Status: Hiatus

The Teacher's Assistant

The Meeting

"Hazel, this would be amazing for your records! I can clearly see that this school is doing nothing for your future, and I seriously believe this could be you're big break!"
"Do you really think it'll help Ms.Chia?" I asked my eccentric Art teacher as we worked together to finish our most recent project. Her thick rimmed glasses and long, white hair making her unique in herself.
"I really do. I heard from fellow teachers and professors that they have a fabulous hands-on Art program. I think it would be a wonderful change for you, my moonshine." I smiled at the teacher I had grown to love and know as a second mother.
"I'm just-I'm gonna miss you Cheester." She grimaced at the nickname I had adopted to her when we first met when I started grade 6. I was now graduated, but had been attending St.Mary's School For Girls for 6 years.
"As will I, La Lune, but you should go." She looked at me with a proud expression and a small smile.
"Okay, might as well give it a shot."

TIME LAPSE

"Hi there, I'm Hazel and I'm the new Teachers' Aid." I said shyly to the secretary working in the Huntington High School office. She looked up from whatever she was doing, gave me a quick once over and scowled before going back to her work. She scooted her wheely chair to her computer where she quickly typed out something and looked back at me from above her old-lady glasses and glared at me. I arched my brow at her and looked in disbelief. Was she serious? People are so rude these days. She stood up and walked to the printer where she snatched a small pile of papers and basically threw them at me before going back to her work. At least the staff was friendly.

So, apparently I was working with a Mr.Baker in room 206. Wonderful. Now if I only knew where room 206 was.
I exited the office and begin walking aimlessly through the halls, hoping to find the Art room. When I finally located it, the door was wide open and students were entering and exiting as they pleased. Thank god I wasn't a student this year. Luckily I had skipped a grade when I was younger, meaning I was already graduated which was a huge relief.

I approached the teacher, who was sitting at the desk with his back to me and talking to who seemed to be another teacher. His comrade was definitely handsome. He had raven black hair that seemed to defy gravity, a nice chiseled jaw and high cheek bones, which suited him, and a nose piercing. I also noticed the incessant amount of tattoos peeking out from under his black dress shirt. When he noticed me walking up to his friends side his eyes widened and he nodded his head in my direction, at his friend which made Mr.Baker turn around.
I smiled at him which he returned before clearing his throat and standing up.
"Hello, I'm Mr.Baker! I didn't know we had a new student coming in today?" He said, looking back at his friend who merely shrugged in response.
"Ah no, I'm Hazel your new teachers' assistant!" I smiled at the two of them again and adjusted my bag on my shoulder.
"Oh, of course! It truly is a pleasure to meet you, Hazel. I have heard amazing things about you from all the teachers at your old school."
"The pleasure is all mine, sir."
"No, no, no. Call me Zacky, all my students do so you should as well."
"Okay, Zacky. Who's your friend?" I asked looking at Mr.Tall, Dark and Handsome.
"This idiot is Mr.Haner, the Music teacher here." He stood from his spot and walked toward us. I looked up at him, quite literally since I was a measly 5'2 and smiled.
"Call me Brian." He said kindly as he pulled me into an unexpected hug, which I gladly returned.
He was gorgeous, but so was Zacky now that I think about it. He wasn't as tall as Brian, maybe a few inches shorter, and was on the chubbier side, making him look even more adorable. He too had an impressive amount of tattoos and these piercing green eyes that seemed to stare into my soul.
"It's nice to meet you both!" I exclaimed just before the bell rang. Brian's eyes widened and he cursed under his breath, making me giggle. He smiled at me before punching Zacky in the arm and bolting it from the class.
"Okay, Hazel. We don't have much happening today. The students are just working on their independent projects so if you could just sort of, I don't know, walk around and assist any of them, that would be amazing." Zacky said as he placed his hand on my lower back, sending chills down my spine.
I nodded and smiled before he lead me to the front of the class.
"Okay class, calm down!" Zacky shouted over the loud chatter.
"Who's the hottie?" Some teenage boy from the back of the class shouted, making me blush and smile again.
"Derek, shut up. Now, as I was about to say!" He glared at the jock. "This is Hazel, she is my new Teachers' Aid and she is here to help any of you with anything you may need, that is art related." Everyone mumbled a response before all going about their own work.

Three periods later and it was finally lunch. I sighed in relief at the sound of the lunch bell, but stayed out of the way to not get trampled by the hyper students.
"Since you're technically staff here you can probably come hangout with Brian, myself and a few of our other friends if you'd like." Zacky suggested while rolling up his sleeves on his dress shirt, showing off all of his tattoos. I agreed and we made our way out of the room together.
"Hey Hazel I missed you! Ew... Zack's back." Brian joked as we walked up to the table. Zacky flipped him off before sitting down. I sat beside him and looked around the table, taking in the men around me.
One was rather small looking, with black hair and blond patches throughout. The next two seemed to be twins, and they were both very buff with somewhat shaggy, dark brown hair. The next guy was bouncing in his seat, literally. He had wild, untameable black hair, bright blue eyes and looked on the lankier side. They were all very good looking, but they didn't seem to compare to Brian, whom my attention seemed to automatically drift to.
"Hazel, this is Mr.Seward or Johnny, he teaches Physics. Mr. M and Mr.J Berry, Matt and Jason, since its easy to get them mixed up, both being Mr.Berry. Matt teaches History and Jason teaches Wood Shop, and last but not least Mr.Sullivan."
"-or Jimmy. I teach the best subject of them all!" He shouts hyper-actively making me giggle when a few of the older teachers glare at our table.
"He teaches English Literature." I nodded in understanding.
Zacky looks around confused for a second, and everyone just shrugs in return.
"I don't know where Matt is…"
"Hey sorry guys!" A burly, muscly man exclaims as he runs into the Staff Room. He plops down beside Jimmy, breathing heavily, as if he ran here. He had the largest muscles of all the guys, and like everyone else, was coated in tattoos, but his were on full display in his black V-neck tee and basketball shorts. His eyes were a rich, caramel colour, and his hair was cut short. When he noticed a new face sitting at the table, he immediately smiled at me, making the most adorable dimples pop out from his cheeks.
"Who's this?" He asked in his deep, husky voice.
"I'm Hazel, Zacky's new Assistant."
"Ooh Assistant, sounds kinky!" Jimmy said making me laugh and Zacky groan at his friend.
"I'm Matt, nice to meet you." He said, smiling at me again, making my heart melt. I smiled back, but couldn't seem to look away from his eyes that were staring intently into mine.
"Matt here is the gym teacher." Brian's voice pulled me from the trance I was in. I looked at him, into his deep, chocolatey brown eyes, and felt the same thing I did when I looked into Matt's.
Wait, what? I'm a teenaged girl! These guys are in their twenties! I shouldn't be feeling anything for anyone. No matter how dark and mysterious or scruffy and ripped.

But I mean.... I couldn't help it. It's just a little crush, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
New story with a shitty ending for the first chapter! Please tell me what you think! I love comments :) Sounds like we've got ourselves a love triangle a-brewing!!! WHOOO!
Comment, Rec and Subscribe!