Status: Work in Progress

Straight Through My Heart

005

This new school was fascinating. The other students were friendly, I didn't have the urge to stay in the bathroom until the warning bell rang. I felt relaxed and I could focus more on my studies than if I was going to make it to work on time and in one piece.

I never saw that Gerard guy or his brother again until the final class. He and his brother seemed to be able to get along just fine, and I could see myself actually hanging out with them more often. They must have felt me staring because they quickly looked at me, then took a seat on either side. "Were you nervous about your first day today?" Gerard asked, looking at me with wide eyes. I smiled.

"Surprisingly, no. It's been a rather enjoyable day. The first one I've had in a long while," I replied, sliding comfortably down in my chair.

"Awesome. It was my first day as well, and I fucking love it here!" he exclaimed, causing a few people to look at the three of us. A few chuckled and just as quickly as they looked, they went back to their hushed conversations. After a while, and getting to know the brothers a little more, the teacher walked in, his entire front side covered in paint, a pastel-like substance, and marker.

"Afternoon," he said, getting a voiced response from us all. "I hear there's a couple new students." He looked around and then stopped on both me and Gerard. "You two, to the board," he said, pointing at the far wall which was nothing but a thick set of paper. "Show everyone your skills. Let us know what we're working with."

Gerard grabbed his drawing pencil -- which looked as if it has seen better days -- and looked at me with happy eyes. Grabbing my new set, I grabbed one and walked over with him to the paper board. We glanced at each other and then he immediately went to work. I followed suit and started drawing what I could do best.

***

After about forty-five minutes, we both were finished, and I glanced at his drawing. It was me, sitting in a window with a notepad. I was actually in that position before this class, two floors up. Every detail of me, down to even my scorpion tattoo and lip piercing, had been gotten. "Whoa," I said, walking over to it and studying it more closely.

"Whoa, look at Scorpio's drawing!" someone exclaimed, going over to mine. It was a drawing of the nightlife of NYC, and there were even a few added supernatural-like creatures dotted about. "That's bloody fantastic!" the person exclaimed, only then making me realize he was British.

"Thanks," I said, blushing a bit.

"I've never been good with buildings, just people," Gerard said, looking a bit upset. He smiled, but I could tell he seemed a bit hurt that people seemed to enjoy mine better.

"I think you've done a fantastic job," I said, sounding really awed. "Is this by memory?" I asked, now causing him to blush.

"Yeah. You looked really peaceful, and I find that a very attractive quality," he said, blushing a deeper shade of red. I smiled, and he grinned.

"Gerard, your's kicks ass as well. I could see your drawing of Scorpio here," one kid said, pointing at the park bench that was in mine.

"You boys have some talent with life-like drawing," the teacher said, causing everyone to look at him. "Think I could bug you boys this weekend to help the club this weekend do a mural for the coffee shop?"

"If my boss lets me," I said, explaining further that I worked there and that I would be this weekend.

"I'll talk with him and explain everything tomorrow," he said, telling everyone to take there seats. For the rest of the class, everyone was more interested in our abilities than what the teacher had to say, and the teacher didn't seem to mind. He had finally given up and let the remainder of the day be used as free time.

Although people were trying to talk with me, I couldn't seem to be part of the conversation. I was too intrigued by Gerard and his drawing ... and the fact that he seemed to be hiding more than just his attraction for me.