Status: Work in Progress

Straight Through My Heart

008

I was losing it. Every nerve in my body just wanted Frank to be at my side 24/7. I would be lying if I said I didn't want him sexually, but I know that was far from the question. I mean, we just met recently, so there wasn't any point of throwing myself at him.

We ate in silence, only talking if someone asked a question, or thought they'd share a tidbit about something. I have been basically moving my food from one side to the other, not really feeling like eating. I glanced over at Frank's plate, and he hadn't even touched his silverware. He was just staring at his food as if it were an unidentified life form.

Frank met my gaze for a long moment, then glanced back down at his food. "Excuse me," he said, standing up and walking out of the kitchen. I went to excuse myself, but Grandmother touched my arm, shaking her head ever so slightly.

"He'll come around. Give him time," she said, causing me to sit down. I crossed my arms, looking out of the kitchen window, watching as the sky darkened. Getting too antsy to sit still, I walked over to my bag hanging on the back door and flipped it open. Grabbing my drawing supplies, I closed my bag and sat back down, opening the pad and started drawing.

Minutes passed, and I didn't noticed Grandmother and Mikey clearing off the table. I was too into drawing. Curve his lip here. Eye twinkle there. Light shadow here. As I went on, I barely registered the door to the kitchen open and Frank walking in. I bit on my lip, continuing on with the drawing.

As more time passed, the drawing was coming out rather well. I wasn't under pressure, I wasn't stressed. It just flowed so easily. I vaguely heard Mikey saying something, but paid no mind to it. A bit of shuffling, hushed whispers, and a closing door and I was alone.

Time Elapse

I don't know how long I was lost into the drawing, but I had finally come to an end, easily setting the pencil on my ear. Setting the drawing down, I looked around. I was still alone in the kitchen, so I stood up and made my way into the living room. The TV was on, but it was low. Grandmother was nowhere in sight, Mom had come home, Mikey was passed out on the couch, and Frank was staring blindly at the TV screen.

"How long was I in there?" I asked, causing Frank to jump a bit before looking at me. He studied me for a long moment, his eyes looking tired.

"Two and a half hours, give or take a few minutes," he replied, looking down at the fraying carpet. "My mom is going to flip if I don't get home." He stood up, facing me and looking out of place.

"Let me get my mom to take you home," I said, pointing to the stairs. "A lot safer."

"I'd rather walk. You're mom seemed kind of freaked when she walked in and saw me," he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Mind if I walk with you?" I asked, shoving my fists in my jeans. "If you'd rather walk alone, I'd understand."

"Actually, I would love the company," he said, flashing a grin that didn't reach his eyes. I smiled back, grabbing my keys and phone from the coffee table. Mikey moved a bit, adjusting his position, but he remained asleep. Smiling warmly, I bent down and removed his glasses, placing them on the end table.

Walking out the front door, Frank and I silently made our way towards his house. It was a chilly night, but it was comfortable. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just ... I was curious."

"I'd rather not talk about it," he replied, placing his hands on the back of his head. Again, we walked in silence, the only sounds were owls and crickets. I glanced over at Frank, he seemed so relaxed. "You stare at me a lot, you know," he said, turning a bit and looking at me.

"There's something about you that pulls at me. I guess I'm trying to figure out who you are, what makes you tick," I replied, placing my hands behind my back. "If I may ask, what caused you to transfer schools?"

"Basketball team," he said, letting out a chuckle. "What about you?"

"Football team," I replied, "although, I think it was more of saving the reputation of the captain more than anything."

"Why would you save his reputation if he was part of the reason you left?" Frank asked, letting his hands fall to his sides.

"Somehow, we managed to talk to each other and actually work things out. People started talking, which caused him to get a little jumbled," I started, looking up at the night sky. "He had more of a leadership thing going on in the school, and I didn't want to be the reason why he'd fall so hard so fast when he had so much more to lose."

"I wouldn't have done that, but that's just me," Frank said, looking at me. I looked over at him again, studying him like always.

"I tend to see the best in people, no matter how they affect my life," I said softly, smiling. "I try to understand where they're coming from. I don't want to be that guy who fucks up everyone's life and is known for it. I'd rather be the guy who gives people that extra push to strive and be the best they can be."

"For being considered an emo, that's rather amazing," he said, looking awestruck by me. "It's like your a damn angel or something."

Stopping mid-step, my face darkened. Frank paused, and looked at me, his face looking a tad curious. "I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to throw in the Sherlock quote! It was too perfect! Sue me!