Amongst You

Chapter 4

Demetry P.O.V
My arms wrap around her, she is so soft and small. I don’t know where she came from but, I felt protective of her, she was different. Squeezing her body to mine, I could easily cover her whole body; she was innocent more than the creatures dwelling on earth. I close my eyes ready to drift into her dreams, like I do almost every night.

Evelynn P.O.V
“Hello” the voice says behind me, I know its Demetry. We see each other in my dreams almost every night “HI” I answer, my feet hanging in the water. We were in the forest where a stream ran by, Demetry kicks off his shoes and sits next to me dipping his feet in. “Where are we going?” I ask, I knew we were leaving but, where to. “Everywhere, we're going to take you to see the world” Smiling I look over, “I want to go to Alaska.” I had watched an animal show about Alaska and it was beautiful “I’ll take you where ever you want” he says wrapping his arms around me and whispering into my hair. I leaned against him, thinking of all the places I want to go.
Sighing I think of the Creator and wonder why I was sent here, my memory of what I was before was fading quickly. I saw a blonde headed girl, sitting on the swing and laugh beside a brown headed boy. My heart lurches for the boy, I don’t know why but I loved him. Looking back toward Demetry I can feel the love for him too. I don’t understand my feelings or the flashes I get, “Do you ever feel as if we knew each other?” I ask quietly it wasn’t possible though, I’ve only been created for two weeks. He doesn’t answer and I don’t ask again. We don’t sit there long and soon I’m back into the darkness waiting for morning to come.
“Demetry!” I wake up to hear Aro banging on the door “What Man!” he yells sleepily, and then he remembers me. Grinning he pushes himself into a sitting position “I believe our human ran away!” Demetry gives an angry glare at the door and then looks amused. He pushes me off the bed, so I’m hiding from the view of the door. I listen as he gets up and opens the door “She not ours, she mine” I hear the possessive note in Demetry’s voice, it felt so normal. “Oh” is all I hear from Aro “She in here?” I can hear some shoving and then Aro staring at me on the ground “At least she dresses.” He mutters, which earns him a confused look from me. “Geez, she got scared what was I supposed to do? Tell her to grow up” Demetry doesn’t look all too happy “Funny” Aro snickers “Seeing as how actually she is growing up” Aro turn and leaves the room “Demetry” I say softly “What?” he snaps making me cringe “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to snap at you” I could see the sincerity in his eyes, nodding I ask “Why was Aro mad?” he surprised by my question but he answers it “Because he jealous and doesn’t think you should be in the same room as a man at night, seeing how your still at a 3rd grader level in thinking.” Getting up from the ground, my walking was much better now. I felt bad for making someone angry, I start to leave “what are you doing?” I look back at Demetry, he was studying me “Going to apologize” I stated like what else would I be doing? “For what?" You didn’t do anything” he doesn’t get mad just continues to watch me. “I made him mad” without another word, I search the house for Aro.
Finding him in the kitchen, he was sitting at the 3 chaired table reading the newspaper “Aro” I say softly scared I might upset him “Yeah?” he looks up confused about my hesitant voice “I’m sorry if I upset you” staring at me for a minute “I’m not mad at you, but the pig headed Demetry I am.” He looks down toward the paper. I was still standing in the doorway, “I’m sure he sorry.” I really didn’t know why they always got upset with each other.
“Good morning” Carly said giving me a big smile, she never seemed affected by their attitudes “Morning” I say cheerfully, already almost forgetting about their attitudes. “Are we leaving today?” I ask I was anxious to see the world and see what everybody was saying was so scary. “Yep. Later, right now we need a shower and time to get ready” my face falls a bit, I wanted to go now. “Here” Demetry hands me some clothes as he walks in, Aro and him avoid eye contact. I turn, heading for the showers.