The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 100:... FINAL!!!

-Emily-
Almost four years have passed since Tyler and I being wed, it’s been four years since moving to Dallas, it’s been four years since Tyler started playing for the Stars, and each year since then, they’ve made the playoffs, each year getting further than the last, last year losing in the finals to Washington. The year after Tyler was traded to Dallas, Matt was traded from Pittsburgh to Washington, so I was happy to see my big brother lift the Stanley Cup over his head for the first time.

Right now, I sat with the other WAGs, sitting next to my best friend Ashley, who was the girlfriend of Dallas Captain, Jamie Benn, and also sitting up high, almost nine months pregnant, due any day now as my husband is on the ice in the middle of Game six of the Stanley Cup Finals against the New York Rangers.

Tyler had the puck and was flying down the ice, the letter ‘A’ on his shoulder, as he handled the puck between the two defensemen and towards Lundqvist. The clock was ticking down and the score was three to two, New York. If Dallas won tonight, they moved onto Game seven, if they lost, New York took the cup.

Tyler shot the puck and we watched nervously as it flew in the air, everyone was wondering if it was going to make it, everyone was quiet, that is until the puck hit the back of the net. We all jumped to our feet, we were hugging each other, cheering and I was crying, and that was only because they tied the game and was most likely going into overtime.

But we were wrong, we didn’t go into overtime, no, because thirty seconds later, four seconds before the game was supposed to go into overtime, Jamie picked up the puck from Tyler and shot it in-between the legs of Henrik Lundqvist.

As soon as we all sat down, we found ourselves jumping up again and celebrating the goal. Ashley and I were hugging each other and then at that wonderfully timed moment, my child decided that they wanted to be born.

“Emily! Em!” Ashley called as she wrapped her arms around me and had me sit back down, “Call the paramedics! NOW!”

“Someone get Tyler!” someone yelled and I looked up at Ashley, pain was circulating throughout my body and Ashley was trying to get me to breathe properly.

“Just keep breathing, Emily! Just keep breathing! Help is coming!” Ashley tried to calm me down, it wasn’t happening.

-Tyler-
We were all cheering and celebrating our win, the guys and I were in the locker room happy that we were going to Game seven and had a chance for the cup. We all jumped into showers, as I was in the middle of showering, I heard my name being yelled into the locker room. The guys and I looked at each other and then I rinsed off and grabbed my towel.

“Tyler!”

“Yeah?” I called and saw a girl that wore an arena uniform, I also recognized her to be the girl that Emily was always talking too.

“You need to hurry up, Emily went into labor!” she said and my eyes widened and I ran over to my stall.

She left the room and I was quickly getting changed, my teammates came out and asked me what was wrong, “Emily’s going into labor.”

“Dude! You gotta go!” Jamie said as I took a step forward but then found myself sitting on the bench.

“I’m gunna be a father.”

“Yes, you are, you’re going to be a late father too if you don’t move your ass!” Jordie yelled as he pushed me up and started to move me towards the door, “Emily needs you now.”

“Yes! Yeah!” I said and then ran out of the room, headed for the elevator that was going to take me to up. When the door finally opened Tyler ran towards the WAGs’ room, finding the door wide open and paramedics placing Emily on a bed, “Em!”

“Ty!” she called out and I ran over towards her and held her hand.

The EMTs got her into the bus and drove us to the hospital, some of my teammates and friends followed behind us. When we reached the hospital, everyone acted quickly, I had told Ashley before we left to call Matt, to let him know what was happening. The one night he decides to stay at our house and video chat with his girlfriend instead of stay with his sister, she goes into labor.

Once the nurses and doctors got Emily situated, had me scrubbed down and thrown in scrubs, I was placed back in the room with Emily, who was screaming for me. The nurses were trying to get her to breathe, the injected her with something and she calmed down a whole lot.

“What was that?” I asked a nurse and she smiled towards me.

“It’ll help, she’s got a while before the baby will come through, it’ll dull the pain,” she said and I sighed and looked back at Emily. I ran my fingers through her hair and then kissed her head.

-Emily-
“Congratulations,” the doctor said as he pulled out the baby and I let out a huge breath that I had been holding, “You have a beautiful baby boy.”

“A boy,” I heard Tyler said and looked over towards him and smiled.

“You have your hockey player, babe,” I breathed and Tyler looked down at me and pressed his lips against mine.

“You’re beautiful, babe,” he said and I let out a tired laugh.

“I thought I was the one on the drugs,” I said and he chuckled and stood up to look at the nurse.

“Do you want to hold your son?” the nurse asked me and I smiled and nodded my head, sitting up in my bed and holding my baby, “Do you know what you’re going to name him?”

