The Teacher's Pet

The Teacher's Pet 019:

Chapter Nineteen
-Emily-
"What the hell do you mean you're dating him?! You're the one who told me that you would never date hockey player!" Matt growled, trying not to be loud but he was.

We stood out in the hallway, the game was over and then Penguins had won, but Matt didn't really care about the win, he was upset about the whole Tyler and me. Matt was going after Tyler all night and I was getting annoyed, I was surprised that Tyler didn't start a fight with him, because I definitely would have.

"I like him, Matt, you can't tell me who I can and can't date!" I growled and then shook my head, "I wanted to tell you tonight."

"Well you should have told me when it happened! That way I could have hurt him sooner!"

"You see! This is why I didn't want to tell you!" I hissed and leaned against the wall, "Matt, I really like him, and if this blows up in my face, then you can say 'I told you so' and I'll say single for the rest of my life!"

"Em, that's not what I want! I want my little sister to be happy, but why a Bruin? Why another hockey player?" he said sounding disgusted and I sighed.

"It's not like I told him yes like that," I said as I snapped my fingers, "I treat him like a regular person, I don't care about his NHL statues, wouldn't you want that too?!"

"Em, it's that team, there's something-"

"Off?" I asked and his eyes widened and he nodded his head.

"Yeah! Wait! How did you-"

"You're not the only one who gets that feeling," I sighed and then heard the locker room door open and Sidney's head peaked out.

"Everything all right?"

"Yeah," I smiled towards him and then looked towards my brother, "I don't get that feeling around Tyler though, I'm happy with him. He helps me with my school, listens to the presentations that I'm going to give my students, he takes me to places that I enjoy, my friends like him," I explained and Matt stared at me, "He makes me laugh, Matty, I don't think he's using me."

"Is he coming to dinner tonight?" he asked and I nodded my head, "I'll be the judge of him then."

I sighed and then nodded my head, '...He has a chance then...'

"Come on," Matt said and then we walked into the locker room to see that everyone was laughing at how much of a goofball Tyler Kennedy was.

"Ah, Emily!" Geno said as he saw me and then walked over towards me.

"I still can't get over on how tall you are," I said and he laughed and patted my head, "Really? I'm not a puppy."

"Emily hates dogs," Matt said and Brooke snorted and I shot her a look.

"You seem pretty close with Tyler's dog," Brooke said and I sighed when Matt looked at me surprised.

"Don't start!" I said as I pointed towards him and the team laughed when Matt shut his mouth.

"Feisty one!" James laughed as he slung an arm around my shoulder, "I see who wears the pants in this sibling bond!"

"Shut up!" Matt growled and then slapped James' head, "Get your nasty ass hands off my sister!"

"Oh come on, Matty!" James whined and I laughed.

My phone went off and I reached for it in my back pocket and saw that Tyler had texted me saying that he was outside the locker room. I looked up towards Matt, "Tyler's ready."

"Wait what?" James asked as he looked at me, "So you are dating a Bruin! Oh that's harsh, Em."

"Stop it," I said and then saw the smirk on James' face.

"I bet Matty here is lovin’ that!" Tyler Kennedy laughed as his patted Matt's back.

"Is he outside?" Sidney asked and I nodded my head. He looked around and then walked passed me and over towards the door.

"Oh boy," I muttered as I heard the door open and Sidney called for Tyler to come in, "This'll be fun."

James shook my shoulder and laughed a little, "We won't hurt 'em, just gunna bust 'em."

"Whatever," I muttered as James walked away and Brooke stood next to me, "I feel like we're in court and Tyler's being judged."

"And your brother's the judge," Brooke said and I nodded my head.

"Dead man walkin'!" I heard one of the guys say and I scoffed and shook my head.

Tyler walked over towards me and wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my head, "What's going on?" he muttered and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"They're up to something," I said and he sighed, '...This is so unbelievably awkward...'

-Matt-
I listened to the guys busting Seguin about him dating my sister. I didn't say a word to him; I just stood behind my sister and watched as she listened to everything going on. This kid was good, I didn't know if he was being serious about liking my sister, or he was really good with his words. My sister new about his reputation with the puck bunnies, but he insists that he hasn't even looked at another girl since he met Emily at the club.

After the guys had finished picking the kid apart, and I was impressed that he didn't say anything out of place, I placed my hand on Emily's shoulder, "Let's go."

"All right," she said and then walked over towards Tyler and grabbed his hand, "We're gunna head out."

"All right," Tyler muttered and then looked over towards me.

"Amy, I'll see you later," Emily said and Amy nodded her head.

"Did you take separate cars or something?" I asked and Emily nodded her head.

"So Amy, where we goin' tonight?" T.K. asked her as he threw his arm around her shoulder.

"Wow, ok well, let's get going," I said and then nudged my head towards Emily and she started to push Tyler along.

The three of us walked out of the arena, everyone was quiet as we walked to my car. Tyler climbed into the back seat as Matt sat in the passenger seat. I drove to the restaurant and then parked the car. I looked at my brother and then we got out of the car and headed into the restaurant.

‘…This should be fun…’

The waitress sat us in a booth, Tyler slid in first, and I slid in next to him, while my brother sat across from us. We gave our drink orders, all of us ordered a beer, I was going to need one to survive this.

“I’ll let you look over our menu,” the girl said and then walked off.

I sighed and then took a swig of the beer while looking at the menu.

“So Tyler, how long have you been screwing my sister?” Matt asked and I choked on the beer.

Tyler patted my back as I tried to compose myself, “Jesus, Matt! What the hell kind of question is that?!”

“Just asking,” he said and I rubbed my face and shook my head.

“I don’t screw your sister,” Tyler said and I leaned back on the booth and sighed.

‘…Definitely gunna be a long night…’

-Ashley-
“Hi Ashley,” I heard and looked up to see that Amy had walked into the condo.

“Hey!” I said as I put my history book down and saw Tyler Kennedy walking in behind her, “Oh, company.”

“Yeah,” she said and then I saw Tyler wave towards me.

“Hiya,” he said and I laughed and waved back, “So you’re the Ovechkin girl?”

I laughed and nodded my head, “Yeah, I’m a big Caps fan.”

“Eh, poor Sid,” he muttered as he wrapped his arm around Amy’s shoulder and she started to lead him down the hallway to her bedroom.

‘…What did he mean by ‘poor Sid’?...’ I thought as I watched as Amy closed her door, ‘…Don’t tell me Crosby thought I was cute, I mean who could blame him, but awwwww….’

I heard my phone going off and looked to see that Emily had texted me, [FML]

“Oh boy,” I breathed as I hit reply, [Need an emergency phone call?]

[I need the whole damn team here NOW!]

“Well that’s not good,” I muttered, [Where r u?]

[Kelsey’s pub]

I sighed and then got up and walked over towards Amy’s door, I knocked and then opened the door and covered my eyes, “Sorry to interrupt, but Tyler, you and your team are kind of needed ASAP.”

“Why?”

“You can open your eyes, Ash,” Amy said and I looked to see that Tyler was getting up from the bed and throwing his shirt back on.

“I guess the whole boyfriend meet older brother thing isn’t going well. Em says your team or the cops.”

“I’m leaving,” he said and then threw his shoes on, “Where?”

“I’ll take ya,” I said and then looked towards Amy to see that she was getting ready.

“What’s going on?” I heard Brooke ask as she left her room.

“Just follow, I’ll explain on the way.”