The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 001:

Chapter One
"Em, you're way too stressed, come out for a drink with us!" my roommate, Ashley said and I sighed from my desk.

"I can't Ash, I have to have this paper due by Monday," I said and Ashley walked over towards me and shut my laptop, "Ashley!"

"That's what Saturday and Sunday are for! Come on! You've been dealing with those brats all week, let's go out with the others!"

"First off, wow, you just called my first grade class brats, and two, no," I said as I opened my laptop again and started to type out my paper.

"Em!" she whined and then sat on my desk.

"Ashley, I've been student teaching all week, and I haven't been able to get my class assignments finished! I still need to get school supplies and finish my presentation!"

"Emily Niskanen! Stop being boring and come out to have some fun! I promise I'll help you with your shit if you come out!" Ashley yelled and I laughed and looked at her.

"You're not going to leave me alone until I say yes, are you?" I asked and she smirked and walked over towards my closet.

"No ma'am! Em, you're twenty one and you're already stressing yourself into getting grey hairs," Ashley said as she plucked through my hair and I smacked her hand away.

"Shut up, Ash!"

"Come on, Brooke and Amy are going to meet us there!" Ashley said as she walked back over towards my closet, "Ooo, you should wear this!"

"What?" I asked as I tore my eyes from my computer to see that she had picked out one of my favorite dresses, "All right."

"Will you stop with the typing?! You need to get ready!" Ashley growled and I sighed.

"All right, all right!" I yelled and then saved my paper and shut down my laptop, "So bossy."

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I blow dried my hair and applied some makeup, once I finished in there, I wrapped my towel around me and walked into my room to find my dress laying on my bed. I smirked and then shook my head as I dropped my towel and walked over towards my dresser to grab some underwear and my strapless bra. I slipped the dress over my tan body and applied some perfume.

Image

"You ready ye- Ooo, you look so cute!" she said and I smirked.

"Can you get my boots?"

"Ankle boots?" she asked and I nodded my head and she walked over towards my closet and grabbed my black ankle boots.

"Ready?" I asked and Ashley nodded her head, "Let's go."

My name is Emily Niskanen, I'm a twenty one year old, Boston University Junior. Ever since I was little, all I wanted to be when I grew up was a teacher, I loved kids, and I have very good patience. I lived in Minnesota for the first eighteen years of my life and once I graduated high school, I was off to Boston. I have an old brother named Matt, he's a professional hockey player and plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I don't really know much about the sport, but I'm always willing to watch my brother do what he does best. Originally he played for the Dallas Stars, and I became good friends with them, but I have yet to meet the Penguins, and he's been with them for two seasons.

My Freshman in college I stayed in a door and my roommate was Ashley, we became fast friends, and I found her to be a big Capitals fan, since she was originally from Washington DC. During my Sophomore year, Ashley and I became suitemates with Brooke and Amy, that meant that they had their own room; however, we shared a bathroom with them. This year, we decided that we were going to buy a four bedroom condo together, of course with the help of our families.

This year seemed to be harder than the last, I had four classes, plus I student taught at the local elementary school. The kids were a little hyper and it would tough having to always interrupt my teaching to calm them down, Ashley called them brats, and some times, she was right.

Ashley and I got into my black 2011 Chevy Camero, and I headed into downtown Boston to the local clubs. I gave the car to the valet and then walked into the club. Brooke and Amy were waiting for us by the bar and I smirked and hugged them.

"How is it that we all live with you, but barely see you?" Brooke laughed, having to shout over the loud music.

"Because, according to Ash here, I'm boring," I smirked as I nudged Ashley's side and then leaned over the counter wanting a drink.

"What can I get for you?" the bartender asked as he leaned in close.

"A bottle of Miller," I said as I handed him my ID. He nodded his head and handed my license back to me and grabbed me my beer, "Thanks."

I turned back to my friends and listened to the music as Brooke and Ashley were talking about something that happened in their class today. Amy motioned for us to move over towards a table, because we were kind of blocking the way to the bar. We managed to find and empty one and then I grabbed my phone from my clutch and saw that I had a text from my brother.

[We're playing Boston tomorrow, will you be at the game?]

[In Boston?]

[No in China!]

[Shut up lmao! What time is the game?]

[7, save you a seat?]

I looked up towards my friends and then placed my hand in the middle of the table, getting their attention, "You guys wanna go to a game tomorrow?"

"Your bro?" Brooke asked and I nodded my head, "Sure."

"What about you two?" I asked and then smirked and nodded their heads, "Cool."

[4 plz =) luv u] I answered and he replied with a 'k', "All right, we have tickets!"

After an hour of being at the club, I really wanted to go home. Just as I was about to leave three guys walked over and placed some shots in front of us.

"Now what are a bunch of pretty ladies doing all by themselves?" the guys said with a smug smirk on his face.

"We were just leaving," Brooke said and the guy who placed the shots on the table moved next to her.

"Aw, why so soon?"

I looked over towards Ashley and rolled my eyes. Ashley smirked and then grabbed the shot in the middle of the table and took it.

"Thanks for the drink boys, but we better be off," Ashley said and then winked towards the red head that was next to her, "Meet you by the car?"

"Yeah," I said and she walked off.

"What about you?" I heard and then turned to see that one of the guys was standing behind me, almost blocking me in, "Are you leaving too?"

"Sorry sweetie, I don't like being hit on by drunk boys," I said and he smirked that was on his face fell, "Better luck next time," I said as I reached back onto the table, grabbed the shot glass and took the shot. I leaned into his and brought my lips to his ear, "Thanks for the shot."

"Can I walk you out then?" he asked and I laughed a little.

"If you think that from the time I leave this spot to when I get to my car, my mind will change, you're living in the clouds sweetheart," I said as I patted his chest and waved bye to Brooke and Amy, "See you at home."

"Still doesn't mean I can't walk you out," I heard and turned around to see that the guy was still following me.

My phone went off and I looked down to see that Ashley had texted me, [U have a Bruin following u, Em]

[Who?]

[Seguin] Ashley replied and I turned to see that the guy was smirking towards me.

"All right, fine, you can walk me out," I caved and he smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"So we going to your place or mine?" he asked cockily and I laughed.

"Boy you don't like to mess around, do you?" I asked as I grabbed my coat from the check in and headed outside.

"No, I don't like to, not in my nature," he answered and I smirked and saw my car with Ashley in the passenger seat, "Your car?"

"Yeah."

"Nice."

"Thanks," I said and then leaned against it.

"So does this mean that I'll follow you?" he smirked and rolled my eyes.

"Not in the slightest," I muttered and he walked up to me and then placed his hands on the car, with me in-between them, "So do you always go up to girls and act like this?"

"Only the gorgeous ones," he said and then stared at me, "You have beautiful eyes."

"You're not winning here buddy," I smirked and he sighed, "You don't even know me."

"Well, I'm Tyler and you’re-"

"Emily."

"Emily! See, now we know each other," he smiled and I laughed.

"Sorry, but I'm not a puck bunny."

He looked at me a little surprised and then smirked, "You know who I am?"

"Of course, I'm not stupid," I said and he smirked.

"Never thought you were."

"Sorry, I'm not a hockey fan," I said and then playfully pushing him out of the way and getting into my car, "Night."