“Nathan Paul,” I said and looked at Tyler to see him nodding his head, he cupped the baby’s head and placed a kiss on his son’s head.

“I love it,” he said and I smiled up at him and felt his lips press against mine.

~~~~~~~~~~Five years Later~~~~~~~~~

“Leah, what have I told you about drawing on the walls!” I scolded my oldest daughter as she and my youngest, once again, drew on the walls with crayons, “Just wait until daddy finds out!” their little eyes widened and then jumped up and ran up the stairs to their room, “We’re not finished!”

“Mommy, mommy!” I heard and turned to see Nathan running towards me, I smiled towards my oldest child, bent down and kissed him, “Daddy helped me get a goal!”

“He did!” I smiled and Nathan smiled and nodded his head viciously, “That’s wonderful!” I kissed his head and hugged him, “But you smell just as bad as daddy when he gets off of the ice, I think you should bath.”

“I smell manly!” Nathan said and I laughed.

“Yeah, that’s what daddy calls it too,” I smiled and ruffled his hair, “You’ll never get girls if you act like that.”

“Girls have coodies!” he said and I laughed.

“You’ll learn to like them, buddy,” I heard and looked to see Tyler walking towards us, a big bag hanging from his shoulder, “Trust me, you’ll learn to love them.”

“Uh huh,” I smirked.

“But they’ll still have coodies,” Tyler whispered and I gasped and playfully slapped Tyler’s arm.

“Don’t tell him that!” I laughed and Tyler smiled, dropped the bag, walked over towards me, wrapped an arm around my waist and pressed his lips against mine.

“Ew!” Nathan squealed and I pulled away from Tyler and giggled.

“How was practice?”

“Good, Ashley got the video of Nate getting a goal,” he said and then handed over the camera.

“I owe her,” I said and Tyler chuckled and kissed my head.

“She knows your swamped here,” he said and then walked into the kitchen and found your youngest child, Ethan Mathew, “And how’s my trooper?” Tyler said and I smiled as he picked up his six month old son from his car seat.

“Tell daddy, you’ve sleeping all day,” I said and walked over towards them and kissed Tyler’s cheek.

I heard the girls screaming upstairs and then they started to run out of their room, Tyler and I looked at each other and then ran over towards the stairs to see them running down.

“What in the world are you two doing?!” I asked.

“Bug! Bug!” Addison Mae, my youngest daughter cried as she ran into my legs.

“Spider!” Leah Marie cried as she followed her sister.

“Oh, well, you know spiders are daddy’s job,” I said and looked towards Tyler to see that he was shooting me a look, “You know the rules.”

“Daddy kill it!” the girls yelled and I bit back a smirk as Tyler bent down, Ethan still in his arms.

“What does mommy do when I’m gone and there’s a spider?”

“Let’s us sleep in her room until it’s gone,” Leah said and I smiled mischievously towards Tyler as he looked up at me with a smirk.

“You’re Mommy spoils you guys,” he said and then kissed his daughters’ heads and then stood up, handed me Ethan and headed up the stairs, but turned around half way, looked at me with a cocky smirk, the smirk that made me fall in love with him, “You and I, we be havin’ some words later on!”

“Better be careful, those words created our last child,” I said and he laughed and headed up the stairs to kill the spider for his daughters.

Tyler and I have been married almost ten years, we were still in Dallas and everything was going wonderful, the team has been doing well and was now known to make the playoffs every year. Tyler was appointed Assistant Captain five years ago and Jamie was still Captain, he was also now married and had a daughter with my best friend, and god mother to my children, Ashley.

Brooke and Brad were married and still in Boston, they had two children and always come with Brad every time he plays Dallas, we always love to get together and let our children have a play date.

Amy and Tyler Kennedy, sadly did not last, two years after Amy dropped everything and moved to San Jose, their relationship fell apart and she moved back home and ended up falling for a boy she went to high school with, they were still happy together.

Matt was happy and engaged to a girl he met while in Washington and their wedding was in six months, I was happy to see my big brother happy with someone, and we got lucky, her family was not as dysfunctional as ours, and they like him.

Over ten years ago, if someone was to ask me where I would see myself now, never would I have told them that I was married to a hockey player, with four children, as well as living my dream as a teacher. I happy the way my life turn out, I’m happy I met Tyler that night in the club, I’m happy he chased after me, I’m happy I get him that chance, and I’m happy he took it. Because, the day that Tyler Seguin walked into my life, all of my life plans were thrown out the window and replaced with even better ones, and every now and then, when Tyler and I make plans to be alone, I’m still his naughty little teacher, and he’ll always be the teacher’s pet.

THE END