I lean into him, his body is warm “What did you do to Aro” I ask innocently, he never said no to my questions. “I did a little persuading” looking up at him “How?” he stared into my dark green, his eyes were a dark chocolate brown. “Well, I can invade dreams, persuade people to do and say things, and I can also make them see whatever I wish them to see” My eyes got large “Anywhere?” he seemed to understand “Where’s the place you want to go?” he whispers into my ear. Closing my eyes, I listen to the wind rustling “I want to go home” I whisper so low I’m not sure if he heard, I suddenly feel the sun as if its next to me. Opening my eye’s I’m still in demetry arms, but where at a beach. I had learned about beaches on watching TV’s, the waves slowly rocked back and forth, the scene was breath taking. “This isn’t my home” It was beautiful but, it wasn’t home. “So where is your home” I stopped my thoughts of home, realizing I didn’t know. How could I go home if, I didn’t know where home was?
The beach vanished and suddenly we were back in the yard, slowly getting to my feet I walk inside seeing Aro and Carly sitting on the couch. “I’m sorry Evelynn for causing you distress” I was about to ask what distress was when, Aro saw my confusion “Distress means suffering and pain” Nodding “I forgive you” I say. His eyes glowed and we stare at each other for a minute until, Demetry’s arm around my waist, pulls me aside to face Carly. Breaking my eye’s from Aro I look at both of them and then up at demetry “I have a decision” demetry announces “I’m going with Evelynn, there is no way she’ll survive alone” I wasn’t offended a bit, I didn’t want to go alone. “We made a decision too” Carly said glancing at me, “We want to go too” demetry was about to argue when, she raised her hand silencing him “Were all going, we all are her friends. Plus, we haven’t gotten out of this house and roomed the cities for a while” Carly giggles, which made me smile. For once tension left the house and was buzzing with activity “When are we leaving” Aro ask Carly seeing as she was the one in charge. “Tomorrow, I figured we can school her while we go” I scrunch my nose up at the thought of more school. “You’ll be fine” Demetry smile’s down at me “Okay so start packing” Carly darts off “Packing?” I didn’t like that I knew a lot of stuff but simple stuff I couldn’t get my mind around. “Yep packing, I’ll show you” that was it; he pulled me along until bags were packed and we were all going to sleep.
I lay in my bed alone, trying to sleep. Finally getting up, I walk silently down the hall until I came to Demetry’s room, opening the door it creaks slightly but, he just rolls over. Climbing in next to him, I snuggle close. He was warm and I felt safe, my eyes closed and I finally fell asleep.